Sign in to follow this  
billedspider

arma 2 oa warfare mode not being able to re spawn so game has to end

me and my friend were play arma 2 oa warfare mode and once me and him died we could not respawn and it sucks as we would have to restart any advice will help

I have the same problem. When I die in any of the Warfare (CTI) missions on multiplayer I can't respawn and have to restart the mission. All that happens is the camera zooms out for a top down view of my characters body. If i press Esc and click on respawn the camera then goes to to the friendly HQ with the same top down view and my character appears and dies instantly.

yeah its wierd that it happens as you cant respawn me and him where perfectly ableto work on it before

I was unable to downgrade, so decided to work with it. I have an editor warfare mission that worked fine in 1.62 but does the same when respawning in 1.63.

My editor mission uses a custom init client script, so I set it to run the Client_Killed script from the mission folder instead of the warfare module core. Working with the Client_Killed script in the mission folder (inserting a bunch of player sidechats to find out what was going on) this is what I found:

1) There were two instances of the script being run when the player died. I don't know why that is, but figured it must be creating a conflict. I inserted a check so that if the script was already running, the second instance of the script running would be canceled.

2) There was a check for the player's Base information that had an undefined variable (_side). It was apparently stopping the script in its tracks. Once I defined the variable I respawned with no problem.

This may help with editor missions, but it won't help with the packaged missions in the game. BIS would have to address that.

I have no clue why there would have been two instances of the script running. I was alone on a LAN server.

EDIT: Also no idea why "_side" not being defined would have passed in 1.62 and lower. Seems it should have thrown an error all along.

Edited by OpusFmSPol
add final observation