Sign in to follow this  
killjoyau73

Soviet Nemesis

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
Czechoslovakia
Ustecky Region
March 3rd 1987

With Soviet recon patrols pushing further towards our lines we need to send out aggressive patrols of our own. Nemesis-4-1 is to run the first of constant Combat Security Patrols that have been tasked to 1st Platoon//Nemesis troop.

A3 version: 

Stable.

Addons required:

This is my first ever mission that I've made, i spent a fair bit of time play testing and making sure everything runs as it should. I haven't tested it with any mods (apart from the required mods of course) so it may not behave as intended with AI modifications etc.

Constructive criticism is welcome, let me know how i can improve on the mission etc. Also any feedback about what you like and dislike would be really helpful. Please rate if you like it.

Big thanks to the addon makers, especially the EAST vs WEST mod.

Enjoy.

BI Forums link

//

My mission statement

Mission, addon, and script makers really don't get enough recognition for all their efforts. I've been playing the series since the OFP demo came out, and the custom content which was released almost from day one was amazing, and after making my first proper mission after all these years i finally appreciate the time, effort and utter frustration (especially getting scripts to work) that goes into making a mission let alone an addon or a script.

Although after the constant play testing, making sure everything works as it should and knowing every detail of your mission is enjoyable, at the end of your finished product there's no more real enjoyment or surprises to be had. The more people that play what I've made, the happier i'll be to know that what i can't enjoy anymore has been (hopefully) enjoyed by the many people that have put so much effort into making the community what it is, and has been for the past 15 odd years.

I tried to do as much research as possible before i start, example regarding this mission - looking for information on the 2nd Cavalry Regiment, the Soviet 22nd Guards, the regions and town names of Czechoslovakia, proper radio protocol - which in the end might not be 100% accurate, but i think it makes a more enjoyable and immersive experience.

So please play, rate, criticize and encourage because in the end i want people to enjoy what I've made, and not just get the numbers if you know what i mean.

Thanks.

Download link Steam Workshop

Edited by killjoyau73

\\POST INVALID//

I've included the mod NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3 given that i have no idea if/when the East Vs West pack will be updated, you will still get a weapon cfg error for EvW but it doesn't affect anything. Enjoy

CBA_A3 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

East vs West http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24907

Arma 3 Map Pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

Massi's Weapons Pack Audio Fix by Pepe Hal v1.2 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

\\POST INVALID//

Edited by killjoyau73

I tried to do as much research as possible before i start, example regarding this mission - looking for information on the 2nd Cavalry Regiment, the Soviet 22nd Guards, the regions and town names of Czechoslovakia, proper radio protocol - which in the end might not be 100% accurate, but i think it makes a more enjoyable and immerse experience.

A good mission, simple but enjoyable. Weather choice is ideal - there were a couple of occasions where, if the troops had been moving at patrol pace, I could've closed my eyes and relived some training.

A small tip re: RATEL - grid references are always transmitted twice, e.g. "grid 123 456, I say again, 123, 456". Makes it a bit easier for the poor sig on the other end to copy them down.

Glad you enjoyed it mate, and thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind for future missions. What service were you in?

A script error appeared during the mission:

Error in expression <nt "NEVER";

deleteWaypoint [Nemisis41, all];

Red21 setpos getmarkerpos "wpRed2>

Error position: <all];

Red21 setpos getmarkerpos "wpRed2>

Error Undefined variable in expression: all

Occurs right after the reorg on the first contact.

Mission Updated

Updated for use with EvW 0.7

NATO SF WEAPONS no longer needed.

Just a heads up for the guys at Armaholic :) a Big thank you to Armaholic for hosting and updating my missions.

I played this one a long time ago, but without giving feedback - now there shal be feedback.

Great idea of an OFP-themed mission, since I am old enough to have fond memories of this classic!

The overview is a bit too cluttered with text - I think this wall of text would rather belong to the readme or Steam description

No intro and outro which is a pity, because it would spice up the mission even more.

The mission itself really is a blast - the audio is top notch, the radio protocol is talking of soldier's names and not numbers, and the little bit of scripting like checking out a soldier for intel or part of the squad staying back to cover advance adds greatly to immersion. Rounded off with the good old OFP music, this is a mission that provides a smooth and enjoyable ride down memory lane! Warmly recommended for anyone to check out!