Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Campana de malvinas and falklands war

Well my original question was going to be:

Which one do u like more?

But then I thought that is gonna be a much better idea to combine two mods so each team gonna be responsbile for different sides so they don't have to produce many similar units.

both sides have their own agenda, so i think it's hard to predict what's gonna happen. however, i hope that if they can cooperate, maybe falklandswar od can specialize in british equipments and campana de malvinas focus on Argentinian side.

but looking at campana de malvina's old quote i think it's hard ot reach agreement.... sad.gif

well to be honest i dont think the two mod teams would be able to agree on a storyline...argentinians see the falklands conflict a lot differently to the british (and afaik the falklands mod is mainly british and the malvinas is argentinian), even deciding on a name would probably cause trouble as no brit would ever call the falklands the malvinas smile.gif and there would be a lot of discrepency between stories from both sides, as even the flight group that was using the exocet missiles during the crisis believe they hit one of the two biritsh carriers when they hit the atlantic conveyor and still believe it today (ive seen their hangar with decals of the ships they blew up and hms hermes was on there), and also im guessing the falklands mod are going to be doing the campaign from the side of the british and the malvinas from the side of the argentinians so theres probably not much reason for them to merge as the sheer organisational problems would slow down the release

I am not really trying to say the should completely merge, but at least share some models and addons. So Malvinas can concentrate on making Argentinian units and give it ti Falklands later and Falklands should make British units and give them to Malvinas. They gonna save heaps of time doing this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Sep. 29 2002,09:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am not really trying to say the should completely merge, but at least share some models and addons. So Malvinas can concentrate on making Argentinian units and give it ti Falklands later and Falklands should make British units and give them to Malvinas. They gonna save heaps of time doing this.<span id='postcolor'>

that's my wish too..but for campaigns they can't go together..so much different views on it.

this is not going 2 happen because

1. there story is a complete load of crap

2. weve tried merging be4 and they wanted the controlling role

and where not sharing models

i think that raps it up

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Sep. 29 2002,11:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is not going 2 happen because

1. there story is a complete load of crap

2. weve tried merging be4 and they wanted the controlling role3

3. there argies

i think that raps it up<span id='postcolor'>

1. Same as stories of OFP, Red Hammer and Resistance, but it didn't prevent them from selling million of copies! wink.gif

2. Don't merge. Just share models and addons. Nothing else. Don't even talk to each other just send each other addons. tounge.gif

3. He he he that's racist wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Sep. 29 2002,11:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. there argies<span id='postcolor'>

that's deep mr nolips ..........

Hey, c'mon!

Where's the problem?

You should be able to compromise, shouldn't you?

It's just that the Falkland Guys concentrate on the British Units, and the Argentinian Guys work on the argentinian Units.

When the Modelling Work is done, you exchange the Units, so that you can work on the British campaign and the "argies" can work on the Argentinian one.

I see really a lot of potiency in both mods... But you both are making almost the same Units, and think of the player, this means for him, that he has to download the double amount of data, think of the 56k users!

And there is noone needed, to play the controlling role..

The British do their thing and the Argentinians do theirs.

And in the end you just combine!

bye,

gr4vy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gr4vy @ Sep. 29 2002,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, c'mon!

Where's the problem?

You should be able to compromise, shouldn't you?

It's just that the Falkland Guys concentrate on the British Units, and the Argentinian Guys work on the argentinian Units.

When the Modelling Work is done, you exchange the Units, so that you can work on the British campaign and the "argies" can work on the Argentinian one.

I see really a lot of potiency in both mods... But you both are making almost the same Units, and think of the player, this means for him, that he has to download the double amount of data, think of the 56k users!

And there is noone needed, to play the controlling role..

The British do their thing and the Argentinians do theirs.

And in the end you just combine!

bye,

gr4vy<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly my point!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Sep. 29 2002,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we are not doing the british units we are doing for both sides<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly! Why would we want to download two similar units from different teams? Why don't u just combine the best ones?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Sep. 29 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Sep. 29 2002,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we are not doing the british units we are doing for both sides<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly! Why would we want to download two similar units from different teams? Why don't u just combine the best ones?<span id='postcolor'>

then having all of our mods work and non of theres would not be very fair would it smile.gif

I'm probably going to take both and use the best addons from each one. I think people have a right to choose who they co-operate with, particularly when you bear in mind there is an awful lot of bad blood between the people of England and the people of Argentina. In part it's because of the war, but mostly it's a football thing.

The main thing is that there will be two mods, which means that there is a very good chance of some very tasty addons coming out.

Also bear in mind that the Falklands war probably the most hard fought war in recent years and it was a very close run thing, both sides have their own stories about it and both sides believe what they know to be the truth. Bottom line as far as the truth is concerned is like the quote I so often see in OFP when some fecker parks a BMP on my head "Asking who won a war is like asking who won an Earthquake" (or something like that).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Quote (nolips71 @ Sep. 29 2002,13:52)

we are not doing the british units we are doing for both sides

Exactly! Why would we want to download two similar units from different teams? Why don't u just combine the best ones?

then having all of our mods work and non of theres would not be very fair would it  

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, as I said, both mods have great potiency! And when you combine your units, you are able to give the player a greater variety of units, which can result in a greater quality of the campaign.

bye,

gr4vy

I am a DSL user and I don't mind downloading big files. Office XP was a big file (:)), some little campaign is tiny!

But I have to disagree with you guys... if they combine their models it will look out of place and they won't match the same texturing standard as eachother do, and the model detail might suck, which makes it better to have them both make their own models so we can pick & choose.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Sep. 29 2002,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am a DSL user and I don't mind downloading big files. Office XP was a big file (:)), some little campaign is tiny!

But I have to disagree with you guys... if they combine their models it will look out of place and they won't match the same texturing standard as eachother do, and the model detail might suck, which makes it better to have them both make their own models so we can pick & choose.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree... from a mission making perspective it's easy for me to pick and choose which I like and which I don't like. But that also means that I won't be playing either of their campaigns. I'd rather just make my own minus all the political crap. I'd be more interested in making a campaign where you take turns taking both sides in the battles. For example in one mission of the campaign you are a British SAS commando unit doing a recon mission and calling in Naval gunfire. On the next mission you are playing the same mission but you are on the receiving end of the gunfire and you have to hunt down the SAS lads who are calling in the fire on your positions, or perhaps you are a Argentinian Air Force pilot flying a Mirage to try and take out the British ships bombarding the island.

Probably wouldn't be popular with British or Argentinian players but others might like it. But then of coarse both MOD teams would probably give me hell about using their addons and islands. sad.gif

I guess the typical OFP player (who doesn't make missions themselves), unless they have tons of RAM in their computer, will have to decide which MOD to use and thus "choose sides".

Kinda sad really.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We had a similar Situation some time ago when i was still modeling for the BW-Mod.

Someone from the German OFP Community(dont know who) had the Idea that the BW-Mod(Germany) and the BH-Mod(Austria) could share some Models because there are many Vehicles both Armies use.

If i recall it correctly many ofp Fans agreed, but some Mod Guys were against any Form of cooperation between the Mods.

This lead to a "War" between the mods after the BW-Mod Leader said something like "we will never cooperate with this Mod!". mad.gif

Its really sad that it seems to be impossible for some People in this "Community" to cooperate with other only because they fear that they could lose a bit of the "glory" they believe to earn for thier Mods when they are done. sad.gif

I finally left the BW-Mod Team and will now complete my Models alone so they can be used by every Mod that wants to use them!

I think the Falklands/Malvinas Teams should try it and make 2 Campaigns and 1 Model Pool.

If they dont do it i dont think that we will see one of these Mods being released before there is a Sequel to OFP... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Sep. 29 2002,21:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we can say Argies cuz we won! Just like we can call Nazis!<span id='postcolor'>

with that logic, we Americans can call you anything we want since we beat Britains some hundreds of years ago.

no political/racial bias will be tolerated.