Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Fitz

Island Life Setup. Need help/pointers.

I'm trying to set up Island Life for ArmA 2. I've currently been running an Altis Life server, but i feel like island life would be more fun. However, unlike Altis Life, there is no central website for it, and i don't know where/how to set up a server for Island Life (or city life, but ive heard that CityLife hasn't actually been released yet. idk. i thought it was) however, for either of these gamemodes, I don't see any sort of Mod download or PBO file download to use as a template. and im not sure if this is how it's supposed to be to host a city life server.

if anyone can point me towards some sort of tutorial or download link for the basic things needed to host a city life OR island life server on a virtual dedicated box, please let me know. i could really use the help. thanks.

Contact me here or PM me, and if all else fails contact me on steam by searching Demonfire020482. you'll know its me regardless of whatever name comes up simply by the matching profile picture.

thanks again in advance, hope to hear from you guys soon.

First of all you need to google addon sync and download it. Then once your in the application click new server. Where it says item config URL paste this in there http://addons.tacticalcombatgaming.com/TCGIL/repo.7z once you add it push import server. After that go to download addons and check for addons then download addons. This stuff is important because these are the files you need to run one. After that it is about a 3gb download so wait for that to download. Start your game up once and make sure that you see new stuff in the ArmA 2 OA expansions. After that you need to either host a server from your Windows Server or buy a server from a company. After that you need to find a mission file for Island Life. After that you need to edit the mission file to your liking. ("If you want I get you your own mission file and edit everything to your liking for $10 via steam.") After that upload your mission file to your server box or whatever it is called and then you are done. Just remember that if you want people to like and stay on your server you need to be adding your own custom features every month. And becareful with TCG. Even tho they provided us with addons and what not. They can still be mean and after a server restart it might say "THIS IS NOT A OFFICIAL TCG SERVER - GAME FROZEN - blah blah blah" I suggest making a anti freeze or just waiting a few minutes before joining for it to wear off.

First of all you need to google addon sync and download it. Then once your in the application click new server. Where it says item config URL paste this in there http://addons.tacticalcombatgaming.com/TCGIL/repo.7z once you add it push import server. After that go to download addons and check for addons then download addons. This stuff is important because these are the files you need to run one. After that it is about a 3gb download so wait for that to download. Start your game up once and make sure that you see new stuff in the ArmA 2 OA expansions. After that you need to either host a server from your Windows Server or buy a server from a company. After that you need to find a mission file for Island Life. After that you need to edit the mission file to your liking. ("If you want I get you your own mission file and edit everything to your liking for $10 via steam.") After that upload your mission file to your server box or whatever it is called and then you are done. Just remember that if you want people to like and stay on your server you need to be adding your own custom features every month. And becareful with TCG. Even tho they provided us with addons and what not. They can still be mean and after a server restart it might say "THIS IS NOT A OFFICIAL TCG SERVER - GAME FROZEN - blah blah blah" I suggest making a anti freeze or just waiting a few minutes before joining for it to wear off.

so.... this is for city life im assuming? is there any simpler life mod thats more publicly available? or is Altis Life the only version of life that people are nice enough to distribute?