Sign in to follow this  
coltpython

respawn

Hi Welcome to Bis forums,

Can you be more specific as to what your playing, what mission, or one you created, is it sp or mp, what have you done to try to respawn?

Edited by Günter Severloh

There is no respawn in single player.

I have an MP editor mission that uses the Warfare module. It worked in v1.62 and prior, but the respawn failed in v1.63. Debugging found the death camera script in the module stops before respawn occurs due to an undefined variable in the script. Among the oh-so-many new reports that appeared in my Arma2OA.rpt file, I was able to track down the cause. A previously unreported error. I am assuming (only an assumption here, don't know for fact and could be wrong) that it was unreported and missed under the prior, less robust, reporting system, referring to this which I just found last night:

From the changelog for 1.63:

[84265] Improved: Abnormal program termination by an error message is now more robust, less likely to cause a bogus crash report or to miss the message box.

The variable was undefined in v1.62 and earlier, but the script continued to run and respawn occured. I used to notice a lag with prior versions in the respawn town/camp selection map appearing, and I'm thinking the lag may have been the error being encountered and bypassed but not reported. However in v1.63 the script stops in its tracks. Respawn occurs, but the camera never terminates. The player ends up stuck looking down on their old death scene while their body respawns at base. If they respawn again, the script runs again and stops again. Their view shifts to their dying body at base, and they're still stuck in the camera mode looking down. The mission for a player can't continue without disconnecting and reconnecting. The mission for the host is finished.

Editor missions that use Warfare can be fixed using a custom Init Client. My mission already used one, so I used it to get the variable defined and respawn returned. But that helps for editor missions. It won't help players with the distributed missions that come with the game and rely on Warfare (War Welcome, Superpowers, Mountain Warfare etc.).

Gunter's right, more info on your problem is needed. Your own editor mission, an editor mission made by someone else, a mission distributed with the game maybe? Each have their own unique issues. People don't know where to focus their suggestions and can only stab in the dark, which is what I just did.

EDIT: (Yeah, yeah, I know - it's a hack-and-slash, not a stab)

EDIT1: I posted a how-to for the custom Init Client here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180972-How-to-Fix-Respawn-Failure-in-Warfare2-Editor-Missions

Edited by OpusFmSPol
Added how-to link