Sign in to follow this  
spanishsurfer

BIS' New Game Launcher

Just wondering does the launcher allow for placement of mods in a different drive ?

If for example I have a small SSD for arma but use a separate drive for all mods because of space would the launcher allow this ?

Hello everyone, i've a problem with a new Launcher made in BIS, i want to specify that i am online with steam, please watch the images...

http://i.imgur.com/zH8ewPU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ewE5mYm.jpg

suggestions???

Install:

Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 - x86

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Just wondering does the launcher allow for placement of mods in a different drive ?

If for example I have a small SSD for arma but use a separate drive for all mods because of space would the launcher allow this ?

This would be really great!

Have we confirmed that it would not be detrimental to have the game running on a different drive than the mods are being pulled from...or how does that factor in if at all?

Have we confirmed that it would not be detrimental to have the game running on a different drive than the mods are being pulled from...or how does that factor in if at all?

I already ran like that with arma2 mods in the past I had arma2 on ssd and all mods on hdd I saw no detrimental effects.

Maybe this has altered with Arma3 who knows :)

I used arma2 launcher by spirited machine at the time.

I would be curious to see an experiment where we take a list of servers that have a fair amount of mods running and see which methods work the smoothest.

The 3 options are pws, armasync, and bislauncher (cant think of a better abbreviation).

We are lucky to have all these options and I am thankful for the hard work people have put on these but I really feel we need more of a consensus or convention that servers and users can use that consistently works.

As a side note, one reason why ACE made Arma2 so great was it kind of made a standard or convention out of a group of mods that alot of servers ran in a uniform way.

I would be curious to see an experiment where we take a list of servers that have a fair amount of mods running and see which methods work the smoothest.

The 3 options are pws, armasync, and bislauncher (cant think of a better abbreviation).

We are lucky to have all these options and I am thankful for the hard work people have put on these but I really feel we need more of a consensus or convention that servers and users can use that consistently works.

As a side note, one reason why ACE made Arma2 so great was it kind of made a standard or convention out of a group of mods that alot of servers ran in a uniform way.

The thing is that there is no convention in the way people play. To sum up we have people who play on public servers and others who play on private servers along with a team. ArmA3Sync addresses foremost the second category. Team players tipically want to be able to host there own (private) addons, in specific version. They want control over the update process and ensure their player base will match the mission requirement at D day.

So far as I understand, BIS Launcher intend to deserve the first category. For these guys, being able to grap the last available update of a given addon is the foremost priority.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Yer Hicks I agree with you about ACE. You only need to look at how many weapon rest mods/Medical Mods there are already.

Well at least according to one guys sig on the forums ACE3 does exist. :) happy days

I already ran like that with arma2 mods in the past I had arma2 on ssd and all mods on hdd I saw no detrimental effects.

Maybe this has altered with Arma3 who knows :)

I used arma2 launcher by spirited machine at the time.

Same here, even with spirited machine launcher. :D

Atm I need to have my mods into the A3 main folder with an @ in front.

The workshop in steam loads mods in that folder too, so its easy to find for the A3 launcher.

And the A3 launcher checks workshopmods for updates thats cool btw.

At least i just miss one thing, to be able to mark mods in the A3 launcher cause typing the mods names in isnt really handy.

On the other side its a good thing to have workshop/updates/launcher connected this way.

When is this gonna`be fixed.If I run .Net 4.5 ,should i run Redis. 2012 update 4 too?

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Have you logged into Steam Workshop? If you got mods,it may refuse to let you online,sence you haven`t dowloaded required mods at servers you tried before (favorites).It probably can`t access stuff without it.

Try to Log Out and then in again.Exit game .Restart.

It can be that they haven`t updated that part yet.They just needed people to tell them if it worked somewhat before they tried something.

This will most certainly work by the end of the week....you will see.

BIS, any plans/progress on allowing the launcher to auto-download the mods that a server is hosting?

This will take many months to get done ..

Funny translation, BIS. :D :D

launchertranslation_zpscfa5f855.jpg

Read: "Please continue ending Arma 3 with the carrier rocket."

FPDR

(Btw, thanks for the new patch! :) )

Edited by Undeceived

Funny translation, BIS. :D :D

Yeah, I immediately set the language to English after i saw the "quality" of the translation.

Perhaps I'm having a stupid day, but how do I get addons into the addons tab of the launcher?

Try HRTZARMA addon luncher.Install into that and it will make the addons show up when you start the game .Then restart and the game is ready.It will show up in the Addons Tab.

Try Play with Six too.

Or make a extra folder with "@mods"in the name,add the mods to it in "My Documents" or make a "@mods" folder directly in A3 folder in Steam.

How can you define profile path in 1.26 launcher?

Perhaps I'm having a stupid day, but how do I get addons into the addons tab of the launcher?

I'm having the same problem.

I had mods in there earlier today but I subscribed to a few and now the list is empty. I've tried restarting steam and unsubscribing from some but I can't get it to work. Anyone know of a fix to this?

I'm having the same problem.

Me, too. The value of the official launcher right now is 0 but I'd very much like to use it some day.

Me, too. The value of the official launcher right now is 0 but I'd very much like to use it some day.

Yep...still waiting. :(