Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

LATEST NEWS

A project to provide 3rd Gen MBT's. Landing Craft, Recovery Vehicles and Bridge Layers with immersive interiors and realistic features to Arma 3.

The Idea behind this was originally get something more immersive going on for armored vehicle crews. Something that falls between a full on simulator like Steel Beasts and the limitations of the Arma 3 engine. But basically it has become a general release thread for my vehicles and/or other content.

Current Vehicles Available/In Development

US Equipment

M1A1 SA Abrams -Public V5:click here to Download

Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) - V2:click here to Download

OSHKOSH M-ATV - V1: Click here to Download

UK Equipment

FV4034 Challenger 2 TES - V12:click here to Download

Ocelot Foxhound LPPV - V2.1:click here to Download

Panther CLV - V1.0:click here to Download

Husky TSV - V1.2:click here to Download

MK10 Landing Craft Utitlity (LCU) - V2:click here to Download

bikey https://www.dropbox.com/s/47c6xm7peges8ks/BURNES.bikey?dl=0

Coming soon -

NEW ABRAMS! - not much to show atm except the CDU. I want to create sometihng with Steel Beass level of immersion though. I failed before due to inexperience but i feel i've learned enough this time round to pull it off

the commanders CDU as it appears now 😄

17972201_10156047905095968_7038938539939

NEW CHALLENGER 2! - not going to forget the British side of tihngs too. I'm kind of very unhappy with how I left the old C2 interior and well this time round i'm going for a much greater level of detail and fidelity.

OSHKOSH M-ATV and L-ATV! - figured these would be good to make given their prominence within the US military now. Yes Bohemia have a version but mine is more of a modern era version with a proper manned turret

Special Thanks/Contributors

With the exception of the Interior LODs all Abrams models are from the Bohemia ARMA 2 samples.

The LCAC model is based heavily on that released by Sgt Flyer for Arma 2

The Warrior model is based heavily on the Bohemia Arma 2 sample models

The interior lights is a script by Lala14 on Armaholic

Alot of the config work was helped by the unbinarized materials released by Reyhard

I would also like to thank Raid for help with the Phys X settings

The AAVs were originally ported by WO Aaron (Sw4l). I just added things like hatch/ramp funtionality etc.

Challenger 2 placeholder textures are by Pathy and the P:UKF team

Serjames and 3CB for extensive bug testing and rpt fix suggestions

Cleggy for providing information and linking fixes for rtm errors

Yoshi (LCpl Yoshida 51SB) for extensive research help and additional modelling contributions to the Challenger 2 mod

the amphibious functionality of the AAV has been developed by Karneck using a modified version of Feints paddle mod (with permission from Feint, big thanks man :) )

Clutter items on the MK10 were taken from various Bohemia A2 models released in the A2 Samples

best thing since sliced bread, I'm so excited. people like you make this game. literally

Nice stuff mate definitely nailing your goal so far. Look forward to more progress.

I love the landing craft :)

Waiting for release.

Simply Jaw Dropping. Finally gives a use to actually staging your base on the aircraft carrier, simply make a ramp down one of the elevator areas and you could use the lcac as transport. Keep up the great work, I'll be watching this thread.

Wow! That hovercraft... So cool... :D

Can't wait to see it released

Yeah, really nice! However I fear that large number of PiP might decrease performance, perhaps it would be a good idea to replace PiP for example for TC vision blocks with a transparent glass or something? Like in the driver position.

Same might apply to sights, it is a nice effect but again I fear that so many PiP might make game unplayable in a long shot.

On the other hand this is brilliant, might encourage others to create tank interiors as well.

I agree with Damian90 this might be the only worry from my part.

Imagine the feeling of actual crew inside the tank. Immersion would be great.

Yeah, really nice! However I fear that large number of PiP might decrease performance, perhaps it would be a good idea to replace PiP for example for TC vision blocks with a transparent glass or something? Like in the driver position.

Same might apply to sights, it is a nice effect but again I fear that so many PiP might make game unplayable in a long shot.

On the other hand this is brilliant, might encourage others to create tank interiors as well.

Nope cant have direct viewports for the commander due to the way the interior has to be set up to allow the usepip functionality. The playability is fine it has been thoroughly tested and there are no performance issues. You have to realise that there are many rendertargets, but only a limited number of render sources. Its the sources that are the drain (all of the gunsight images with the exception of the commanders main monitor are just repeating applications of the gunenrsight render source).

Also remember that the interior gunsight images are never intended to be a replacement for the fullscreen weapon optic mode. when in first person optic mode no pip screens are being rendered and so the performance concerns would be mute anyway.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

I fucking love you!

Haha the feeling is mutual. your internal lighting script is awesome and adds alot to the immersion in my vehicles at night :)

NEW FEATURE FINISHED:

Infantry Telephone - with sound effects.

Allows nearby infantrymen to directly contact the tank commander rather than having to send messages up and down their CoC over the radio.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for explanation Burnes, either way I strongly support your efforts! :)

Glad to see that you went ahead and made a WIP thread, I'm particularly excited about the abrams because at one point I too was modelling an interior..M1A1 though not A2, after the big debate about what vehicle interiors bring and wether or not they are worth the effort. It is nice to see another like minded person that believes a full fledged interior not only adds the extra feeling but also is willing to step up to the plate and make it.

This looks absolutely fantastic! I would like to ask, especially since you're "in talks with other mod makers about providing the interior lods for their mods too" and because the Abrams models are BI's besides said interior LODs, would you be willing to participate in the Community Upgrade Project?

I'm also (or possibly even more) enthusiastic at the sight of what you've done with the LCAC!

This will be awesome - modders like doing the combat and frontline aspect but not so much logistics and support side of things. Seeing a M88 Hercules, LCAC and others will be a great way to add immersion and more mission functionality say in keeping an armored column going and combat capable. Look forward to release!

I plan on making each of the best 3rd Gen MBT's in this way (Challenger 2, LeClerc, T-90 ect) and also to provide logistics support such as landing craft and recovery vehicles.

Hi, You're doing a great job, it looks very good. But the 2 best tanks in the world at this moment are the Leoaprd 2A7 MBT & K2 Black Panther, just saying. ;)

This will be a game changer. A lot of people will actually want to play as tank crew loader, commander , gunner etc. So thank you very much for what you are doing and for taking the decision to share with the community.

This will be a game changer. A lot of people will actually want to play as tank crew loader, commander , gunner etc. So thank you very much for what you are doing and for taking the decision to share with the community.

*dreaming* BI could collaborate with the OP to create a tank DLC.

But the 2 best tanks in the world at this moment are the Leoaprd 2A7 MBT & K2 Black Panther, just saying. ;)

There's no such thing as best tank, rifle, aircraft... only amateurs discuss about weapons with such absolutes. ;)

And believe me, you would not want to sit inside these two if armor is perforated and ammo is hit, they would blow up just like T-72.

EOT.

*dreaming* BI could collaborate with the OP to create a tank DLC.

It is actually very good idea, and Burnes prooves that it is possible to create a good tank interior in ArmA.

We can go even further than that, with Olds RAM proving the concept of realistic armor system, with properly modelled interiors, RAM concept can be further improved, also for vehicles other than tanks.

I wonder if it would be even possible to model crew survivability. Let's take for example Burnes interior for M1 series. M1 have whole ammunition for main gun stored in isolated ammunition magazines in turret bustle and in hull between engine and turret. These isolated ammunition magazines have sliding blast proof armored doors and blow off panels.

In most cases when vehicle armor is perforated, projectile itself does not kill all crew members or most of them. The biggest crew killer is vehicles own ammunition storage, when ammo cooks off, even automated fire supression systems won't help. Thus complete ammunition isolation is the only answer to this problem.

We can then theoretize that for example, that ArmA engine can have some sort of build in system or script, where if ammo is cook off, depending on vehicle design, it will kill crew and completely destroy vehicle, or vehicle will be only damaged, without ammo, with crew alive. In such case vehicle during gameplay, can be recovered and repaired.

Something similiar was done in ACE2, if you look in to config files, there were aded values for hull/turret fire, explosion etc.

RAM mod, could then have added such features as proper crew placement and internal equipment thanks to modeled interiors, and also proper ammunition placement, and so on, if you know what I mean.

However this is only theory, and I am nowhere near to being good coder for such work, but I think it might be possible.