Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

[PvP] Airsoft: Bring Your A-Game

FMg6pyA.jpg

Released!

A small project that aims to provide a simple, fun, player vs player game mode for multiplayer.

It is similar to Battlefield's Conquest game mode in which players from two teams fight to capture objectives and deplete their opponent's tickets for victory.

The twist is that the default weapon ballistics are replaced in favor of more weighted projectiles to emulate airsoft pellets; heavier and slower. The mission is addon-free, requiring no overhead for servers to host the mission.

The area-of-operation is a closed-off forested area with lots of vegetation for concealment and cover.

Features from I and Doc Reaper's discontinued multiplayer game mode, "Hostage Rescue" have been utilized in this mission. Features such as pointing at locations or people, player tags for your teammates to see their location on-screen, as well as other functions.

A currency system is in-place to reward skilled players, allowing them to purchase more pellets, different outfits, ATVs, Quadcopter UAVs, and fortifications (for base building). In fear of certain players becoming overly-wealthy in credits and the rest of their team lacking credits, players are presented an option to distribute their overall wealth to the rest of their team, dividing evenly among everyone. This wealth distribution options encourages teamwork by allowing skilled players to help their team purchase upgrades and additional gear.

Developed in under a week.

Media

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry_uploads/4679/screenshots/8dtQxNIJKOuQ2wFIPnhTGl6Tsx11yYX5FUboNCYS6WT653fTbg.jpg (400 kB)

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry_uploads/4679/screenshots/koiRUZ36TxppaGKAReWGwAeLQhZiAe29KAU5W1WmQnNY788PdQ.jpg (569 kB)

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry_uploads/4679/screenshots/o2ygxqKgY6dn6toNvkestMSewsiHOUrNphPM1k79lMWnhbeUlu.jpg (448 kB)

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry_uploads/4679/screenshots/bgbShUlt33nlyo5OX5dZWohC4uPm9VYfbqnaSpza2tarqQ1iCd.jpg (280 kB)

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry_uploads/4679/screenshots/XOFdSmoTGqoWDFXqXHKoFN2kM3hrIFBWmFWbG7p7o3MeNdsI0l.jpg (356 kB)

Servers

b_560x95.png

b_560_95_1.png

Download

steam-iphone.png

dropbox.png

news_download_a3_3.png

Support me on Make ArmA Not War

WoezHeS.jpg

Edited by zooloo75

Liking the idea behind this. I can remember one of the first missions I ever played in OFP was a paintball game. I think tractors were one of the cover assets. Vanilla is good initially but longer term models of weapons and cover would be great.

Liking the idea behind this. I can remember one of the first missions I ever played in OFP was a paintball game. I think tractors were one of the cover assets. Vanilla is good initially but longer term models of weapons and cover would be great.

If you know of any paintball add-ons feel free to link them here so I can make an alternate version of the mission.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Yea was gonna link the same thing.. great idea!. Not enough 'fun' PvP types out there... paintball, road rage, etc.

Agreed. Getting inspiration from Celery's old fun missions from A2. I wish more quality missions were hosted instead of that Altis Life crap.

I'm making sure my code doesn't severely impact performance. So anticipate smooth gameplay.

I tried in Alpha to get Road Rage working in A3 but had problems with how the vehicles handled adding weapons... also I suck at scripting :) Tried again with Karts DLC but had issues with adding weapons to the karts and having them work properly in MP.

If you're at all interested in this I would be happy to help out.

PS: thanks for my new signature quote (all credit goes to you for saying it I'm just re-packing it ;) )

Edited by SavageCDN

I tried in Alpha to get Road Rage working in A3 but had problems with how the vehicles handled adding weapons... also I suck at scripting :) Tried again with Karts DLC but had issues with adding weapons to the karts and having them work properly in MP.

If you're at all interested in this I would be happy to help out.

PS: thanks for my new signature quote (all credit goes to you for saying it I'm just re-packing it ;) )

I may be interested later on; quite busy nowadays. :c

BTW, if anyone would like to help test the mission, add me on Steam!

For sure.. can help with dedicated server too if you don't have one. Messaged you on Steam.

For sure.. can help with dedicated server too if you don't have one. Messaged you on Steam.

Great, I don't own a dedi, but another nice person is helping me host the mission. I wouldn't complain if you hosted it either. The more the merrier! :D

The dedicated server I have up for Zooloo's Paintball game mode can be found by looking for "[uS] AURORA Networks || Public || High FPS || TS: 64.74.97.96:9987" or just use the remote filter and use 64.74.97.96

Do mind that if you play the mission, it is very work-in-progress!

I'd like to thank everyone that helped me test out tonight's build.

BTW, the ghillie suits really work o.o

Had someone literally walk past me as I laid prone in the grass. Got up and shot them. :D

Also utilizing some unused code from my discontinued remake of my Hostage Rescue mission. I guess that project can still be put to use :)

Expect completion around Sunday.

Edited by zooloo75

Main post updated.

Huge progress made last night!

Some major additions:

Control points (with capturing).

Construction (build fortifications using credits).

Ticket system.

Ballistics improved.

Bug fixes.

Color corrections.

Dispersion system.

The construction system is taken from Stratis-RP: Ultimate.

I could use testers as well as hosters (since hosting locally doesn't allow people to connect to me and vice versa after the removal of Gamespy...)

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

A server is up thanks to a good friend!

Filter the servername: La Cantina | Paintball

Release is imminent!

Can a moderator rename the thread to "[PvP] Airsoft: Bring Your A-Game" **Yes we can**

Decided that airsoft made more sense than paintball for this mission.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Download

steam-iphone.png

dropbox.png

Edited by zooloo75

Update: Credits are now persistent!

Congrats on release!!

Thanks! Now I just need players :k:

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

If anyone would like to host the mission on their server, feel free to drop the server info here and I will put it in the main post. A Gametracker banner is preferred!