Sign in to follow this  
fishboard

Forward observer

Hi all,

Apologies if this isn't the best place to ask, but I don't have much experience with the ARMA series.

I'm an Artillery Observer in the Australian Army, and I'm looking for a means of teaching our Call For Fire procedures when our usual simulators are unavailable (ie, when at sea). Someone's advised me the ARMA series is a good place to look, and I've found videos of milsim guys calling in missions (some of them using frighteningly accurate RATEL), but not really where I should be going to find the appropriate mod (or even game - 2 or 3?). Ideally I'm looking for something that can be run offline by a single person, features binos or a Vector/LRF, and can easily accept add/drop/left/right corrections to adjust rounds.

Once again, sorry if it's in the wrong place, and cheers

- Fishy

This is really the wrong place. Download ACE Mod and ACRE Mod and search for an Australian or Europe ArmA 2 OA ACE Clan/Community and ask them if they provide you with help. You can probaly teach them how to use the Atry ingame and maybe they will help you with a whole motar Team if you ask them nicely.

Chris

If you want to hook me up in Teamspeak and i can help you further with the search for a Community. Teamspeak³: tf47.de