Sign in to follow this  
saiyan29mayhem

How would I change the default weapon of a unit?

I want to learn how to PERMANENTLY change the default weapon of a unit. Also, I want to learn how to change the model of a default weapon. Could someone show me or point me to the direction where I could learn how to do this stuff?

PMC Editing Wiki was (is) very helpful for me. You should be able to find out what you need there. A lot of stuff to get through.

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ofp

Looks helpful, but it also looks like it doesn't have what I need. Then again, there is a lot of content there, I may have missed it. Plus that wiki has a lot of info I could use as a beginner editor. Thanks a lot.

Easiest way is this:

- go to your BIN folder and open the CONFIG.CPP file with a notepad (if it's not .CPP file you must first convert it with a program like BINVIEW)

- in the config file, scroll down to CLASS CFGWEAPONS

- here you find the weapon lists and parameters which you can change now. Example:

class M16:Riffle

model="m16_proxy";

Now if you want to change it with another model, put the said weapon addon in your ADDONS folder and use shortcut to it. Example:

class M16:Riffle

model="\INQ_WeaponPack\M16\INQ_M16.p3d";

It should look exactly like that and it should work. You can also change several other settings like optics, sounds, fire rates, ammo type, names and so on but doing so will require some messing with .PBO files using programs like UNPBO. Personally, I use Total Commander with a .PBO plug-in and it works quite well and efficiently.

Hope that helps. :p

Edited by noob1
removed the quotes

It might be a good idea to do all of this inside a mod folder.That way you can keep your project separate.