Sign in to follow this  
Sterlingarcherz101

Arma 3 ,best Gpu drivers.

I was curious to know which drivers people were using and found best for arma.

I was using the latest nvidia ones and found performance had gone backwards. So I went back a few drivers. And installed 335 . I found the same campaign mission I had just tried on the latest nvidia one.,no longer had the severe lag spikes . It was a lot smoother. Then went to multiplayer and had a much smoother run . Nearly ten fps more.

So I am on an older nvidia driver now. 335. Just wanted to know is anyone else. Find similar results. This goes for AMD users also.

I am running on an haswell I7 and gtx 770 8 gigs ram , SSD. (won't bore anyone with specs shit talk this is merely to gather info related to driver performances)

Huh, had a backup of 335 on a hard drive and find this to be true, strangely. Running the relatively low end GT650M.

Huh, had a backup of 335 on a hard drive and find this to be true, strangely. Running the relatively low end GT650M.

Cheers lucky. I had been wondering for myself was it just me. Had time to play yesterday. Was playing on the sos tactical sever they use a good few scripts. And it is a custom mission. Was about 35 players on. And I was running smooth. Not nearly as many drops as I had with the latest "performance enhanced" drivers.

What CPU have you got lucky.?

Bump bump and bump....

This is correct.I reluctantly went through the process of redownloading nvidia 355. And what i can tell you is the performance compared to the current driver is night and day.

The frames on avg are higher for me by about 4or5 fps.But whats most noticable is that it lags less during certain events..ie the moment enemy makes contact and shit hits the fan,then throughout a gunfight,things just seemed alot smoother.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Take 10minutes out of your day to redownload this driver,its alot better than the newest.Even without the shader cache.

Thanks sterlingarcherz for the find!

• Like 1

Did someone already compare 335 and the new 340?

Nvidia 660Ti get 50 frames on low

But.. My Nvidia GTX 660 is getting 40 - 60 FPS in Ultra

Guys,a microwave oven could run this game at 60fps on ultra if your just scratching your arse.Try an infantry test in molos town on altis with 32vs 32 infantry men who meet in the middle to duke it out,and tell me what it runs like.Also list some mods which affect fps.

My rig: Phenom 2 955 quad core 3.2GHZ.

GPU; Nvidia gtx 650ti Boost.

Mods demanding: Blastcore,jsrs,Bcombat.

Settings on ultra minus the post processing.

Result:I average about 40 - 45 fps with i might mention "drongos toolkit" which makes AI throw alot of smoke when taking casualties.

With the latest driver,my fps is 35-40fps at best. PLZ share your examples.

361.91 and 362.00 are also popular well working drivers for nVIDIA

Last 368.39 works fine for me.

But FPS being mostly a CPU job, I don't get the point.

The only problem with GPU drivers is when they are displaying artefacts or crashing the game.

AMD "Crimsom" drivers are also working fine ATM B)

• Like 1

Best GPU? GTX-1080. According to benchmarks it surpasses everything currently in terms of GPU, even on Arma 3 hitting 69-79 FPS.

It seems that the thread is about GPU drivers, not about GPU.

[Off Topic Mode : ON]

Telling that you can hit "69-79 FPS" is sending a wrong message to people looking for infos about a PC update.

To be right you must also tell what kind of platform is used to achieved such results and/or give sources in order to get these infos.

[Off Topic Mode : OFF]

• Like 1

Best GPU? GTX-1080. According to benchmarks it surpasses everything currently in terms of GPU, even on Arma 3 hitting 69-79 FPS.

Link ?

I just dont get those Benchmark - 1st off what are his settings Standard, Ultra? Just for the Infantry showcase? Also I got exactly 4 fps bump when I went to Titan and now Im back at a 760 with no noticeable differences. These guys stating these vast 20-30 fps are just full off shit at least as far as Arma is concerned

I just dont get those Benchmark - 1st off what are his settings Standard, Ultra? Just for the Infantry showcase? Also I got exactly 4 fps bump when I went to Titan and now Im back at a 760 with no noticeable differences. These guys stating these vast 20-30 fps are just full off shit at least as far as Arma is concerned

1440p, 8x AA should already tell enough how much he's pushing the GPU. And yes it's likely just the infantry showcase. The forest is pretty GPU hungry on that one mission.

Infantry showcase isn't bottlenecked by the CPU that much so that's why you see that difference. And like I mentioned, the forest at the beginning can really eat the fps with higher resolution and AA, so that can also make some more cap.

Would be interesting to see someone with GTX1080 how low low the fps drops when scoping Tanoa forest with AtoC on and some AA, because that eats any good GPU as breakfast.

You see the fps difference as long as AI/scripts/multiplayer doesn't bottleneck the game. Especially now in Tanoa forest.

// I just tested the same scenario and I'm constantly bottlenecked by the GTX970 somewhere between ~35-50fps if I run 8x AA and 1440p 3D resolution. The result seems to match the video.

Before downgrading you can also try to disable shader cache in the nVidia control panel. If you OS is installed on a HDD it could be the cause of stuttering.

/KC

14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software 

I am using omega drivers (from 2013) and is working flawless.

Latest Crimson, whichever that is. Great performance, as always.

I just tend to update when it reminds me, performance seems good all the time with AMD drivers currently.

My rig is running the game at around 30-60 FPS.

I'm running all settings on ultra.

i7 4790k

32 GB RAM

250 SATA Hard Disk

Geforce GTX 970 4GB

Better off let me show you a video of gameplay in these settings.

I did some testing of tanoa v altis on very high and one of the things I note in the video is that my 2x 970 SLI is maxed out in the forests, but in the towns its very CPU limited to nearly half what the GPUs are capable of and in the open ground its somewhere in between but still CPU limited.

So your FPS in a particular scenario could be due to the CPU or the GPU and this game will hit on both depending on your circumstances. But really the way to look at this is the game has X potential based on the CPU you are using and then different scenarios use the GPU more or less up to that potential and occasionally your GPU might even be the problem. That max potential on a 6700k is around 120 fps in the best case and around 45 in the worst case in single player. In multiplayer its less than that as every player seems to add some CPU cost.

The video:

• Like 1