Sign in to follow this  
POLPOX

POLPOX's Additional Truck Colors Addon

Warning:This thread includes my very bad English

POLPOX'S ADDITIONAL TRUCK COLORS

a0314132_19332944.png

Features

This addon adds 8 colors for civilian truck.

Colors are

• White(by BI)
  • Red(by BI)
  • Light Blue
  • Blue
  • Light Green
  • Green
  • Light Yellow
  • Yellow(Orange)
  • Grey
  • Black

Version History

• V 1.1
    *Fix:Some textures (by Brainbug)
  • V 1.1
    +Add:Tank Textures and Box Textures(Thanks Brainbug!)
    *Fix:Some scripts
  • V 1.0
    Release

Download

Here.(My Google Drive)

Edited by POLPOX

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@plp_truckcolors.png

@ POLPOX;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Not sure how you did this, but can't this be achived by script?

The addon version is fine, I am just curious, since I know you can somehow set heli textures and other vehicle texture colors through some command, did you just make an addon that does that and adds new units with them?

Not sure how you did this, but can't this be achieved by script?

The addon version is fine, I am just curious, since I know you can somehow set heli textures and other vehicle texture colors through some command, did you just make an addon that does that and adds new units with them?

I recently tried to do the color for several vehicles but i could not get any of the civilian ones to change. Only faction specific textures would change when you use the initialization field command: this setObjectTexture [0, "\pboname\texture.paa"]; to point to another texture that's in the game or in your mission folder. I too am curious how this was accomplished.

@MikeTim: This addon is needed because it brings new textures that are not in game (well, technically they are just recolored but not really "new" in a sense that they would be painted completely new from scratch, but let's just say they are different files), but it also has a script that will assign them randomly to the default trucks. That comes in quite handy for already existing missions or for addons like TPW that spawn trucks automatically. Of course if a mission maker wants to use specifically one certain texture, he can use the setObjectTexture command as described above (or the relatively new setObjectTextureGlobal as in the script, depends on his needs).

but i could not get any of the civilian ones to change. Only faction specific textures would change
hmm, usually you can change every object's texture when it has a hidden selection defined. So maybe you just made a small typo or something like that that would explain why it didn't work for you.

@MikeTim: Mr.Brainbug said everything I want to say. I thought truck colors are very few, so I made this addon.

@snakeeyez503: Did you delay the code? You need to change the color of civilian vehicle, after default init script changes the color. Do setObjectTexture in a trigger or delayed init script like this:

_nil = this spawn {sleep 0.001 ; _this setObjectTexture [0,[i](Name of texture)[/i]]} ;

@POLPOX, I've got the idea to create a few more textures for fuel trucks, with company logos/colors (Shell, BP, Hellenic Petroleum and a Chinese one). I'd be happy if you like them and incorporate them into your addon (I don't want to just make a new one because you had the idea and thus you should keep managing it).

Here, take a look (this is the complete addon, as I had to change your script a little to assign the front parts to the aft parts properly): https://www.sendspace.com/file/ijgqwn

awelx7ne.jpg d3g9fuie.jpg rlvk84an.jpg k4g3rfeh.jpg

Edited by Brainbug

@POLPOX, I've got the idea to create a few more textures for fuel trucks, with company logos/colors (Shell, BP, Hellenic Petroleum and a Chinese one). I'd be happy if you like them and incorporate them into your addon (I don't want to just make a new one because you had the idea and thus you should keep managing it).

Here, take a look (this is the complete addon, as I had to change your script a little to assign the front parts to the aft parts properly): https://www.sendspace.com/file/ijgqwn

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140630/temp/awelx7ne.jpg http://s7.directupload.net/images/140630/temp/d3g9fuie.jpg http://s1.directupload.net/images/140630/temp/rlvk84an.jpg http://s7.directupload.net/images/140630/temp/k4g3rfeh.jpg

Pretty cool, nice work. Can you do one with the BIS fuel company that's got the gas stations around the island?

great idea man, why didn't I get that already? here you go:

arma3-2014-07-01-03-21-56-97.jpg

and updated the link from my post above: https://www.sendspace.com/file/oc6zfh

Again, sorry for kind of hijacking your thread, POLPOX, I just hope you will merge this into your addon.

@Brainbug: OMG, your painting skill is very awesome! I like it, and I will add it to my addon. In the future, I want to implemente colored and painted container (w. black one), but the default black container is freakin difficult to edit color. When I make white container, could you please make painted containers for me?

sure, easy thing as it is only a square box (i.e. no distortions that have to be ironed out tediously), I'm already on it. But I'm afraid the texture has mirrored sides, which would make any letters, numbers etc. impossible, so don't think about that. Have to keep it to side-symmetric logos, stripes etc.

oh, and you could also add a few config lines to replace the guerrilla truck textures so that the makeshift camo is used on both parts, not have a camo'd box or gas tank with a red driver cabin and vice versa.

EDIT: sent you a few textures via pm.

Edited by Brainbug

Updated!

Changelog:

• +Add:Tank Textures and Box Textures(Thanks Brainbug!)
  • *Fix:Some scripts

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

would be good if you sign your addon so people can use it on servers.

I updated!

Changelog:

*Fix:Some textures (by Brainbug)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===========================================

PS: Is it ok we call this version 1.2? Cause your previous release was already 1.1 amd having two might confuse the users.

Also, the pbo has some weird name like "@plp_truckColors.zip.pbo", not sure if it works so maybe you can double check?