Sign in to follow this  
levrex

Task Force Arrowhead Radio for ArmA-II CO

I'd like to announce the release of TFAR for ArmA-II: Combined Operations, version RC4.

Info:

This is a port of Task Force Radio (ArmA-III) to ArmA-II: CO. It requires @CBA_CO addon.

It runs on TeamSpeak 3.0.16 and older (till 3.0.11). It requires beta patch no less than 1.62.103718 to work properly, otherwise you sometimes won't hear players in vehicles and encounter other errors.

Currently it requires plugin version no less than 0.9.7 to work. Plugins are 100% compatible with ArmA3 plugins.

Having @ACE addon is very preferable, otherwise you will encounter different errors. You can play without it, though, but make sure to delete task_force_ace_radios.pbo and .bisign then.

Installation:

If you already had @TFAR_CO installed (if not, skip first two steps):

1) Delete the old addon folder (or the content of @TFAR_CO\addons and @TFAR_CO\keys folders).

2) Remove old keys (TFA2_cfolks_rc4.bikey and TFA2_rc.bikey, and probably some sixupdater key too) from your arma 2 operation arrowhead\Keys folder.

Common steps:

1) Unpack the archive in game folder. There should be a @TFAR_CO folder now.

2) Go to @TFAR_CO, copy "Keys" and "userconfig" folders to the game folder.

3) Copy the TeamSpeak 3\plugins folder to your TeamSpeak 3 core folder. If you already have an actual version of TF Radio for ArmA-III installed, you can skip this step and the one following it, as the plugins are totally compatible.

4) If you have TS3 older than 3.0.14 (for example, 3.0.11), replace the plugins (task_force_radio_win32.dll and task_force_radio_win64.dll) with the plugins in "plugins for old TeamSpeak" folder after you complete the previous step.

5) If you wish, change plugin sounds by copying the contents of "old" or "new" folder to the main one.

6) Add @TFAR_CO to the launcher (or in enabled mods, if you run ArmA2 via Steam). Preferably, it should be in the very end of the mod queue.

7) Open "arma 2 operation arrowhead\userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp", make changes according to your preferences and using the provided keyboard layout.

The download link can be found here:

http://yadi.sk/d/cdXj_n9eRvYmQ

Some images:

The documentation and pictures with explanation are included in the mod folder.

ArmaHolic Link (old version, with more pictures):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25865

Test mission including all available radios and some vehicle radios too (10 slots, 3 sides):

http://yadi.sk/d/GHcpBn7VSGJoX

The original add-on and also the general idea of what it is:

Original site and documentation

Documentation on github

Task Force Arrowhead Radio (forum thread)

A2 version also includes new radios:

New radios (class - name - specifications):

tf_pd785 — Hytera PD-785 VHF/UHF Personal radio (range 5km, frequency range 30-512 MHz). Default encryption code — GUER. Replaces default GUER personal radio.

tf_dtr650 — Motorola DTR650 UHF Rifleman Radio (2km, 30-512 MHz). Default encryption code — GUER. Replaces default GUER rifleman radio.

tf_gm380 — Motorola GM380 Long Range Radio (20km, 30-87 MHz). Default encryption code — GUER. Replaces default GUER Long-range radio.

tf_r55 — Granit/Svyaz R-55 Personal Radio (5km, 30-512 MHz). Default encryption code — OPFOR. Replaces default OPFOR personal radio, which originally was FADAK.

ACE radio classes supported:

ACE_P159_RD54 (also ACE_P168_RD90) — R-168-5UNE-2 Long Range Radio (20km, 30-87 MHz). Default encryption code — OPFOR. Replaces default OPFOR Manpack radio.

ACE_PRC119 (also ACE_PRC119_MAR, ACE_PRC119_ACU) — AN/PRC-117F SINCGARS LR Radio (20km, 30-87 MHz). Default encryption code — BLUFOR.

Changelog:

rc4 (EN):

- Fixed that a TFAR hint did not disappear after death in case the player was talking on the radio in that sad moment.

- German and Turkish language support.

- Fixes and changes from 0.9.3 — 0.9.7 (A3 mod) added, most notably speakers function addition. Now you can put the radio in a vehicle's trunk or under the bush, and it would still (probably) keep you and everybody nearby informed on the situation.

- AN/ARC-210, AN/ARC-164: changed some buttons.

- MR-6000L: use square red button to switch between speakers and earphones.

- AN/PRC-152: use the top knob to switch between speakers and earphones. Use 9 button to set current channel as additional.

- FADAK: the same as above (in this case, use the previously mentioned "top silver pin").

- AN/PRC-148: for the same purpose, use the GR button.

- R-55, PD-785, GM-380: speakers/earphones — asterisk button.

- Fixed «Drop ruck» ACE-2 function. Now the manpack's model will be displayed properly.

- New dialogs for AN/PRC-154, RF-7800STR, PNR-1000A. Those radios also can be programmed by means of a little gadget called tf_microdagr. Night versions included.

- New dialogs for manpack radios AN/PRC-155 and RT-1523G. Night versions included too.

- New button sounds.

- Test mission finally made it to the archive. Let's praise that poor piece of .pbo.

=======

rc3 (EN):

- Fixed an error with fn_getFactions.sqf, which popped up on mission start if certain ArmA-2 modules were included.

- Fixed coop_channel. Now it works properly, and you can also write down the channel name and password in init.sqf to move different sides or even certain players (slots) in different channels.

- Fixed "pictureStaticObject not found" issue when using A.C.E.-2 AN/PRC-117f radio interface.

- AN/PRC-148: the volume is now changed by a black knob on top of the radio (the middle one). Additional channel is now on MODE button. GR button does not do anything.

- FADAK: numpad also works now. You can use it to switch channels. 9 sets additional channel as well as the top pin.

- AN/PRC-152: the same as above.

- New sounds for knobs (a.k.a. "those switcher things").

- Added a function to show the channel in which the marker would be placed. The channel is also logged now, as well as the player's side.

- Fixed the error in function for getting radio settings when the player is a civilian.

- Rotating volume knobs on R-55 and PD-785.

- Fixed the wrong info in server config. If tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0, then players WOULD receive LR radios.

- Changed encoding of documentation files to UTF-8 as to make them readable on all systems.

- Added a .pbo which fixes several ACE function errors. File name is ace_163_fix.pbo. If you don't have ACE or CBA nor plan to install them, you should delete it as well as the task_force_ace_radios.pbo and corresponding .bisign files.

=======

rc2 (EN):

- fixed Granit display text size.

- fixed «stuck» SW transmitting if you release the tangent while holding any of the modifier keys (shift, ctrl, alt) without those modifiers enabled.

- Default GUER rifleman radio changed from AN/PRC-154 to DTR-650.

- Default GUER personal radio changed from AN/PRC-148 to PD-785.

- Default GUER long-range radio changed from AN/PRC-155 to GM-380.

- Tweaked class inheritance tree for BM-21 to prevent unnecessary logging.

- ACE R-168-5UNE-2: now СРД button (first row from the right, the topmost) works as intended by constructors, i. e. clears ALL the radio settings in one push, not limited to the frequency of the current channel. "Clears" means «sets to factory values», though it also selects the random channel to prevent the enemy about to capture it from figuring out on which channel the player was.

- Test mission added.

- DTR-650: added button for changing stereo and button for switching to 1st channel (small power on button).

- R-55: now use that switcher thing for changing volume, which is located on top of the radio, near antenna.

- R-55 and PD-785: stereo settings are now changed by a button 0 (zero). Hash and asterisk (star) buttons are no longer functioning.

- Fixes from 0.9.2 (A3 mod) added.

- New server-side vars added for controlling serious mode for non-TVT, check userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp.

- Support of newer plugin versions added.

- Fixed documentation (note the graphic manuals for new radios in Pics folder).

- Some factions use their own radios, see below:

Takistani Army:

— Rifleman Radio = "tf_pnr1000a";

— Personal Radio = "tf_fadak";

— Long Range = "tf_mr3000";

Takistani Insurgents:

— Rifleman Radio = "tf_dtr650";

— Personal Radio = "tf_anprc148jem";

— Long Range = "tf_mr3000";

UN:

— Rifleman Radio = "tf_anprc154";

— Long Range = "tf_anprc155";

Takistani civilians:

— Personal Radio = "tf_pd785";

BAF:

CDF:

Germany:

— Rifleman Radio = "tf_dtr650";

— Long Range = "tf_gm380";

Edited by Levrex

Thank you.

===

BTW, forgot to mention one more change, it's that the sound gets very low when you get heavily wounded in ACE, so unconscious players in ACE will hear others in low volume and their direct speech would be barely audible (players cannot use radio while lying half-unconscious). This is a test feature and, maybe, would be changed after some testing on loaded server. I'd like to hear the users' opinions about this too.

Thanks a lot! What a pleasant surprise :)

Manual of the Module?

I found it!

Edited by classic

Just to report that LR radios are still graphically broken with the latest version of the mod.

I'll probably add the WWII ruck models (as different radios) which Avgvstvs provided in the next release, but i still need the modern models made for ArmA-2...

Modelling is not my thing at all, so it's impossible i would be able to make them in visible future.

By the way, the current changelog after RC2 is:

- Fixed an error with fn_getFactions.sqf, which popped up on mission start if certain ArmA-2 modules were included.

- Fixed coop_channel. Now it works properly, and you can also write down the channel name and password in init.sqf to move different sides or even certain players (slots) in different TeamSpeak channels.

Edited by Levrex

Can you make ACE and non-ACE version pls?

Thanks for this port :pc:

Can i prevent the backpack radio from spawning on players back at mission start?

Yes you can.

On how to do this, read the ReadMe and userconfig (radio_keys.hpp).

Yes you can.

On how to do this, read the ReadMe and userconfig (radio_keys.hpp).

Well readme i got with mod download is in cirilic and this readme Doesnt cover the topic.

Thank you

It seems NKey isn't gonna release the next version any time soon, so i'm updating the ArmA-II version.

I'll wait till tomorrow though, 'cause there are some things that are still undecided.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's possible to switch channels in spectator without modifying the plugin.

Changes as of now:

rc3 (EN):

- Fixed coop_channel. Now it works properly, and you can also write down the channel name and password in init.sqf to move different sides or even certain players (slots) in different channels.

- Fixed "pictureStaticObject not found" issue when using A.C.E.-2 AN/PRC-117f radio interface.

- AN/PRC-148: the volume is now changed by a black knob on top of the radio (the middle one). Additional channel is now on MODE button. GR button does not do anything.

- FADAK: numpad also works now. You can use it to switch channels. 9 sets additional channel as well as the top pin.

- Added a function to show the channel in which the marker would be placed. The channel is also logged now, as well as the player's side.

- Fixed the error in function for getting radio settings when the player is a civilian.

Download Link (the same):

http://yadi.sk/d/cdXj_n9eRvYmQ

rc3 (EN):

- AN/PRC-152: the same as above.

- Rotating volume knobs on R-55 and PD-785.

- Fixed the wrong info in server config. If tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0, then players WOULD receive LR radios.

- Changed encoding of documentation files to UTF-8 as to make them readable on all systems.

- Added a .pbo which fixes several ACE function errors. File name is ace_163_fix.pbo. If you don't have ACE or CBA nor plan to install them, you should delete it as well as the task_force_ace_radios.pbo and corresponding .bisign files.

Edited by Levrex

Yes one of my friend who had TFAR_CO working does have problems with it lately, And two guys for who i just instaled the mod has the same problem.

They have the plugin in TS up and running, TFAR ingame is running, but Teamspeak shows TFAR as not connected and not playing, even if they are in game, and they cannot use it.

They can see the radios, they get the TFAR backpack radio automaticly added upon login, but they cannot speak. No one hears themon radio and no one hears them when the just speak withou radio either.

I have the same problem as you did levrex. I saw the two fixes you posted on the Arma III TFAR thread.

I can not do the first fix (system restore) as I haven't made any (fairly new computer).

When I try to do the second fix (run one of the two files you listed) I am confused as to what I am supposed to do. I navigate to the files and run them. I tried running both and then launching, as well as only running one and then launching. This has had no effect.

Am I supposed to run one of those files a different way? All they do when I click them is they open up command prompt for less than 1 second and then close.

I am running windows 7 and using play with six for my mods. I have two friends that can connect to the server and everything works just fine for them, so it is clearly something on my end.

Thanks in advance!

Jufari

Works fine for our Coop-missions.

Is it right that unconscious soldiers can still speak? The can't use the radio anymore, but they can still speak while being unconscious.

(Note: ACE2)

Mirek and Jufari, try these one-by-one and tell the result of each method:

1) Start >> Run. Input:

regsvr32 "(enter the address to arma2OA folder here)\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@TFAR_CO\task_force_radio_pipe.dll"

2) If the first one did not help, launch the game, then kill BE service in Task Manager and restart it manually (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye\BEService_arma2oa.exe, run with admin rights), and then connect to any server with BE enabled. See if it works.

3) If you can, roll back windows state to before 07th of October and don't install any windows-related updates. Let the BattlEye update, and it probably should be fine now.

4) I think this is going really too far, so do it only if you have nothing to lose and are dying to get TFAR working right now. Try to do a repair install or completely reinstall your system.

Anyway, Bastian (BattlEye developer) says that he'll release a fix ASAP, so you can just chill for a bit (probably it won't take too long, a week or two in the worst case). I suppose he found out the cause.

Is it right that unconscious soldiers can still speak? The can't use the radio anymore, but they can still speak while being unconscious.

(Note: ACE2)

I actually wonder if it should be disabled.

Thanks for the response Levrex! Here are the results:

1) My mods are not located in the arma II OA root folder (I think it is because I use play with six). They are located in my "my documents" folder. This has never been a problem so I doubt it is now, but I figure it can't hurt to let you know.

I get the following results when I did this. This is the error I get.

2) When I restarted my BE service, it is worth noting that all that happens is a command prompt window pops up and then disappears less than 1 second later. Also, when I checked my task manager after manually running BE service, it is not listed. Anyway, when I try to join a server my game closes and this happens. This is what happens when my game closes. It is there for about 5-10 seconds. Then my game restarts itself and when I join a server with TRF radio installed, it continues to give me the same problem you were getting a couple of days ago.

3) Unfortunately I don't have anyway of rolling it back that I know of. However, while writing this post I found out that apparently there is a way to uninstall select windows updates. I'm going to uninstall the updates that you listed on the ArmA III mod thread and edit this post with the results.

EDIT: Okay, I uninstalled KB3001554 (update for Win7 x64), weighing 417 KB, and then I went to look for Windows Defender update KB915597 (Definition 1.185.2784.0), weighing 279 KB, and I could not find it. I tried launching the game after I uninstalled the first update listed, and I am still getting the same error.

4) While this would probably work, I don't want to do this. I have too much stuff on my computer and no where to back it up. If it comes to this, I would rather just wait until a BattlEye developer releases a fix :p

Thanks again for the response!

Jufari

Edited by Jufari