jerminhu

Is there any MP game mode that doesn't have a money system

And I'll add (again) - join the TacBF Steam group, as they send out notifications for TacBF events: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tacbaf

Good advice and I'm already in but not all people run Steam client 24/7 for various reasons so I usually misses the Steam notifications. I would prefer an old school mailing list actually...

/KC

...but not all people run Steam client 24/7...

Good point. And frankly, the Steam notification system leaves a lot to be desired. Still, it's another way to stay informed.

Being aware of TacBF's high-traffic times (as you posted earlier) is probably the best way.

Hey guys,

Just noticing this now and thanks for mentioning TacBF!

Relevant links to the TacBF steam group and the official server stats (SWEC) are in my signature.

We're still looking into the Steam server browser detect-ability problems but this may be out of our hands following the Gamespy to Steam transition by BIS.

Perhaps we should look into a mailing list? Or carrier pigeons?!

Perhaps we should look into a mailing list? Or carrier pigeons?!

You already know my take on it and I would be a happy pig if you did :)

I know the younger generation use other means to stay in contact but e-mail is still working great ;) A simple e-mail a few days ahead announcing the event with day and time and maybe a link to your forum announcement would do it (for me at least).

/KC

For non-money, yes, you have TACBF, and the ArmA-IL IDF PvP Server. Both aren't active 100% of the time, but if you keep track of the events you can get some good gameplay going.

For TACBF you can follow the above Steam page. For ArmA-IL you can follow the facebook page www.facebook.com/armaisrael (we try to post public events in English too), and soon probably a Steam group as well (either the existing ArmA 3 PvP Community group, or a new group - Will update soon!).

Next game is up this Saturday at 20:00 Israel time (18:00 UK time). No mods required, but STHUD_A3 and JSRS2 are allowed.

Great fun tonight on the TacBF server and nice to play with/against you Fabio. Lets do it again sometime...

/KC

I did a search and also have a question. I downloaded a few mods such as All in Arma for Arma 3 but I really don't see any MP servers online, non coop, just a MP server. I am tired of wasteland and breaking point and would like to see some good MP mods/servers but it doesn't appear there is any.

I don't get it, all these released addons and mods but not servers running them. Doesn't it appear to be a waste of time to create all these assets or conversions but nobody is running any servers? Only server I know of is the french server that is running that jungle terrain.

Am I wrong or am I missing the modded servers.

IMO I think Arma's server browser needs to be reworked if I am missing the servers...

Hi WUD,

TacBF have at least one official server up an running. Could be the browser not picking it up for some reason I don't know? You can always try to enter the IP# and port number manually (click on Remote button) and enter the IP# from SWEC's list (see link below) and you should be able to see it. Don't know how often their IP changes but ATM it is 31.210.129.135 and port 2302.

http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/149252

Also visit TacBF forum on the link below and make sure you have the correct addons DL'ed...

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=341

Currently the biggest chance to find some good action there is weekends ~1900-2400 GMT.

/KC

Hi WUD,

TacBF have at least one official server up an running. Could be the browser not picking it up for some reason I don't know? You can always try to enter the IP# and port number manually (click on Remote button) and enter the IP# from SWEC's list (see link below) and you should be able to see it. Don't know how often their IP changes but ATM it is 31.210.129.135 and port 2302.

http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/149252

Also visit TacBF forum on the link below and make sure you have the correct addons DL'ed...

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=341

Currently the biggest chance to find some good action there is weekends ~1900-2400 GMT.

/KC

Wouldn't it be just easier for the server browser to have a column title called MOD = Yes or No ? Something BI should add...Thanks I will check it out in a few minutes

Just a heads-up for interested. There will be a TacBF event this friday...

TacBF Play Night(3/10/2014)

This weekend we will have a play night taking place on Friday at 19:00 GMT. Time Converter

The server cap will be set at 60 players. The maps being played will be chosen according to player preference and the number of people in the server. Accepted mods will be JSRS/TFR.

/KC

If we can get enough players for DTAS games, and enough of them are interested and capable of installing said mods, we could move to a modded environment and use cool stuff. However, we would first need enough players, as using mods usually reduces the number of players willing and/or capable of joining your games, so it's something you can't do when your player count isn't very high. Even with 30 players, would you really be willing to reduce that number to 10 players just to use a different map or some enhancement mods?

I think monetary system is a way of balancing things out. If someone is good with a tank or attack heli they can easily dominate. Im not saying tanks or choppers are easy to use (I suck with both) but it would be almost unfair for everyone who is good with them to have unregulated access. You get a couple on one team its bad news for the other team even with having to "earn" them through a monetary system.

Without a monetary system and everyone having tanks and choppers whenever they want you almost erase the need for infantry. I wouldnt want to play on a server with 3-4 dudes (good with tanks or choppers) on the other team bombing me all game. This happens a lot any way but at least I actually hurt them when I take them out. Without monetary system they are back in 10 minutes, if that, every time no matter what.

Just my two cents.

Im going to try the TacBF server for sure. CTI servers are good. Try to find good groups in CTI, KotH and even Wasteland for more organized teams. I run solo every night with no mic and even I join some teams every now and then that run things pretty good tho it can be hard to find.

I would like to add to the list... No Ai, No money system and no Gigabytes of downloads of crap. Is anyone capable of doing something like that?

check my King of the Hill Server which limits weapons and stuff only by your rank... which you level up by killing enemys and holding the objective

search for AFC~King of the Hill~

exile has poptabs which is similar to money... so... what are you trying to tell us?

This is a military simulator see?

Not GTA 5 see?

I dont know if this is of interest to you, but me and my team are working on a large scale milsim TvT gamemode for Arma. We didn't like the money system offered by most TvT gamemodes either and find it fairly unrealistic. We wanted to create a gamemode that allows 2 teams to fight on a strategic level with combined arms as realistic as possible (for a TvT computer game mode). Both teams fight over strategic positions on a map and have to call for support from their hq. No money system and no player can "buy" the stuff he wants. The teams have to conquer "supply positions" like airfields, beachheads, helicopter landing sites, ports, aso. to be able to call for gear and vehicles. Each supply position has a slowly growing number of "supply points" which mark the stuff they can get there. Furthermore the stuff you can get is dependent from the type of supply location. A M1A1 can be transported in a C-17 Globemaster, which needs a big airfield to land on - so the M1A1 wont be available near a little helipad. Next thing is: Only the commander of a team and a team of logisticians he determines are able to use the supplymenu. No common soldier can spend supply points on a F-22 if the commander doesn't think a F-22 would fit his strategy or is simply too "expensive". The commander decides what equipment is needed and how his soldiers are going to fight. Noone needs 10 snipers in his team, so the commander picks one player willing to be a sniper and gets him his rifle, a ghillie and whatever he needs. This system should lead to much more realistic squads/teams and fights. If a player dies his items are gone, so be careful to not lose your expensive Javelin. This means you need a very dedicated logistics team that is able to provide your front lines with ammunition, fuel, spare parts, vehicles, gear aso.

Of course a team can try to sabotage the resupply of the other team, get a F-16 that hunts the AN-22 down that brings those much needed APCs to the other team... AI will play little to no role in our mode, its just needed to pilot the transport vehicles to their supply location and back. Nothing "spawns" just in front of you, everything from a simple M4 magazine to a AH-64D Apache helicopter has to be brought to the supply location from outside the map, by self delivery (jets, planes, helicopter, ships), by slingload (weapon crates, light vehicles, boxes), by transport planes (boxes, crates, heavy vehicles), by landing crafts and ships and so on.

We want to increase realism, milsim, coop TvT gameplay and strategy with our mode, without AI, vehicle/tank-spamming, lone wolves, moneysystem and other unrealistic things. Downside to this is our mode is heavily mod dependent. We are close to our first beta and want to start a test game soon. Maybe someone is willing to help us scripting it to finish soon, so pls contact me.

Here are some screenshots of the logistic supply menu:

2ymhx8o.jpg

10mq00i.jpg

^ That sounds really cool but certainly not a casual MP game mode since you will need a good size dedicated team of players to make all the logistics work.

I can see this being popular with experienced clans but not public servers... that would be a mess.