Zenophon

[COOP-6] Evade and Survive

Co-6 Evade and Escape

Overview

A medium-length co-op mission focusing on small-scale infantry tactics, with heavy randomization for maximum replayability. Dynamic and reactive AI patrols will relentlessly hunt down and surround players. Numerous mission parameters are provided for extensive customization of difficulty, weather, and other options. The mission can be played in SP or MP, local or dedicated and with or without AI teammates. It also features an unorthodox respawn system, which promotes teamwork like a revive system, and still punishes players significantly for dying.

Mission Features

Total randomization

•     Completely randomized starting and objective locations, you could be fighting anywhere on Altis
  •     Completely randomized enemy patrols; their equipment, patrol routes, and starting positions are entirely random
  •     Endless enemy patrols that will relentless hunt you down to the realistic extent of their knowledge
  •     Nearly endless replayability and fun for fans of asymmetric co-op infantry combat
  •     Random and dynamic weather and fog during the mission
  •     Random starting date and time, with day/night options

Accessibility and customization

•     No mods or addons required, all features are done purely through scripting
  •     Full JIP compatibility, for both enabled/disabled friendly AI, for players joining at any time
  •     Play the mission in either MP (local or dedicated) or SP with no differences or issues
  •     Numerous mission customization options in MP, including AI skill/strength, time/weather, and mission duration
  •     Special settings for SP, fine tuning the difficulty and length for one human

AI improvements

•     AI can detect player gunfire at long range, even at night, and react realistically, without being psychic
  •     Realistically use diversions that the AI reacts to, then exploit the holes in AI patrol patterns
  •     Fix for ridiculous AI accuracy on dedicated servers, their skill will be the same as in SP or local MP

Teamwork and realism

•     No saving in SP or MP, to promote teamwork and realism, and punish players for their mistakes
  •     Teamwork-oriented and simple respawn system
  1.         You respawn where you died
  2.         However, if your teammates are not close by, you cannot respawn
  3.         Dying increases your respawn time
  •     Tested and optimized
  •     Carefully optimized for minimal performance impact, a loss of 6 fps with 80 AI and all scripts running
  •     Removal of distant AI and dead bodies to improve performance and keep the action centered around the players
  •     Server-oriented scripting so that clients have a perfectly smooth experience
  •     All functionality and features, including JIP, fully tested on a dedicated server with multiple players with and without AI

Gear and loadout improvements

•     Optional increased weapon lethality, 1-2 shot kills are now the norm
  •     Easy repacking of magazines with an action, which takes a realistic amount of time
  •     Easily share magazines with teammates for their primary weapons, perfect for assistant MG soldiers
  •     Realistic and stylized loadouts for players, with heavy aesthetic randomization
  •     Simple and quick loadout selection system for resupplying, no time wasted fiddling with a virtual ammobox

Most of this is done using my Co-op Mission Framework (see my signature) (shameless advertisement, I know).

Download

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-QFvxyAVKTUYkFjZ0p2Vm16ZWs

Installation

Copy the .pbo files to the Mission or MPMission folder in your ArmA 3 install directory. This is by default at (Windows 7) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3.

Changelog

Spoiler

1/31/17

1.     Added: Tanoa version
  2.     Added: Mission parameter for enemy faction
  3.     Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

10/1/16

1.     Fixed: Players receive their previous loadout on respawn
  2.     Fixed: Respawn time after consecutive deaths now adds properly
  3.     Fixed: Start marker did not always appear on the map
  4.     Added: New DLC loadouts
  5.     Added: Mission parameter for increased damage EH
  6.     Added: Mission parameter for fatigue
  7.     Added: Chernarus version
  8.     Added: Everon version
  9.     Added: Isla Duala version
  10.     Added: Lingor version
  11.     Added: Malden version
  12.     Added: Nogova version
  13.     Added: Sahrani version
  14.     Added: Stratis version
  15.     Added: Takistan version
  16.     Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework
  17.     Tweaked: Slightly increased the time between consecutive insurgent spawns

3/12/16

1.     Improved: Extraction task title and description
  2.     Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

9/14/15

1.     Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

7/13/15

6/8/15

4/25/15

1.     Fixed: MG loadout now gets the correct ammo
  2.     Improved: Extraction helicopter can no longer be shot down

3/30/15

1.     Fixed: Mission assumed that the first playable slot was taken
  2.     Fixed: On SP scenario menu, mission completed green check box did not appear

3/11/15

Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

2/27/15

1/28/15

1.     Fixed: Possible issue with code execution from an eventhandler
  2.     Added: Starting position and resupply point map markers
  3.     Improved: Logic to not place the starting position on any small island
  4.     Improved: Next random supply point is now calculated from average player position
  5.     Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

12/31/14

12/10/14

11/17/14

7/15/14

•     Initial Release

Known Issues

None.

Feedback

Any feedback about the mission is welcome, particularly about the difficulty and pacing. Obviously, if you find any bugs or issues, I would like to know. Either this thread, PM, or email is fine.

Contact the author: ZenophonArmAFramework@gmail.com

Legal

This mission is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/

• Like 3

Scenario sounds great !

I have a question:

Fix for ridiculous AI accuracy on dedicated servers, their skill will be the same as in SP or local MP

I always though the ridiculous AI accuracy was the same in SP and MP, is there any ArmA bug or why should the AI be full aimbot on dedicated servers only ?

Scenario sounds great !

I have a question:

I always though the ridiculous AI accuracy was the same in SP and MP, is there any ArmA bug or why should the AI be full aimbot on dedicated servers only ?

Currently, to my knowledge, a dedicated server does not properly use its profile settings for AI skill and precision. They simply default to 1.0. When using the command 'setSkill', the raw value there is modified based upon the profile settings. If the profile precision value is 1.0, the aimingAccuracy value is tripled.

This mission uses a special AI skill setting when it detects a dedicated server, to make the 'skillFinal' value the same as the 'setSkill' value. This happens when overall skill in the profile is set to 1.0 and precision at 0.5.

If a player has a precision other than 0.5, then the aimingAccuracy will be different in SP or local MP. The AI has been balanced for this 1.0, 0.5 profile setting, as this is when no scaling is done. The mission plays on a dedicated server as I intend it to (feel free to give feedback); the only change the server can make is setting a different skill through the mission parameter options. In SP or local MP, the player/host has the option to scale the AI skill settings.

See here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/skillFinal

You can test this in the editor yourself by changing the difficulty options and printing the final skill (requires that you restart the mission).

Hi mate, we tried 3 times to play this missions, and every time we kill 1 entire patrol it causes the server to crash. We are not running any mods except @ffis.

Hi mate, we tried 3 times to play this missions, and every time we kill 1 entire patrol it causes the server to crash. We are not running any mods except @ffis.

I have just tested this (kill one patrol) on a dedicated server (I am running the game and server on the same machine, but that should only affect latency) and it did not crash. Looking at the server's log, I don't see anything other than the usual BI log spam about magazines, ragdoll, etc.

I have never heard of a mission being able to crash the server with a bug, but I suppose anything's possible. You might want to check the hardware on your end, in terms of recommended specs, CPU usage and temperature, etc. Try '#monitor 5' as admin to see the server's fps and up/down load.

Also, have you tried playing without any mods at all? I can't know what will or will not work with mods, as obviously I cannot try them all. Looking at my code, it is quite possible that an AI mod could conflict and cause issues.

Finally, can you post/send me part of the server's log file, at the end when the crash occurs. There could be some bug causing massive CPU usage or something, or it might just be a memory allocation fault.

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, by user request I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. There are no direct changes to the mission. All of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework. In addition, the mission uses the my internal version of the framework, which includes a few simple fixes that are not in the latest public release.

Changelog

11/17/14

1. Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

We've moved your mission to Wake Island+Mods and everything works like a charm, well done!

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, by user request I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. There are no direct changes to the mission. All of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework.

Changelog

12/10/14

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics and happy New Year, I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. There are no direct changes to the mission. All of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework. Most significantly, a major bug with multiplayer synch'ing is fixed.

Changelog

12/31/14

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, I have updated this mission to use my latest framework; there are a few small tweaks to the mission code itself. There are also improvements resulting from changes in my framework.

Changelog

1/28/15

1. Fixed: Possible issue with code execution from an eventhandler
  2. Added: Starting position and resupply point map markers
  3. Improved: Logic to not place the starting position on any small island
  4. Improved: Next random supply point is now calculated from average player position
  5. Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, by user request, I've updated this mission to use my latest framework. All of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework.

Changelog

2/27/15

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. All of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework.

Changelog

3/11/15

Hey mate,

Nice mission been looking for something along these lines. I would like to change the way respawn works, however, and add in my own revive script. What do I need to change to disable this?

Hey mate,

Nice mission been looking for something along these lines. I would like to change the way respawn works, however, and add in my own revive script. What do I need to change to disable this?

Since I don't know how your revive script works, I can only say how to remove respawn entirely from the existing mission.

In the description.ext, replace line 14 with:

respawn = 4;

Or whichever type of respawn works with your revive system. In the init.sqf, comment out lines 348 to 350:

// {
   // _x addMPEventHandler ["MPRespawn", f_HandleRespawn];
// } forEach (units group X);

That will disable the EH that handles the respawn logic.

Good luck; if you have any trouble, feel free to ask me.

Great thanks for the tip!

Is it just the 2 missions you have made (this & Black Ops)? I am loving these missions, so just curious if you've got more.

Edited by Phant

Great thanks for the tip!

Is it just the 2 missions you have made (this & Black Ops)? I am loving these missions, so just curious if you've got more.

I've only released those 2. I did plan to release missions much more often, but between working on my framework and real life, I never managed to get more mission to a releasable state. I've got mostly work-in-progress missions and lots of ideas. However, I'm fairly close to releasing one project that seems good enough.

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, by user request I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. Most of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework.

Changelog

3/30/15

1. Fixed: Mission assumed that the first playable slot was taken
  2. Fixed: On SP scenario menu, mission completed green check box did not appear
  3. Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, by user request I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. Most of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework.

Changelog

4/25/15

1. Fixed: MG loadout now gets the correct ammo
  2. Improved: Extraction helicopter can no longer be shot down
  3. Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, by user request I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. All of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework.

Changelog

6/8/15

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, I have updated this mission to use my latest framework. All of the improvements are the result of changes in my framework

Changelog

7/13/15

Fist off, great mission. It's a lot of fun.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something about the supply crate objectives. Is there any way to complete the resupply objectives, or are they going to stick around as resupply points for the duration of the mission?

I blew it up, I guess, but the marker stuck around. :(