Sign in to follow this  
drunken officer

[DOF] Advanced Artillery System

Hello.

I will show you my "Advanced Artillery System" (AAS).

First of all, it's my first dialog ever in Arma! And i tested only in singleplayer. Maybe a good scripter can help me to make it possible to use in MP

I think, it is to easy to do a simple click on map and the artillery will fire to this spot. My idea was, that the soldier which one is in the battle, has to call the artillery. But they need the infos, about the coordinates and what the soldier need.

So the soldier doesnt have to type in the angle and what ever. It's a part of the artillery...

The soldier have to say:

How many units have to fire. The rounds, the ammo and the x/y coordinates.

This script have two options.

The first one is simple. The map builder dont need to place units on map. It is a phantom script. That means, the rounds will created by script.

Options are:

rounds

type of ammo

max. spread

The secound one is a "real" system. That means, the units must placed on map.

Options are:

how many units

rounds for each unit

type of ammo for each unit

coordinates for each unit

The script will check, if the unit are alive or not and will deleted dead units. The mission builder can remove and add units.

I add a "masterinit". There its possible to set

phantomscript-settings

max. rounds

possible type of ammo (use six config browser)

realsystem-settings:

fill the array with the units

max. rounds

autorearm (true/false)

for both systems

time to sleep, before you can call again

min. distance from target area to player

max. distance form target area to player

Description.ext

#include "DOF_AAS\DOFARTY_defines.hpp"
#include "DOF_AAS\DOFArty_dialog.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "DOF_AAS\CfgFunctions.hpp"
};

Start Parameter

to start phantomscript:

[] execVM "DOF_ASS\dof_fn_phantominit.sqf"

to start phantomscript:

[] execVM "DOF_ASS\dof_fn_realinit.sqf"

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/017uilqn0piyht0/DOF_AAS.7z

The script dont required anything. Copy the whole DOF_ASS folder into your mission folder.

Edited by Drunken Officer

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Some kind of danger close over-ride would be nice, so it would sort of warn you "hey, you're too close!" but let the player still call in artillery.

Looks awesome though! I've wanted a more manual Arty system for a while, and especially as someone who plays without magic maps that show your location, this is going to be pretty fun to play with.

Script that is totally there (realinit or whaterver) is giving an error for not being found. Not sure what is up with that. There's a typo to call the script, it's ASS instead of AAS in the file path.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Getting this error:

resource DOF_REALARTY_DIALOG not found

POsted stuff wrong in the init, ignore me!

Okay, I have the script set up but the units don't seem to be hitting the target. They are facing in completely the wrong direction and I'm not entirely sure where they are hitting. Might be a map issue, I'll see what happens on other maps.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Are you sure, that you coords are right? I tested it on both maps (from BIS). I didnt tested it on all the other addon maps.

And the units will fire correct.

x-Axis = (123) Number of fiel and (12) select the part // 19250 -> the middle betwenn 192 and 193

the same with the y-axis

YEs: i will add a warning system. At the moment, the script checks, if any unit can fire or not. When all units didnt fire, you can call again without any sleep time.