Sign in to follow this  
Echo38

Since last patch, malfunctioning headgear for player character in "Adapt" campaign?

Since the last patch added randomization of headgear for the FIA, it appears to have broken headgear selection & retention for the player character in the second campaign. Regardless of what headgear I choose at the armory, when the mission actually starts, I'm randomly given different headgear. Every time I restart the mission, it's a new randomization. Aside from taking away my ability to choose my headgear, this is also going to result in continuity breaches, where my character compulsively switches headgear at a time where he shouldn't reasonably be able to. (Where did that hat come from?) Anyone know how I can fix this problem, preferably without downloading mods? Some sort of config file I can enter a fix into? One of the developers posted a fix to the randomized headgear, but I only can figure out how to enter it into missions I've created, not the official missions.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

By the way, this same bug (or "undesired feature," if you wanna be cute about it) is also hilariously broken for Stavros and Miller during the same campaign. Stavros's beard enormously clips through the masks and Miller's hair clips just as badly through most of the hats. (I don't mean like a couple of little spikes, I mean the whole top part of his head.) Methinks this headgear randomization needs to be rethought and, at the very least, temporarily removed pending any fix simple enough to implement (such as making certain characters/faces exempt from having random headgear forced on them). Surely, a simple reversion to the pre-patch state (no automatically randomized headgear) would suffice for now. Is anyone at BIS even aware that this is a problem? I looked through all threads in the relevant sections of the forum since the release date of this patch, and couldn't find any mention of this.

Edited by Echo38

What is you comment on this? See all 3 pictures

Sr DnA could I would like to respond briefly to these images I've taken from the RC version 1.24. May check that the caps and hats can be seen as overlapping textures balaclava.

Could you tell me if this is normal or an anomaly?

Thank you

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah11/_Metralla_/arma32014-07-0921-21-20-90_zps3ec1da1c.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah11/_Metralla_/arma32014-07-0921-19-47-45_zpsc6a1b86b.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah11/_Metralla_/arma32014-07-0921-20-29-15_zps9d2baa68.jpg

Did you submit a ticket?

To customer support? This doesn't seem like the right place for this; is it?

Thanks for reporting. The addon, in which the disabling of the headgear randomization for all campaign missions is included, was not sent to Steam (for some weird reason). Expect the Sgt. Fix to arrive tomorrow.