DOWNLOAD

Last Update: 081500Baug14

COOP 05 Negotiations Failed v0.9

Rescue a hostage held by Libyan terrorists

iaPEwwE.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Last Update: 091600Baug14

COOP 05 Dragon Rising v0.9

PLA Special Forces inject a Virus into the command and control system of the ROK Armed Forces prior of a full scale invasion.

bkl0hUy.jpg

coming soon

COOP 04 Cold Response v0.9

Argentine Army Special Forces against Falkland Islands Defence Force (FIDF)

coming soon

Please give me some feedback and report bugs !

More missions coming soon !

Edited by Wiggum

Sounds great! I love the use of other nationalities, and the no respawn no VAS. Looking forward to trying this especially since we loved your missions for Arma 2! I'll let you know how it went. Might take a while since it's for a low player count and we usually a lot more than 4.

I fixed the biggest problems and uploaded the mission again, please try it and give me feedback ! :)

The only things i could not really test (no second player) are the revive system and the JIP compatibility, if you encounter bugs then let me know.

I fixed the biggest problems and uploaded the mission again, please try it and give me feedback ! :)

The only things i could not really test (no second player) are the revive system and the JIP compatibility, if you encounter bugs then let me know.

Thanks, reuploading!

Updated the mission again.

I hope i finally fixed the helicopter insertion and the revive markers. :p

Updated the mission.

For all I care it now can be uploaded to armaholic, hopefully i will get some feedback this way.

Thanks Wiggum! What revive script are you using? I'll recommend Psycho's AIS, it's great.

No, i dont use that one. I use a customized version of Farooq's Revive.

As i said i would especially need feedback on that, because i only did a short test with 2 other players once (we just shot and revived each other :p).

Im working on the next mission, it will be a British SBS team hostage rescue mission (Ghost Hotel as location).

I think of a 8 player mission with 2 separate 4 player SBS's teams that need to work together.

Setting of the mission will take place at the coast of Libya where local rebels have taken control and try to make money with some Piracy in the Mediterranean Sea...

Edited by Wiggum

the mission says "doesn't work in SP", but I tried nevertheless, and it did work. Getting out of the chopper needed some fast teamswitching because the other three guys wouldn't get out by command, and the inability to save let me feel a bit uneasy, so I looked carefully for the fuel truck, found it, went in quickly, killed two guys close to it, blew it up and vanished quickly again (without the help of my AI teammates, which I left behind at the LZ in order not to need to babysit them). The extraction triggered by itself, I just had to order my AI teammates to enter it and do so myself, no issues here. Flawless and easy victory ;) I did spot a couple of enemies in the red circle, so the area was populated (don't know if really 50 as you wrote), but I didn't wait for any reinforcements to arrive or managed to get shot, so I can't say how that works in SP though.

@spaceBeluga

Yes you can, the mission spawns less enemies of you play with only two players.

AI is deactivated, but like I said, should play fine with two player !

Thanks for the feedback Brainbug !

I use a BIS function that counts human players for the insertion/extraction (that's why AI does not get out) and the mission failed/victory triggers. I also use this function to spawn less enemies if there are only two players or less... ;)

Reinforcements get spawned two ways, if you get detected and if you blow up the truck, but like in real live they need some time to arrive.

The number of 50 is just a rough estimation of your HQ about the enemy number in the area (not only in the red circle).

I hope you had some fun playing it, although it is really designed for MP. :)

Edited by Wiggum

Nice mission, tough but very enjoyable, we had some really intense fighting. The fog really forces you to get up close. :)

We dipped in and retreated a couple of times, made for some interesting dynamic. Enemy behavior was also good.

We beat it on the second attempt, destroyed the truck using an RPG we grabbed from an enemy.

No issues at all, but I do have one suggestion: Make the nametags and player map markers optional (as lobby parameters). We dislike both in our group. No big deal, but it's always good to have options for such things. :)

I'll keep an eye out for future missions of yours. Thanks for this one.

Nice mission, tough but very enjoyable, we had some really intense fighting. The fog really forces you to get up close. :)

We dipped in and retreated a couple of times, made for some interesting dynamic. Enemy behavior was also good.

We beat it on the second attempt, destroyed the truck using an RPG we grabbed from an enemy.

No issues at all, but I do have one suggestion: Make the nametags and player map markers optional (as lobby parameters). We dislike both in our group. No big deal, but it's always good to have options for such things. :)

I'll keep an eye out for future missions of yours. Thanks for this one.

Thanks for your feedback !

I will try to make the name tags and player-markers optional.

Could you please answer some questions ?

Did you play on a dedicated server ?

Did you notice the reduced enemy accuracy ?

Did the revive system work, did you see the 3D marker for wounded teammates ?

What happened in your first attempt, did all of you die ?

Thanks.

Edited by Wiggum

Sure...

- Yes we played on a dedicated.

- Haven't noticed anything about the enemy accuracy (good sign), it was just right, I think, not too bad not too good. Long firefights but we got hit here and there, it felt realistic.

- The revive system worked well, no complains, and we saw the 3D markers.

- In the first attempt we were trapped in a bad spot, completely surrounded, with bad visibility. After a while 3 of 4 were dead, and the last man standing had no first aid kits left. Then he died too and the mission ended.

:)

Thank you, that helps me a lot !

UPDATE:

COOP 04 Out Of Fuel updated

COOP 05 Negotiations Failed v0.9 released

Next Mission:

COOP 04 Dragon Rising

PLA Special Forces inject a Virus into the command and control system of the ROK Armed Forces prior of a full scale invasion.

Edited by Wiggum

Hey Wiggum, we gave "Out of Fuel" a shot last night. The Turkish are just great for the Greek environment, and I'm quite surprised this was the first mission that take advantage of the real world Geopolitics. Good job! The customized uniforms are spot on as well. We were lucky, the fuel truck was at the edge of the search area and we found it in the first location we searched. However, it was fun and we have a few comments:

1. Please don't disable the AI. It prevents JIP which is necessary when some players have weak connection. Leave the decision to cancel the AI to the server admin, who can always disable them in the slots screen.

2. Would be good if you give control via parameters to disable the (rather cool!) name tags. A lot of groups, such as ourselves are using mods to add name tags and it conflicts.

3. Same goes for the AI enhancements, we are using ASR AI and TPWCAS on the CiA dedicated coop server.

Looking forward to play "Negotioations Failed" and "Dragon Rising"!

Thanks for the feedback, i just updated "Out Of Fuel" to version 1.0. :)

1. Mhh, i thought JIP was still possible with with disableAI, iam almost sure i had friends JIP in other missions that used disableAI.

Did someone try to JIP and it did not work, was there a error or something ?

What happens if a mission does not use disableAI but the admin disables the ai in the slot screen ?

For example 4 player coop mission with only 3 players, admin disables the ai for slot 4, can a player that looses connection now reconnect into the slot 4, does AI take control over the empty slot until the player reconnects ?

2. In v1.0 (and all future scenarios) its now possible to disable Nametags, player markers and Revive system markers.

3. I think this would be possible but generally (from the players view) i would not try scenarios with AI-addons enabled as long as this is not clearly intended by the scenario designer.

AI-addons tend to break missions, there are many threads where people tell the scenario designer the mission did not work and later it turns out that they used AI-addons.

The problem is that there are many different AI-addons. Its to much work to make sure your mission and your scripts work with all of them.

I would advice anyone, play these scenarios without addons and especially without AI-addons.

With the AI scripts i use im able to have better AI behaviour without loosing too much control over the AI.

Edited by Wiggum

Thanks for the feedback, i just updated "Out Of Fuel" to version 1.0. :)

Updating! We will play it again.

Did someone try to JIP and it did not work, was there a error or something ?

To be honest we didn't try. The only missions I saw JIP was possible with disabled AI are Moerderhochy's. Ususally you just turn into a bird when trying to JIP and spawn to a mission without an available AI.

What happens if a mission does not use disableAI but the admin disables the ai in the slot screen ?

In this case the mission will start without AI.

For example 4 player coop mission with only 3 players, admin disables the ai for slot 4, can a player that looses connection now reconnect into the slot 4, does AI take control over the empty slot until the player reconnects ?

If all AI were disabled then no, the player will not be able to spawn to anything but a bird. Note that AI can be disabled for each slot, even if a player slotted into it. Just don't use the disableAI parameter, the admin can always disable the AI if he wishes to.

2. In v1.0 (and all future scenarios) its now possible to disable Nametags, player markers and Revive system markers.

Great!

3. I think this would be possible but generally (from the players view) i would not try scenarios with AI-addons enabled as long as this is not clearly intended by the scenario designer.

AI-addons tend to break missions, there are many threads where people tell the scenario designer the mission did not work and later it turns out that they used AI-addons.

The problem is that there are many different AI-addons. Its to much work to make sure your mission and your scripts work with all of them.

I would advice anyone, play these scenarios without addons and especially without AI-addons.

With the AI scripts i use im able to have better AI behaviour without loosing too much control over the AI.

We are using ASR AI and TPWCAS and I can say that after 3 years of playing with it, it rarely (if at all) break missions. There are many many server that are using this combination. These mods add so much to the game that even if they did break some missions, we will never play without them. And since it's not easy to turn them on and off (that would require shutting the server down, editing its startup parameters or having a dedicate startup service just for that purpose, and starting it again), I assure you no dedicate server admin will go through all that for one mission, as good as it may be. Therefore I think that adding a parameter to turn the AI enhancements off will be worth your time as most of the dedicated servers out there do use AI enhancements mods, and these are not going anywhere.

Uploading your new mission now! :) Thanks!

Would you consider making missions for a larger play count, say 10+? That would be greatly appreciated and we would be able to provide feedback much faster since having only 4 or 5 players on the server rarely happens...

Ok, i will add the ability to turn off the ai scripts via lobby parameter. But especially for stealth missions like Negotiations Failed, i dont know how this will turn out...

UPDATE:

I just updated Negotiations Failed, there was a bug (locality issue) that caused the mission to not end if you rescued the hostage and had it in the helicopter.

Edited by Wiggum

I'd like to add one thing to what Variable said, am I right in assuming that you disable fatigue? Would it be possible to make that optional? I really prefer to play with Fatigue enabled, and making it a parameter should be trivial.

I must say I very much like the polish you have on your missions. Working briefing, intro, tasks, unfortunately these things aren't exactly a given these days.

Ha, and i already thought nobody would notice that... :)

Yeah, will make it optional too via a lobby parameter !

But on the other side i dont cared about weight while creating the loadouts, so you could expect the run out of breath quickly with the currently very restrictive fatigue system...

Edited by Wiggum

Here's my angle on

Negotiations Failed

Now that was a professional mission. And as Alwarren said, really polished. It was the first time I entered the abandoned hotel and I have to say this is a lovely spot! When the mission is so cool, it's good to fail it once just to admire the all the delicate mechanisms and designs (we actually got spotted and the hostage was executed, but we proceeded and extracted safely). Looking forward to playing it again!

(Cross posting from the CiA debriefing thread)