jerminhu

Is there any MP game mode that doesn't have a money system

Currently all popular MP game modes such as KOTH and Wasteland have a money system. However, In my opinion, the money system greatly contradicts the concept of simulation. No soldiers in real life would need to purchase weapons/equipment/vehicles to join battle.

Is there any good tactical MP game mode that doesn't require player to earn money in order to get good stuff?

Patrol Ops, and mainly any other milsim mission

Get away from wastelands and life servers that's not where Milsim lives

• Like 1

Patrol Ops, Invade & Annex, Insurgency...

It seems that Patrol Ops, Invade & Annex, Insurgency are all COOP. Are there any PvP missions?

I only found 3 servers running Tactical Battlefield and no one is playing it them.

Edited by jerminhu

Join the TacBF Steam group to be alerted of events. There is one starting right now.

In the end, good PvP is hard to come by. Everyone claims to want it, but they all seem to end up playing Wasteland or whatever.

good pvp is almost impossible to find unless the admins on the server are on the ball, typically pvp servers will only give you teamplay in small groups of 3 or 4 and nobody is really commanding a given side because the vast majority of players just dont listen in these pvp environments. You will find much more organised play in a closed session server

You will find much more organised play in a closed session server

Good point - look for large communities that offer public sessions. Usually they are once or twice a week. United Operations, CIA, and Zeus (if I'm not mistaken, Terox) do this, and I'm sure there are others as well.

For PvP, check out Tactical Battlefield (TacBF).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169645

What Harzac says, TacBF is one of the best PvP mods I've experienced in ArmA but until more people open their eyes and tries it out populated servers will be scarse and the best way to catch the action is to check TacBF's forum and/or join their Steam group. Hope to see you there next time..

BTW, I totally agree with you regarding monetary systems in military games/simulators.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Still, there are basically no servers that run a non-money-based PvP mission and actually have players playing on them outside of events that are organized in advance.

The closest thing I could find is EUTW. It still has money but at least it's not persistent between matches, there are no ranks/levels/experience, and by the time someone has enough money for something big you will have more than enough money for the AA/AT launcher to take him out. The respawn system is horrible, but not as bad as some other game modes you will find on servers.

DTAS was nice when we could get players regularly playing it, but unfortunately the communities that were fans slowly died off. TacBF seems to occasionally get some players, but not as many as the mod was designed for, but again at least it's not money/rank-based.

Some casual minds really need to be opened somehow. This all started after DayZ and have been continued in A3 also. I believe there are many people who would enjoy more tactical Arma but because the server list is cluttered with Life, Wasteland and other weird missions people just choose those because they're popular.

There really aren't any PvP game modes that have enough population to have the server enough full for 24/7 and show the tactical side of Arma but there are events that you can join. Later there could be but now you just need to accept the fact that there aren't servers that you can always jump in and get the first hand experience whenever you like.

I also recommend Tactical Battlefield because that has given me the best public PvP experience in Arma 3.

Edited by St. Jimmy

In the end, good PvP is hard to come by. Everyone claims to want it, but they all seem to end up playing Wasteland or whatever.

Yep this sums it up above, and I find myself playing Wasteland also or even king of the hill just because there is literally no other PvP to play: they get boring and casual very fast. Meatgrind rinse and repeat.

TacBF is really great and when it launched I thought it would be the savior of Arma 3 PvP but people prefer to play altis life what can you do?

Another great one is EUTW CTI (capture the Island) but unfortunately for those of us in the Americas, they are only populated on European times. When the CTI US server started I thought "Oh finally people will see the light of amazing Arma 3 gameplay!!"... nope altis life / wasteland for all :) ,

you can lead a horse to water....

(EUTW has money but it's not really a big thing you can basically gear up how you like, it's worth it for the milsim aspects and 50+ populated servers, plus sound mods enabled)

T

There are very few, if any, TACSim level PVP missions/servers. Mostly because the communication realism the TACSim crowd wants won't work in a PVP Environment. PVP is too fast paced for the level of Comms available in Arma 3 right now. The harder you try to enforce realistic comms and command and control, the worse your team will get raped. You can do that level of "realism" in Coop, because the AI isnt gonna see you, flank you and kill you.

Maybe the "tacsim crowd" needs to work on its command and control if that gets them raped in PvP :)

In any case, it's funny when someone asks for a mission without money and one of the best options to suggest is one that still has some money aspect to it.

In the end I really wish more people would be playing DTAS. I wonder what ever happened to ArmA3.RU who used to play this every day for a while. Last Friday we had a really nice game going, but to get this to happen more often we need more players who would keep track of our organized matches and show up.

For those of you who are having a hard time finding a good PvP/US server; I just wanted to jump on here and say that our BECTI Warfare Seattle, WA server has been slowling climbing to the top. I've been on a campaign to get this game mode to be more popular umong US players (although we have plenty of global players as well) and things look like they're paying off. We're ranked 146 on Gametracker and surrounded by Altis Life and Wasteland servers in the rankings. Every afternoon/evening we're averaging 25-35 players and on weekends we're in the 35-45 players (full server). First we optimized the mission to ensure server FPS stay high, I hated shitty FPS in CTI when playing Arma 2. Once optimized I published 10 training videos on how to play this game mode (i'll start posting more soon) to teach new guys, I carefully watch the forums for questions, encourage experienced players help out new players ingame, and do constant mission dev to tweak the mission based on player requests and encourage a positive gameplay flow. I finally got some help with mission dev and have 2 very talented guys getting in on the weeds on this mission (And could still use more help). I also identified 14 mature players who are regulars on the server and employed them as admins (and the admin # will continue to increase). This has resulted in an extremely positive gaming experience for all that play. Now all I need to find is a couple guys to volunteer as "Public Relations Officers" to go all over the web and get the word out on the server.

I've played almost every game mode in Arma and BECTI is by far the only one that uses EVERYTHING Arma has, it's the only game mode that makes you feel like you're in a warzone and keeps it challenging since you're up against players and AI. As for the "I want to find a server without money" I know what you mean. You want a server where assets are already there, however the Battlefield style of doing that just doesn't work as well as the monetary system. When you use the monetary system there's a direct reward for working together as a team. On BECTI the fastest way to get cash is to capture towns from the AI and/or other team. Every single round you will see players talking/typing to each other on which towns they're going to capture next because many have figured out that if you stick with your team you'll capture towns faster which will help you get that tank/heli/jet quicker. This happens on a public server every day with complete strangers primarily because of the monetary system.

Regarding the TACT/SIM aspect, we're pretty close to that. We use veteran settings: no crosshairs, no enemy positions on map, 1st person infantry/3rd for vehicles (until I see BIS fix vehicle interiors I can't justify turning this off), and we will be using RotorLIB once it's out and working well. We have a bit of a chain of command with the commander doing most of the work. You have to be very tactical to win but we're casual/tactical players...not really caring to pretend like we're in the military (No sirs, or "ordering" players to do something you're free to do what you want; we actually have a large amount of military folks who play on the server frequently and we all hate acting like we're at work).

I hope those of you who read this consider the server and take the time to learn it, it's one of the hardest missions to learn but once you get the flow you'll never play anything else.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Hi,

we are a Spanish PvP team. If you like play CTF join our server (filter by 88th).

If you wanna play some organized/tactical match join our tournament is free and open to all teams in the Armed Assault 3 (Arma 3) Community, both new and old. This ladder is designed to allow smaller teams to play fast action type maps. Teams will fight 6 vs 6 and each team may register a maximum of 8 players.

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182130-88th-Infantry-Tournament-2014

Hope se you soon. Best

Invade and Annex,Patrol Ops,Insurgency,Zeus,Wasteland (only on some servers). There's a lot of servers with no money balance.

feel free to come to our teamspeak and play with us though! 2NT

ts.2ntgaming.com

arma 3 and non-organized, non-ai, non-money pvp... dreaming is not a crime. and maybe battleield 5 will have an SDK..

Get your a** in and join TacBF now Chavez. A few hours left of tonights rumble ATM 27 players :D

/KC

Get your a** in and join TacBF now Chavez. A few hours left of tonights rumble ATM 27 players :D

/KC

That server is always empty.

Not always and thats why I posted about Saturdays event here (see above). We had some great battles and 30+ players peak time.

Currently, highest chance to find action on the server is weekends around 1900-2400 GMT. As said before, to bad so few people currently test/play TacBF since it is one of the best PvP mods around!

/KC