Sign in to follow this  
levrex

Chained attachTo results in broken weapons

I found this problem when playing around with ZKs train script.

Let's say we have an object A and we attached object B to it.

Then we attach some gun or vehicle with a gun to B. After further testing, i realized that the problem only comes up on the fourth level, i. e. if you attach C to B and then the gun or vehicle with a gun to C. It seems less important now, but still. Now if you enter it, the gun will have amplified (about 3x — 5x faster?) rate of fire and rotation speed values, the latter especially noticeable with sensitive mouse.

If you attach the gun to A, the gun operates normally.

Here's the video illustrating the problem:

https://yadi.sk/i/MXoqUgKoWsBZb

(I recommend downloading the video for better quality.)

Although the video demonstrates the problem with ACE mod enabled, it is also present in vanilla CO, and, as i recall, the same goes for simple A2.

The problem is that you cannot just attach the gun to object A in case with a train, since there are many curves on Chernarus railways and it would look very weird if you attached all the wagons and guns to the locomotive directly and let them all turn together with the locomotive, linked into one straight line. And it would be much more harder (if not outright impossible) to try to correctly calculate rotations and relative positions of each wagon based on the train.

Edited by Levrex