Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

is there a mod like this for arma 2? i need the abrams interior.

Yeah it would be impossible in arma 2 due to no support for PiP and i no longer have arma 2 installed and have no time to support mods for a dead platform sorry.

Due to some complaints over the engine sounds (stock arma sounds) i have been trying to learn how to set up engine sounds and here is what i have so far for the challenger. Edited from a video of the Chally at Tankfest so the quality isn't amazing but to me it already sounds better than the stock sound. need to make the tread sound quieter though its a bit overpowering atm to me..

The Challenger is looking really good! Is there any plans on adding a pintle mounted M240 or some kind of turned out weapon system?

A re-reply to this..

I am actually considering a version with a Challenger 1 style Cupola mounted weapon for the commander and the GMG for the loader. I know that a cupola mounted weapon is not a feature of the challenger 2 but well these are intended to be a sort of 'projection' to Army 2020 (and beyond as the Chally has quite a few decades of service yet to give) so I think that such an addition would be ok on certain optional models. I'm also going to be Doing a version with no ERA or slat armour when i release the multi-spec version just to tie things up well together..

Great work on the sound Burnes!

Looking forward to the Abrams update to.

Hey man :) yeah won't be long now. the AAV's will be updated too

Another test of the sounds, cleaned up alot, also the progress on the multi-spec covering. Not finished yet, many parts that should be covered are not but the idea is there..

The engine noise needs to be louder. Much louder than the track noise. And deeper. More like it is at 2.00 on that video. It'd also be pretty cool if you could add in a startup sequence. Just something to delay moving off before the engine could start up properly, only 5 or so seconds.

Can you make interior view for M2 Slammer or make separate Merkava Mk4 mod with interior view?

No sorry, well outside the scope of my project at present. Maybe when all my NATO and Russian goals have been reached, but then only a maybe as i really do not like the Merkava.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

The engine noise needs to be louder. Much louder than the track noise. And deeper. More like it is at 2.00 on that video. It'd also be pretty cool if you could add in a startup sequence. Just something to delay moving off before the engine could start up properly, only 5 or so seconds.

Start up sequence is something i may try to work in but more likely on the Abrams due to a better knowledge of its systems and their usage. One of the major limiting factors in delivering a realistic portrayal is lack of source material. The engine sound balancing is still being worked on but the problem is that thee engine sounds are much louder for the first person view than the 3rd (see the 2nd half of the video). Given that I will actually be using this vehicle i'm far more inclined to balance the sound for the 1st person view. I will probably lower the track volume rather than raise the engine volume as i agree the tracks are too loud in the 'mix' overall

Burnes, does your unit use or anticipate using RHS? Just wondering if you'll be targeting compatibility with their armour system.

Burnes, does your unit use or anticipate using RHS? Just wondering if you'll be targeting compatibility with their armour system.

they have an armour system? I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with RHS to give an answer as to whether I'm moving in that direction or not

They have simulated penetration values / and ERA values by creating specific vitual armour around the tanks.. Makes for some interesting dynamics when trying to attack from the front for instance.

We love the Challenger 2 as it's so tough ingame, you've modelled that by making the entire object UBER-high on hitpoints I imagine. RHS (reyhard Specifically) has adapted OLD's 'RAM mod' - Real armour mod values and systems in conjunction with their own (I think) way of modelling the tough spots and weak spots of each vehicle using small bubbles - that degrade on each hit. To simulate for instance a block of Kontakt-5 getting used up on a hit - but Saving the primary Armour.

It's quite a compelling solution, but complex to model I guess. Best person to ask wouldbe Reyhard, he may direct you to OLDS.

SJ

See here for the MUCH more detailed answer from the Horses mouth

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-0&p=2807973&viewfull=1#post2807973

Edited by serjames

They have simulated penetration values / and ERA values by creating specific vitual armour around the tanks.. Makes for some interesting dynamics when trying to attack from the front for instance.

We love the Challenger 2 as it's so tough ingame, you've modelled that by making the entire object UBER-high on hitpoints I imagine. RHS (reyhard Specifically) has adapted OLD's 'RAM mod' - Real armour mod values and systems in conjunction with their own (I think) way of modelling the tough spots and weak spots of each vehicle using small bubbles - that degrade on each hit. To simulate for instance a block of Kontakt-5 getting used up on a hit - but Saving the primary Armour.

It's quite a compelling solution, but complex to model I guess. Best person to ask wouldbe Reyhard, he may direct you to OLDS.

SJ

See here for the MUCH more detailed answer from the Horses mouth

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-0&p=2807973&viewfull=1#post2807973

Thanks for the info Serjames I'll certainly look into working with the system if it proves popular.

By the way there is an update coming later for the Challenger, I was going to wait until i had finished the driver LOD but it turns out that i made some mistakes in the last update while i was cleaning up the model.cfg class and forgot to put back half the animation sources for the interiors. So these have been fixed now and the update will include the new sounds and current progress on the Multi-Spec camo version.. Driver LOD will be ready for next week.

Brilliant news on the update... Loving the new backpacks etc, so getting those textures fixed would be great.

Looking forward to the new sounds.

SJ

Ok Version 8 of the Challenger 2 is up. Aggain this was not an intended update i just didn't want the broken version up lol.

Change Log -

fixed missing animation sources from last update

Added custom engine sounds

added 2 multi-spectral variants

improved main gun ballistics

minor texturing improvements

fixed bad texture reference error

minor physX improvements

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the info Serjames I'll certainly look into working with the system if it proves popular.

Yes please. RHS is the standard in my game and I would love to play with your tanks against RHS tanks.

RHS is the standard in my game and I would love to play with your tanks against RHS tanks.

Similar. These detailed and functional interiors combined with an in depth targeting/penetration system like RHS are employing really would take tanking in ArmA to a whole other level.

Similar. These detailed and functional interiors combined with an in depth targeting/penetration system like RHS are employing really would take tanking in ArmA to a whole other level.

Ok I'll look into implementing something along these lines. or at least the RAM system if there are licensing issues with Reyhards system. I'll get in touch with him to see what he says, tbh I wouldn't mind even just giving the newly modelled interior lods for the american vehicles to them to use on their vehicles so i could focus on EU vehicles more lol but that's certainly a speculative area of discussion :p

lol tbh though judging by the quality of the RHS vehicles if they wanted interiors they could do a far better job of it than me :p

btw i might be on the verge of having dynamic turn in/out working. I.e the ability to raise and lower yoursefl at will in the commander or loader position like in steel beasts...

Just a quick video showing the progress on getting the interior/exterior ready

lol tbh though judging by the quality of the RHS vehicles if they wanted interiors they could do a far better job of it than me :p

The RHS team are very talented but I think you do yourself a disservice. In any case modelling and texturing skills are only half of the equation, there's no substitute for dedication and an interest in the subject matter (and most 3D artists seem to despise the effort required to create really good vehicle interiors).

The interior from the external perspective looks great (hopefully it's pretty low-poly and just in the first LOD).