Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

what changes did 1.63 make that affect our addons?

ok I'm wondering what changes 1.63 made that affect our addons?

Changelog

http://www.arma2.com/downloads/ARMA2OA_Update_163_readme.txt

Multiplier - did it change in 1.63?

I've recently updated all my weapons in the forthcoming unsung and rangemaster mods i'm working on.

This was to balance the effect of multi-barrel weapons

for example, a dual or quad barrel weapon needs a multiplier of 2 or 4, which depletes ammo from the mag and creates more tracer but doesn't generate hits for each multiplier generated bullet

so you need to increase the damage of your hitting bullet to account for the multiplier effect, so a shilka should hit x4 and have multiplier x4.

this damage multiplier can be reduced a little to account for dispersion.

right, well i made a vulcan that hits x6 and has multiplier x6, and a correct rotating speed of 6000rpm and firing rate (reloadtime) correct too at 0.06s.

all good, but in 1.63 i now see all six rounds hitting and appearing to cause damage. I can level a forest with the weapon.

has anyone else noticed multiplier suddenly affects say the stock minigun (multiplier 3, damage x2.5) like this too?

nothing about it in the release notes afaik

Hi eggbeast

I think this is something only Bi can answer. In case they really tinkered with the multipliers that will break missions I'm afraid.

Config and SQF cmd list changelog available in the CMB.

thanks man - I went to the link and logged in and everything was very, very confusing to look at.

I tried searching and it gave me all kinds of pages not on DH and not to do with Arma at all.

I tried looking at new pages and got loads of scrambled text about Arma 3.

If there's something in there relating to Arma 2 OA 1.63 config changes, could you possibly provide a link please?

The search tool there doesn't work very well.

another thing I just noticed today, if you take the rockets off of the Su34 and Su25 now they don't have the pods on any more BUT you can't add any weapons to those places as there isn't a proper proxy located there, which is a shame. I was initially really pleased thinking I could put missiles on there without needing to edit the aircraft models, but nvm I needed to do that anyway as the proxy positions are all boned in every BIS aircraft (they use autocenter on and do not offset the bomb by its radius)

onward and upward... I'm still keen to hear any news about multiplier...

1) Create an acc on DH/use dummy acc (see wiki)

2) Log in

3) Visit: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/cmb/repository/revisions/a1e2458407f33ce7f302b70b66260dae5fab594c

4) Click diff for cfgAmmoMagWepVeh.cpp

or better you download the 1.63 and 1.62 version of cfgAmmoMagWepVeh.cpp and allInOneFULL.cpp at

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/cmb/repository/revisions/master/show/configs/OA/unformatted

then use a diff tool (win merge/compare it), to see the changes

thanks man - looks great

i have an account and am logged in but all i see is hyperlinks that go to pages with more and more hyperlinks, but no download option or data

first link: click file => download starts

second link: click file => hit download button

ok thanks mate

i've had a good look through all the config files

no mention of any changes to the multiplier effect

so i guess my question remains -

between 1.63 patch and 1.62 release (i never used beta) did BIS add a damage value for "multiplied" bullets?

my feeling is that they did, and this significantly affects damage weightings for any multibarreled weapons...

the tunguska has a multiuplier of 4 - try it - does it level buildings much more quickly now than it did?

a good example of why i'm looking at this stuff:

Tunguska has 2A38M twin 30mm cannons firing at approx 2,000rpm each

BIS config:

ammo:

hit = 101;

indirectHit = 35;

indirectHitRange = 0.5;

weapon:

multiplier = 4;

reloadTime = 0.06; --> 1,000rpm

so in BIS config, the weapon fires at 1,000rpm, but ejects 4 shells from the mag for each round fired.

So compare from a 2000 round mag:

BIS

Max Damage = 101 x (2000/4) = 50,000

Time to empty mag = (2000/4) x 0.06 = 30secs

REAL

Max Damage = 2000 rounds doing 101 damage = 200,000

Time to empty mag = 2000rpm per gun x 2 guns = 4,000rpm = 30secs

so the BIS weapon is 4x less deadly that n it should be, unless the ammo has been factored up for the weapon, but it hasn't, compare it with other similar weapons/ammo and you'll see. This is why I've been editing all the ammo for dual and quad guns, to account for the broken multiplier effect. So if they fixed it, it's quite important to know!

Hi Gents,

despite I was absolutely contrray to Steam 1.63 patch I have to say that after a long and painful downloading session I found a smoother and better verision of the game.

I know that I'm offtopic but my question now is:

"How to" make mod folders working ?

What is that path to work for example CWR2 or Unsung with A2/OA Steam version ?

By the way, actually the few addons I made for Project82 are not affected by any serious change change after 1.63 patch was installed.