18810217yd.jpg

18803811ql.jpg

18811302lp.jpg

18811588fv.jpg

18811929lt.jpg

Description:

Contains 5 Camo Faces

Notes:

We made 5 Faces so far. Let us know what you think how they look and what Camo types you want to see and we will add more.

Check out our WIP Thread:

http://kgb-arma.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68

www.kgb-arma.de

ts.kgb-arma.de

YouTube

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

These are great looking, I would love to contribute to this, would u mind if i sent you some of my .paa's that i have done? I was beginning work on this exact type of project.

Edited by Mattastic

maybe a face with some lighter green would be good for very lush environments. Dark colors on salient parts of the face (nose, chin, cheekbones) and light green on the cavernous parts, like eyes, the parts beside the nose etc. Look at this to know what I mean:

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Maskowanie.JPEG or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/US_Air_Force_050129-F-5040D-009_Airman_1st_Class_Nathan_Fitzwater_conceals_himself_in_palm_leaves_using_camouflaging_and_face_paint_at_Andersen_Air_Force_Base.jpg

Edited by Brainbug

A lighter green would be good as well as an assortment of other color combinations. I assume the first 5 faces made were based on a need/want for camo in a German or just woodland environment. There are several other environments that could be looked at when looking for what other colors to include other than your basic green and black. Lighter/Darker browns, Greys/blacks, Darker yellows and oranges. If you want to keep this to just your basic green & black colors, thats cool, but there are some very applicable color combinations out there that could be utilized.

Thanks guys. Most of the texture work was done by Pater (don't worry, you get your 15 Minutes ;)). I mostly do the unfunny part of writing the config and putting it all together.

@Mattastic: Sounds good. You can send me the paa's if you like.

@BadBenson: No we haven't released them. We're still working on that. We just made a uniform. We used the gear of the german bwmod so far, but we are working on the older version of the carrier system and some other things like the lucie nvg. The BwMod is concentrating on the IDZ System (Infantryman of the Future), so we thought it would be the best to focus on the older/ actual units to give the german community a wider spectrum of available units and gear.

They will come in Flecktarn (woodland) and Tropentarn (desert) and additional Units with KFOR and ISAF patches.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

@Brainbug: The black faces for night missions are a good idea and the brighter colors for different environment as well. We will do that.

I remember that they always told us in the military that it is not necessary to paint the hole face, you only have to distract the human eye by changing the shape of the face with some stripes, but I think a lot of people like the fully painted faces, so we will put some in.

Edited by [KGB]Cartman

@Cartman: The faces don't need to be painted cleanly, it can and should look rough. But isn't the proper procedure to cover the face (and don't forget the throat and neck!) completely with plain olive first, and then apply a few black stripes? Probably depends how bright your skin is, the more tanned guys have certainly an advantage here. Really black guys would need to apply some lighter colors though so that their face fits to the rest of the uniform colors.

Oh, and that you said you are not ready yet to release the units means that I don't have to tell you that the size of the Flecktarn pattern is totally off, right? ;)

Yes, it's still WIP ;)

We also need to put some work in the normal map to add more detail.

Just a small issue, but I was using Camo 4 and the NATO uniform with rolled sleeves, and the forearms were black while the character was supposed to be white. I'm not sure if that's intentional (smearing dark paint on the arms) or a glitch.

Brilliant!

Any chance to have the faces as JPG-files to be used in MP without the need of the addon?

/KC

Awesome mod!

Is there any way to add these faces to AI squadmates?

@TheEvanCat: It´s not a glitch, we just made this one camo for the hands and arms. We will change that, when we add more faces.

@redarmy: You can do this with setface.

this setFace "WhiteHead_02"

the names are kgb_camo1 to 5

We will put this in a readme.

Awesome job on this mod cartman !

Cartman;2724390']@TheEvanCat: It´s not a glitch' date=' we just made this one camo for the hands and arms. We will change that, when we add more faces.

@redarmy: You can do this with setface.

this setFace "WhiteHead_02"

the names are kgb_camo1 to 5

We will put this in a readme.[/quote']

Awesome! can you Russifie them? Haha only joking.

Didnt even hear about setface before,arma never ceases to amaze :)

Thanks again