Sign in to follow this  
themessenjah

Drone Auto Hover Question

Hello all, I was recently trying to lase a target with a drone (AR-2 Darter) on auto hover and I see its nearly impossible to get a smooth lase when I took control of the Turret. When looking through the I notice also that with Helis the auto hover is not smooth. When you take control of the UAV it goes from stuttering flight to smooth. Is there a code to make the hover smooth?:yay: If there isnt I think in the updates it would be a great idea to work that bug out, what do you guys think?

You got to take control of the turret controls and you can easily aim with it. However the drone will not come to a complete halt. I'm guessing a counter measure to being hit by enemy fire.

Drones are really iffy at the moment, especially the fixed wings which are really useless as you can't fly and control the turret at the same time, and the AI flight path is erratic at best. The Darter auto-hover works well enough, sometimes it's better to just tell it to loiter then take turret controls from there.

I usually disable the AI when I want to lase something with the Darter which isn't an option when using the Greyhawk obviously. But it would be nice to have a smoother flight when having the AI fly it.

Give the AI drone a 'hold' waypoint. I have it set up well in my Close Air Support (ECAS) mission. There's some custom code in there that makes the drone go to a waypoint, then disables aspects of the AI so it's stable. I also set it up so you can toggle the drone term with a quick double spacebar. If you're looking for some example scripts for calibration of the drone against a computer terminal, that's in there as well. Enjoy.