Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Change path in a binarized P3D.

I don't know how to model and I'm not interesting yet. But currently I am trying to move a specific weapon from it's addon into a new addon. I got everything ready BUT the model. I need to change the paths in it but its binarized. I tried opening it with Notepad++ and change it manualy but after I tried testing it in editor my game crashed with Out of Memory error.

I've tried looking and searching but all I found was some kind of a mikero tool called MoveObject and ODOL Explorer and TxtSwap or something and I don't even know if they are what I need.

HELP

You can change paths inside the model with MoveObject. ODOL Explorer don't change those paths and its not even capable of reading the newer P3D files.

You can change paths inside the model with MoveObject. ODOL Explorer don't change those paths and its not even capable of reading the newer P3D files.

Could you tell me how I do it?

I coudn't understand how to use it, and even if so - how to do the specific action that changes the path?

Crashes can be hard to figure out. Check your RPT, the last couple of lines could provide a clue as to why it goes belly up. This is how i caught a malformed RVMAT (bad procedural texture inside) crashing my game recently. Otherwise you will just have to try and eliminate the different factors at play, one by one, to try an trace what's causing the crash.

Crashes can be hard to figure out. Check your RPT, the last couple of lines could provide a clue as to why it goes belly up. This is how i caught a malformed RVMAT (bad procedural texture inside) crashing my game recently. Otherwise you will just have to try and eliminate the different factors at play, one by one, to try an trace what's causing the crash.

I got it fixed. The problem was that MoveObject had no permissions to change the original file. I run it as administrator and it worked, thanks for the help.