Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 125548 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only)

build 125402 has just been released on Steam in Beta branch.

- fixed ui (squad url, steamID)

- new command GetPlayerUIDOld

this is newer than today released 'stable' 1.63 !

kewl...

what did you break this time?

Thank you BIS once again for your continued support of A2OA ... but please don't forget to explain things for us mere mortals have to wrap our heads around all these changes.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Could we possibly have an updated list of the protocols and ports now used by A2OA?

As far as I have read the defaults are:

UDP 2302, 2304, 2305

UDP 8766

UDP 27016

I have seen my server process briefly attempting to handle connections in the 50000 range, both TCP and UDP ... which are not listed as required ports for A2OA Server.

As I have learned from recent frustrating experience, if any of the required ports are not manually forwarded from server to internet, this can stop the server from being visible to players or stop players from connecting.

Well my game is now completely broken, can't even start the game anymore.

3HccQcQ.png

After that it just closes after 10 seconds.

Any help, Ive tried removing all battleEye stuff and reinstalling but nothing works ?

Start the arma 2 exe with BE at the end, or start BE service manually.

Thank you for the command for the old UID, helps a bit converting server to new version.

Start the arma 2 exe with BE at the end, or start BE service manually.

That is the arma 2 exe with BE at the end, and how can i start it manually ?

http://i.imgur.com/3HccQcQ.png

Any help, Ive tried removing all battleEye stuff and reinstalling but nothing works ?

Please try this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179735-battleye-fails-to-install&p=2719977&viewfull=1#post2719977.

OOooookay so if i get this right.....

The BETA of OA has the Player UI i.e. Squad URL in it but the normal OA has no squad URL?????

does this mean we have to force squad members to instal the BETA otherwise they won't be able to get ther xml?!?

seems a bit......... to me ya know? I mean if the normal built is now the same as the BETA patch then why not put it in there as well??????

would make more sense for me.

http://i.imgur.com/3HccQcQ.png

Verify your game cache with steam should fix it

Please gives us the option to choose between different 1.63 patch versions.

Edited by Squadron_2

Any timetable on when the old bans should work with the new GUIDs?

Also would it be possible to include the "getPlayerUIDold" command in the stable version?

Edited by Viba

build 125402 has just been released on Steam in Beta branch.

this is newer than today released 'stable' 1.63 !

Any info on GetPlayerUIDOld, how it works and, more importantly, how it handles new players who purchase OA after the switch to SteamID (i.e. players who may not have legacy PlayerUIDs) ?.

Thanks

Instead of requiring the clients to use this beta patch that includes the "getPlayerUIDOld" -command I automated the recognition of old and new player UID on the server that is running the beta. The server would first check the new UID for saved character and if not found it would check with the old uid using the new "getPlayerUIDOld", to my disappointment I found out that clients without the beta get stuck in debug as the command doesn't seem to work for them even if it is used server-side? Can a dev or someone else confirm this, or is the stable and beta just not compatible with each other?

I can inmage that the people who have traided there retail version for a steam version will get a new GUID as the trade there CD-Key for a new one...

But does this mean that people who allready had OA on steam will keep the old UID's? or will they also as in ArmA 3 use there SteamID?

or does this only apply on newly bought versions?

does this mean we have to re aply the XML's for squad members (should you fix the squad URL bar) or can we just juse the old IUD's?

Verify your game cache with steam should fix it

Ive already fixed this now, as i posted above. But i did try that and it didn't help.

Also steam doesn't display when AO is running ? Can we have a fix for that. I know its to do with when battle eye is running

Edited by cooltrain7

Any info on GetPlayerUIDOld, how it works and, more importantly, how it handles new players who purchase OA after the switch to SteamID (i.e. players who may not have legacy PlayerUIDs) ?.

Thanks

Seconded ... thanks, but how is this command to be used?

GUID for everyone changes with 1.63 as the way it is generated is different.

UID will also change for everyone, as the UID is now your SteamID.

GetPlayerUIDOld will return the old UID you had with 1.62, even if you didn't have it previously, it will still return it I believe.

GUID for everyone changes with 1.63 as the way it is generated is different.

UID will also change for everyone, as the UID is now your SteamID.

GetPlayerUIDOld will return the old UID you had with 1.62, even if you didn't have it previously, it will still return it I believe.

How will it return your previous playerUID ?. How was the PlayerUID originally calculated and what requirements were needed to generate it ?.

The problem is that we can come up with what we think it should do or could do but no-one has yet stated what it does do either after testing or because they are part of the OA dev team.

I developed a mod around one of the OA DayZ mods which now does not work with the SteamID and this command may help to get it working again but I don't want to rebuild my mod based on what the command "can possibly" or "should most likely" do only to find out it doesn't :).

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getPlayerUID

I don't know what more there is to tell? Since A2 changed to steam the UID is calculated differently and thus changed for everyone. If you are using this patch you can still get the old UID by using the getplayeruidold command.

_newuid = getplayeruid player;

_olduid = getplayeruidold player;

Hello Dwarden,

tnx for the new command but its useless until you make this version stable in steam cause it breaks scripts if player dont use this game version.

So please make this version to the new stable thank you :)

Thank you BIS once again for your continued support of A2OA ... but please don't forget to explain things for us mere mortals have to wrap our heads around all these changes.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Could we possibly have an updated list of the protocols and ports now used by A2OA?

As far as I have read the defaults are:

UDP 2302, 2304, 2305

UDP 8766

UDP 27016

I have seen my server process briefly attempting to handle connections in the 50000 range, both TCP and UDP ... which are not listed as required ports for A2OA Server.

As I have learned from recent frustrating experience, if any of the required ports are not manually forwarded from server to internet, this can stop the server from being visible to players or stop players from connecting.

Ports and ranges you need to have open for a dedicated server:

2300-2400, 8766, 27016, 47624, 28800-28900

Ports and ranges you need to have open for a dedicated server:

2300-2400, 8766, 27016, 47624, 28800-28900

any word what this ports are used for? any reference?

also if TCP, UDP or both is required?

asking because my server is seen in steam browser and i'm able to connect to it but get disconnected immediately ...

anyway, will try your recommendation as soon as i'm home.

ArmA2 server requires the following ports open to UDP network traffic. TCP is not needed.

port 2302 UDP ArmA2 game network communication.

port+1 2303 UDP Gamespy public server reporting.

port+3 2305 UDP Voice Over Net transmission.

8766 UDP Steam Port

27016 UDP Steam Query Port

47624 TCP/UDP (Direct Play Server) Does initial negotiation between client and server if I remember correctly

28800-28900 UDP Don't remember what these are for.

I am upset, really upset.

To change so many things that are quite essential for running game servers (ports, UIDs, squad.xml paths etc.) without any documentation... leaves me just wondering.

Can anybody tell me why it is no longer possible to insert the squad.xml path?

Will that be fixed?

Regarding the ports: I think I found out that the steamqueryport is game port + 1 (atleast when I changed that in my game servers config files the servers were listed in the game browser and visible for Gametracker again).