Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

um, im talking about the 51SB not RL. the 51SB will definately not be using the warrior hence i'm focusing more on stuff we will be using

Ah....my bad :(

Please forgive me?

Ah....my bad :(

Please forgive me?

haha no worries man i was probably to vague tbh :p

thought i'd put out some progress images of how the Abrams texturing is coming along.. Lots of areas still to do but the bits that are done give an idea of how its gonna look overall..

arma3_2014_12_19_10_41_36_233.jpg

arma3_2014_12_19_10_41_49_196.jpg

arma3_2014_12_19_10_59_17_781.jpg

arma3_2014_12_19_11_00_00_481.jpg

Burnes, just a small notice, you should relocate CROWS, on your model it's position was early one choosen for prototypes, on series vehicles (M1A2SEPv2's), it is placed over primary sight "doghouse".

Burnes, just a small notice, you should relocate CROWS, on your model it's position was early one choosen for prototypes, on series vehicles (M1A2SEPv2's), it is placed over primary sight "doghouse".

Thanks for the heads up, everything about rws placement has thus far been based off of bohemias A2 model (the M1A2SEP in steel beasts doesn't have crows sadly, that's where i learned the layout of the interiors etc) I'll get them moved for the finished version :)

on another note though I'm also working on an M1A1 version with cupola mounted M2

Great to hear Burnes.

We're working on Some Tanker kit. Will probably be Royal Tank Regiment... Black is the new MTP, don't you know.... so might not be exactly right for your unit etc, but hopefully someone will find em useful

SJ

How it looks with the RWS on the doghouse :) also removed the ERA for the time being as i haven't even begun texturing them yet.

image150001.png

image140001.png

Great to hear Burnes.

We're working on Some Tanker kit. Will probably be Royal Tank Regiment... Black is the new MTP, don't you know.... so might not be exactly right for your unit etc, but hopefully someone will find em useful

SJ

haha yeah personally i still prefer the tanker look in woodland DPM but that aint gonna fly lol :p

I think Howl is working on some DPM.. not sure if it's gonna be historic, or more "special forces" fake stuff... but might suit you ?

I think Howl is working on some DPM.. not sure if it's gonna be historic, or more "special forces" fake stuff... but might suit you ?

lol i doubt i could get it cleared. dpm does look better though lol

looking great as always :) Any chance you could give us the option to hide the ERA Armour through init line in the future?

Thanks for the heads up, everything about rws placement has thus far been based off of bohemias A2 model (the M1A2SEP in steel beasts doesn't have crows sadly, that's where i learned the layout of the interiors etc) I'll get them moved for the finished version :)

on another note though I'm also working on an M1A1 version with cupola mounted M2

No problem, you can allways inspire yourself by looking how Gurdy made M1 models for RHS Escalation, his M1 models are probably one of the most accurate and realistic you can find in any sort of game.\\As for BIS, their M1A2 with TUSK kit was based on photo's of early prototype.

By the way about M1A1, you plan to make M1A1 with older CWS commander cupola, or the modern ones with SCWS cupola?

The different between CWS and SCWS is that SCWS have thermal sight, full stabilization in elevation and azimuth + improved controls.

nowyobrazmapybitowej4f.png

Both USMC M1A1FEP and ARNG M1A1SA uses them (US Army completely rearmed all it's active brigades with M1A2SEPv1 and M1A2SEPv2 tanks).

looking great as always :) Any chance you could give us the option to hide the ERA Armour through init line in the future?

yes, i think this is something i' going to implement on all the tanks as even with the challengers the number of versions is starting to get a bit much in the editor. I had always intended to create a service menu that allowed the choice to hide

additions like era and clutter items but as of yet i havnt had the time to get started on it. There will definately be the option to have no era though dont worry. the Abrams looks so much better without it in my opinioin lol.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

No problem, you can allways inspire yourself by looking how Gurdy made M1 models for RHS Escalation, his M1 models are probably one of the most accurate and realistic you can find in any sort of game.\\As for BIS, their M1A2 with TUSK kit was based on photo's of early prototype.

By the way about M1A1, you plan to make M1A1 with older CWS commander cupola, or the modern ones with SCWS cupola?

The different between CWS and SCWS is that SCWS have thermal sight, full stabilization in elevation and azimuth + improved controls.

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/383/nowyobrazmapybitowej4f.png

Both USMC M1A1FEP and ARNG M1A1SA uses them (US Army completely rearmed all it's active brigades with M1A2SEPv1 and M1A2SEPv2 tanks).

yeah probably the SCWS as it offers more of what Arma tank commanders are acustomed to. I also doubt i could recreate the handicap of manual elevation cranking on the M2 in arma

some more screens of the progres in game. Again many areas here are untextured and have just been filled with color as placeholder. also some sharp edges are not defined yet, i prefer to define sharp edges when texturing is complete so as to not waste vertex normals on edges that can be made to look sharp through texturing. Only a few of the materials here have RVmats atm and Also before anyone asks the markings are just one of many possible

arma3_2014_12_20_16_28_58_757.jpg

arma3_2014_12_20_16_29_36_245.jpg

arma3_2014_12_20_16_31_42_728.jpg

arma3_2014_12_20_16_33_01_287.jpg

arma3_2014_12_20_16_36_15_637.jpg

arma3_2014_12_20_16_37_06_033.jpg

arma3_2014_12_20_16_37_30_449.jpg

thought i'd post some more pics of the HMS Bulwark. Still very early into this one havn't had the time to get anywhere near where i would like to have been with it right now but hopefully over christmas I'll have more time to commit to it.

screen680001.png

screen690001.png

The textures here were just painted onto the model to give me a starting reference on the UV map exports, they look pretty grubby atm but i cant wait to start filling this in with lots of detail

Have you tried doing the engine smoke screen feature that most armored (at least us) has?

Have you tried doing the engine smoke screen feature that most armored (at least us) has?

Yes, here is a quick video of the progress on that:

thought i'd post some more pics of the HMS Bulwark. Still very early into this one havn't had the time to get anywhere near where i would like to have been with it right now but hopefully over christmas I'll have more time to commit to it.

http://s4.postimg.org/ip420hec9/screen680001.png

http://s4.postimg.org/66ngjwhcp/screen690001.png

The textures here were just painted onto the model to give me a starting reference on the UV map exports, they look pretty grubby atm but i cant wait to start filling this in with lots of detail

Whoa. Nice!

Progress on the base textures (turret and hull only) on the new version of the Abrams. There are plenty of areas here that are still not textured or incorrectly textured and there is much more modelling detail to add, I've been given some excellent source images from a serving us marine so it will gain significant detail yet but even currently there are some big changes from the A2 model its based on. The interiors have yet to be significantly altered though with the exception of lights etc. A new interior is in progress though..

Also the markings are incorrect i know and will be changed for the finished version

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Here is a quick demonstration of selecting callsigns with the challenger 2. In future these options will be available from the commanders computer but for now the driver has them.

Also the smoke screen can now be turned on and off at will although the new Blastcore makes it look really fucking weird. The new particle effect there is horrible in my opinion..

Edited by Guest

Also the smoke screen can now be turned on and off at will although the new Blastcore makes it look really fucking weird. The new particle effect there is horrible in my opinion..

The Blastcore smoke is bugged and it will probably be fixed.

The Blastcore smoke is bugged and it will probably be fixed.

thanks for the heads up on that, I figured that couldnt have been an intentional change lol

Perhaps some RHS guys might help you out with call signs and flags... Just look at this:http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/AFRF_Decals. With that, You can change numbers on tanks, flags and shi*. Kinda cool stuff.

tbh it's not really nessacery for my purposes as the default system will cover enough callsigns for 4 platoons and you can add your own custom callsign images if needs be.

---------- Post added at 02:21 ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 ----------

Some more work on the Abrams adding detail to the turret

arma3_2014_12_24_02_09_06_887.jpg

arma3_2014_12_24_02_09_19_364.jpg

arma3_2014_12_24_02_09_33_291.jpg

arma3_2014_12_24_02_10_47_348.jpg

arma3_2014_12_24_02_11_11_767.jpg

arma3_2014_12_24_02_12_21_544.jpg

arma3_2014_12_24_02_12_28_485.jpg

Visible interiors:

arma3_2014_12_24_03_19_47_909.jpg

arma3_2014_12_24_03_20_03_499.jpg