thebuckfastwine

Arma 3 , project the cave

ARMA 3 , PROJECT THE CAVE . By Stu(THEBUCKFASTWINE) and Dirty Haz

So we have decided to make use of the infamous can't get in bunkers throughout altis by making a bunker cave system . Our plans are pretty big but in the early stages so I've included two youtube videos showing different parts of the cave for all to see what we are doing and to give you a look and feel for the cave system we are making . I'm hoping to have a new video out each week showing our progress and our project site will be out soon. Cheers Stu

Cave builder/concept. Stu

Technical stuff. Dirty Haz

Future plans. Without giving too much away we will update as the project comes along

Project site. Coming soon

Hosted testing. Dadds army

Testers and feedback . Mikev ,EDcase, Munka , brian and toni , thanks guys/gals

Video 1 takes you from the start down the right side of the tunnel

Video 2 Takes you from the start to the left side of the tunnel which is where it starts to get deep inside the cave

Edited by THEBUCKFASTWINE
  • Like 1

Eheh, looks awesome ! The sounds really add a lot immersion there...

very good for claustrophobic people!

Its a bit too loud, like theres 200 freight trains steamrolling through those tunnels loud

Great! Time for me to think up how to make The Descent machinima using this.

@Aspire , yes it sure was loud but that was just me having the sounds pumped up full , the sounds will be much lower in game and will be easy on your ears .

Looking good, but please tell me you guys have figured out a way to make a true underground/terrain system..!?

If yes- then I'll have your babies...

^ not possible unless BI Simulations gives over the code that they have in place for VBS3 to BI Studios (ArmA 3). Which I 99% doubt. Get ready for tunnels in ArmA 4 (if they continue).

@meshcarver , oh if only ,but I'm afraid I'm having to work with the current system

@Mattaustt , I totally agree, I've always wondered why Bi cave us those bunkers leading underground hoping that they would open them up for us . Although I did find this post from A BI developer http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175302-Would-a-Martian-cave-system-be-possible , which just adds to the confusion

@Mattaustt , I totally agree, I've always wondered why Bi cave us those bunkers leading underground hoping that they would open them up for us . Although I did find this post from A BI developer http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175302-Would-a-Martian-cave-system-be-possible , which just adds to the confusion

ToM does not use the same engine than Arma.

I'm sure Bis is capable of bringing real caves and river into RV engine (like BiA), maybe it's not their priority or they do not have the man power to do it.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

@Papanowel , My point was not about the tom engine that was just an example link. I'm aware they are different , My point was that there is some interest within the Bi developers in general terms regarding caves . Like you said I'm sure Bis is capable which I agree with you about , maybe in the future we will see something regarding the hill side bunkers , thanks for your support .

Cheers, stu

Edited by THEBUCKFASTWINE

Good job Buckaroo. ;)

Going to be a whole new depth to the game ;)

Edited by EDcase

Congratulations, great idea, wow a Arma-metro 2033 :rolleyes:

This is awesome, need a good zed mod to play with

I'm working on something... ;)

Congratulations, great idea, wow a Arma-metro 2033 :rolleyes:

That's a genius idea! <3

That's a genius idea! <3

Did you really say that the idea could be successful as Dayz. perhaps

Edited by igu4na

@pepe Hal will your mod be friendly to Single player campaigns ? and coop campaigns? i like creating missions

Did you really say that the idea could be successful as Dayz. perhaps

Put some Raptors from JurassicArmA inside this cave, some loot, jackass players to kill you on spawn and BAHM! We have a winner! lol

@pepe Hal will your mod be friendly to Single player campaigns ? and coop campaigns? i like creating missions

It is made for SP and will be compatible with any map out there.

It's not out yet! ^^

Let's not pollute this thread, PM if you want more infos. ;)

Thanks for your interest but please stay on subject , there are other parts of the forums or pm each other about your stuff .

Corporal_Lib[bR] (Put some Raptors from JurassicArmA inside this cave, some loot, jackass players to kill you on spawn and BAHM! We have a winner! lol) , Thankfully none of that stuff has crossed my mind, but your reply did give me a good laugh before work. Cheers Stu

Sorry mate, but your map is lovely for some Survival Horror campaign

Hello all, As promised a video update, this video starts from the ending of video 1 and shows some of the storage and living areas within the cave bunker, I didn't want to show too much but there are secret rooms and other tunnels leading from and leading to other areas within the cave system. Cheers, Stu

Video 3

No.. just no! That's terrifying just on video, I'd shit myself if I'd have to go there in-game.

Good job!