Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

Stuck at 30 FPS with Vsync? This might help.

This -stuck at 30 FPS with Vsync- really bothered me for quite some time now, and without Vsync I get horrible screen tearing... so I tried many methods and tools (Radeon Pro, Recording apps, Override3D, GPU_MaxFramesAhead, GPU_DetectedFramesAhead, etc.)

- No results from playing around with GPU_MaxFramesAhead &, GPU_DetectedFramesAhead

- Limiting FPS, without Vsync, I still get screen tearing. Not an option.

- Forced VSync in drivers (CCC or Nvidia equivalent) is for OpenGL only, it does not apply to DirectX. Not an option.

- Forced Vsync with Radeon Pro helped, but it made the game (and unrelated applications) unstable for some reason (random crashes). Not a good option.

Then I discovered the easiest solution imaginable, posted for some Assassin's Creed game actually (Maybe DirectX 11 related?), but works with Arma 3 as well:

ALT + TAB after starting the game.

30-60 FPS. Without any screen tearing at all, for me at least. If you're frame rate sensitive you will definitely feel the difference.

I know, it's not a bug, it's how Vsync works, but it serves no purpose in my eyes.