Sign in to follow this  
scooterperpetual

DWVAC issues

So I recently started trying out something called DWVAC basically it allows you to use voice commands to control AI and it sort of works but with certain commands for instance if I say All it opens the action menu and if i say hold fire it switches my guns fire mode. Ive tried both the Arma 2 profile and the Arma 3 profile but they both do similar things, I have changed the key bindings but it still has this bug any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I remember correctly (was once a VAC user), VACBuilder got this 'Test Phrase' button where you can test if your activation phrases are recognized. Try playing with that feature first before testing the actual profile in-game.

As a tip just in case you haven't done so yet: Train for accuracy. As with all other programs which use Windows speech files, to achieve more accurate speech recognition, you have to train your machine to better understand you. You can do so by going to Windows Control Panel > Speech Recognition Options then click the 'Train your computer to better understand you' link

Check your microphone settings also. On my machine, I have to enable Microphone Boost to about +20db and use Mic level of 70 in order for a voice recognition program to better hear me.

In-game, I have to adjust certain audio levels to a minimum so as not to interfere with voice recognition (ie Music, Effects, Radio). Try adjusting your settings and see if it would also help.

Voice control in ArmA 3 be it with VAC, Articulate or GlovePIE have a lot of conveniences to offer. Have fun with it. :)

If you don't have a good soundboard, there's a chance that your mic migth generate a lot of noise, wich won't help.

Yea when I test it in the Vac Builder everything works right but in game it doesnt work think it may have something to do with keybinds but im not sure.

Run VACSystem.exe with administrator rights. Have you tried that? There is an instructional video

which may be related to your problem.

I didn't know that VAC now needs to change a few keybindings for it work with Arma 3 (referring to

) Edited by asuseroako
Fixed links

When I try saying 'Select red team' for example, most of the time it doesn't select them, and sometimes it selects the yellow team.

This is just 1 of the many examples that it fails to understand, register or process what I say.

I've set up my microphone (which is a Corsair 1500 headset, so it's pretty good) and also fine tuned it by reading a series of scentenses on the Windows voice configuration.

Anyone got any ideas for what I should do?

Here is a similar thread about issue with VAC. Maybe you can try the suggestions I've posted there.

Shift_E says to try it first with Notepad as active Window since VAC sends all keys to the active Window. Now trying it out myself using the 'ARMA3_INT' profile, voice recognition is toggle on/off using Left Alt+V key combination. If you would open up the VACBuilder under Profiles tab, you will notice that PTA and PTD (push to activate/ push to deactivate) are both set to NONE on that mentioned profile.

Very important: see to it that your machine is able to hear you. You can check your mic settings via Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound. Under Recording tab, click Microphone. The Microphone settings window opens up then under Levels tab, slide Microphone level to 70 and Microphone Boost to +20db then apply settings.

snap1821.jpg

Switch ON VAC first using Left Alt + V combination. You will notice a green O icon on the VAC notification icon.

snap1829.jpg

Now, with a blank Notepad currently being the active window, say some activation phrases like 'One'. It should open up Windows Help and Support since the profile is programmed to press F1 button. In Arma 3 game, it would not open up Windows Help and Support but instead, selects soldier one. Trying out the phrase 'Select Team Red', it should type on the Notepad window, <space>991 and 'Select Team Yellow', sends <space>994

snap1831.jpg

Therefore, on ARMA3_INT profile, using the phrase 'Select Team Red' sends space 991. I do it differently on GlovePIE. Instead of space 991, I use:

Left Shift + F1 for Team Red

Left Shift + F2 for Team Green

Left Shift + F3 for Team Blue

Left Shift + F4 for Team Yellow

Left Shift + F5 for Team White

And the code below is the exact GlovePIE profile codes that I use for Team selection (referring to my A3 GlovePIE Basic.PIE file)

//--Begin Calling your Teams commands
	if said("team red",6) then
		press(key.LeftShift)
		press(key.F1)
		wait 50 ms			
		release(key.LeftShift)
		release(key.F1)
	end if

if said("team green",6) then
		press(key.LeftShift)
		press(key.F2)
		wait 50 ms			
		release(key.LeftShift)
		release(key.F2)
	end if

if said("team blue",6) then
		press(key.LeftShift)
		press(key.F3)
		wait 50 ms			
		release(key.LeftShift)
		release(key.F3)
	end if

if said("team yellow",6) then
		press(key.LeftShift)
		press(key.F4)
		wait 50 ms			
		release(key.LeftShift)
		release(key.F4)
	end if

if said("team white",6) then
		press(key.LeftShift)
		press(key.F5)
		wait 50 ms			
		release(key.LeftShift)
		release(key.F5)
	end if	
	//-- End Calling your Teams commands

My suggestion: Try above combinations for Team selection instead of space 991, 992, 993 etc.

Just for info, code below is from ArmA3_INT.xml, taken from JoJoTheSlayer's profile (ArmA 3 VAC v308)

<command name="Select Team Red" phrase="Select Team Red" category="Red Team">
	<key extended="SPACE" extended2="NONE" pause="100" repeat="1" duration="20"/>
	<key value="9" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="100" repeat="1" duration="20"/>
	<key value="9" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="100" repeat="1" duration="20"/>
	<key value="1" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="100" repeat="1" duration="20"/>
</command>

Notice the SPACE 9 9 1 for 'Select Team Red' ? That's 4 keys pressed. Using Left Shift + F1 does the same in game. 2 keys only. Works with the latest ArmA 3 game version. :)