Sign in to follow this  
zeroip

Arma 2 OA Error When Attempting To Create LAN Game

Hello,

When trying to create a Server via the Multiplayer menu, the game crashes and gives me this error:

"Include file z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf not found."

I have no idea what caused this, and the rest of the internet doesn't seem to have a clue about it. Any help would be appreciated!

Are you trying to host DAYZ on your computer? If yes ask your questions There

People here seem to dont like DAYZ.

Are you trying to host DAYZ on your computer? If yes ask your questions There

People here seem to dont like DAYZ.

No, I know DayZ is a seperate deal all together, I wanted to host a legit Arma 2 OA match.

"Include file z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf not found."

First step: Check your modline. Which mods do you have running, which ones could be causing this problem? Start Arma 2 OA without all mods. Does it work now?

Second step: Which missions do you have in your mpMissions-folder? Which ones require you to use specific addons? (Check the mission.sqm-files if necessary). Remove all missions and try it again. Does it work now?

If one of these is the case, try to rule out the reason for this one by one.

It's highly unlikely, but if this fails, try to verify the integrity of your game cache. Reinstalling the game should be your very last resort.

First step: Check your modline. Which mods do you have running, which ones could be causing this problem? Start Arma 2 OA without all mods. Does it work now?

Second step: Which missions do you have in your mpMissions-folder? Which ones require you to use specific addons? (Check the mission.sqm-files if necessary). Remove all missions and try it again. Does it work now?

If one of these is the case, try to rule out the reason for this one by one.

It's highly unlikely, but if this fails, try to verify the integrity of your game cache. Reinstalling the game should be your very last resort.

Hello, and sorry for the late reply. None of these things worked, it's weird. And I cannot find any sort of solution. Agh...

My impression is that in your @DayZ addon, the dayz_code.pbo is bad. It's missing the description.sqf file. Deactivate your Dayz addon, and move your DayZ addon folder to some side folder. Try hosting a basic mission, see if it works. If it launches you know the .pbo is the problem.

I believe the game engine scans all addons when you create a server, MP or LAN. I base this on every time I launch server I get these messages reported in the error log:

File description.ext, line 2: '.respawn': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 2: '.onLoadMission': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 10: '.onLoadIntro': Missing ';' at the end of line

Not a single one of them has to do with the mission I'm launching, and I just ignore them until the day comes I hit on one causing the report.

Another possibility is the mission your launching calls for that file for whatever reason, and just isn't finding it.

Edited by OpusFmSPol