Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?  

649 members have voted

1. 1. What feature/fix would you like to see worked on next in ArmA 3?

• Damage Modeling (Body armor, Shrapnel Simulation, ect)
    • Sound
    • AI
    • Medical Systems
    • FPS/Performance
    • Vehicle Simulation (Interiors, Driving Models)
    • Editor/Zeus
    • Modding Tools

Just a quick poll to see what the most popular wanted feature/fix for ArmA 3 is, because I was curious and think it would be beneficial for BI to see what their fanbase wants the most.

I have picked from what I believe to be the most requested or talked about features/fixes, and I have also excluded anything that we already know BI is putting lots of effort into (i.e DLC's)

So feel free to vote for whatever feature/fix you feel is most important to you, and feel free to discuss why you think that feature/fix is best in this thread.

All of them except for DLC's to be honest. Sound is what I chose just because every gun sounds exactly the same as the next. All AR's sound the same as other AR's. Pistols sound the same as other pistols. Etc, etc.

It ruins my immersion because I can't distinguish friendly and enemy fire as the AI tends to use different weapons than us.

Oculus Rift support (+ FPS/Performance as part of this).

Edited by Mandrake

since they are working atm on fps/performance, i choose AI

they should fix their bugs first and get the actual thing working before working on new things...

but the problem is these BI guys cant focus on their target... they need to fall out on this and that and make other stuff inbetween...

just like dean"mountain"hall

who was climbing on silly-hill instead of working on his project...

then he retreated so he has more time to swing from tree to tree like tarzan

real crazy guys at bohemia interactive... ;)

Without question Sound. Being in a city gunfight and just hearing jarring gunshots with little sense of direction or occlusion is the biggest immersion breaker for me. Used to be AI but with some current mods their getting pretty damn good.

Sound (despite the awesomeness of the many soundmods)

Medical

Interface\Commands (scroll menu, interaction, weapon selection, !!!!SQUAD COMMANDING!!!! etc)

Weapon systems (radar, tab lock, removal of the 2D square lock)

Flying\Driving AI

I picked damage model, even if I would like to see something like sound because JSRS fills that gap for me (and I play on some servers with JSRS.) It's pretty annoying to drop some HE stuff on dudes and they're fine because shrapnel isn't a thing.

AI thrice:

- driving; not sure, if anything else awaits so long for so needed attention so vainly. Currently statistically seems only matter of time to get all AI vehicles wandering across the map stuck permanently on something. Proper road traffic/convoys come next. It was tragic in towns, last time I checked. Circus of absurd. Then - proper combat maneuvering (cover, armored front toward enemy etc.).

- access from script level to everything, so scripter could take full control over any chosen aspect of AI to tweak it efficiently instead of wasting time for annoying struggle with stubborn AIs. This comes with full documentation of AI algorithms.

- overall (spotting, shooting, behaviour in various circumstancies), to make it more human-like. Currently in some situations and aspects AI is inhumanly stupid or inhumanly skilled. And some expected human-like behaviours are just lacking.

they should fix their bugs first and get the actual thing working before working on new things...

Indeed.

but the problem is these BI guys cant focus on their target... they need to fall out on this and that and make other stuff inbetween...

Seems so.

Edited by Rydygier

I assumed Net Code would be the number 1 concern of the community seeing as it affects most of us. Get within 5ft of an enemy and my frame rate plummets and my aiming is like I'm dazed and can't hold my aim steady. This is not a simulation of anything in real life. It's simply bad decision to build a game on a 10 year old engine and thinking it will be ok to do so.

Definitely a proper Damage Modelling. They (BIS) had more than 15 years to develop it and they still didn´t, and we´re still crawling with that same lame hitpoints flawed system; its not a top selling feature after all, is it... So, this and a proper medical system are the 2 features that should have been in the series since the beginning.

Definitely a proper Damage Modelling. They (BIS) had more than 15 years to develop it and they still didn´t, and we´re still crawling with that same lame hitpoints flawed system; its not a top selling feature after all, is it... So, this and a proper medical system are the 2 features that should have been in the series since the beginning.

The third that I would add on top of your list is removal of Action menu, supplemented with either Keys, or another design of command menu.

All the things.

I really don't know if I can choose one. I guess if BIS were to only perfect one thing I would want it to be the ai. Vvehicle simulation and editor would be last on my list. Sound as well, but only because there are/going to be great mods that improve the sound greatly.

I'm on the Singleplayer and when I shoot the AI, they do a retard twitch. I don't get it.

All of the points in the poll. But top priority should be netcode and sound for the programmers and DLC content for the designers/art (and looks like that is what they do).

FPS/Performance for me, Optimization is very good in solo, but I find that there's still some work to do on server optimization. :)

I picked damage model, even if I would like to see something like sound because JSRS fills that gap for me (and I play on some servers with JSRS.) It's pretty annoying to drop some HE stuff on dudes and they're fine because shrapnel isn't a thing.

Shrapnel is only a thing with Bouncing Betty. (Bounding Mines). I killed an entire squad with just 1. One stepped too close, an the other was a few meters down the hill. This was in Multiplayer.

What i would like to see worked on next, is features, and engine improvements. I want to see something visually improved, or entirely new. Something that looks good in the RV 4 engine. I voted for sound, because it's not hard to produce some AMAZING effects in a short amount of time, that could make the sound system sound 10 times more complex when it's really not. It adds realism.

^^ all the things, but it comes down to BIS priorities. There are gaps in sound that would be great to be filled, and AI needs major loving.

Providing further tools to the community (some kind of animation maker, Visitor 4, ability to deform terrain) would be great but I know that a lot of things are not possible due to the age of the RV engine.

^^ all the things, but it comes down to BIS priorities. There are gaps in sound that would be great to be filled, and AI needs major loving.

Providing further tools to the community (some kind of animation maker, Visitor 4, ability to deform terrain) would be great but I know that a lot of things are not possible due to the age of the RV engine.

It just occurred to me something... BIS has priorities yeah, and limited man power. But what if a new community mod makers, who do nothing short of High Quality work were to create things, including improvements to AI, sound, and event fitting content, for literally free, just so that not only they can be happy, but all of the community because it adds something BIS could enhance and benefit the Engine, and features as a whole? I mean, i know if i had the ability to mod, i would send them my work for free just to make the game better. Just a random thought.

I know that a lot of things are not possible due to the age of the RV engine.

I think the age is not a factor that limits possibilities. A lot of engines are old but still up-to-date. That is one of the key element of OO-languages like C++: Being able to exchange old code with new one and keep everything up-to-date.

The biggest factor that limits the possibilities of the RV engine is workload, time and money.

Sound, Realism, Medical, DMG Model. Acutally a bit of all mentioned.

Also the reason why I'am still with A2:OA + ACE/JSRS

Visitor 4

Do You happen to know that the Terrain Builder, successor of Visitor, has been already released in the same version our map artists use for creating the maps (even Altis has been created using this tool)? :icon_twisted:

Better FPS and AI would be nice. But for me, I'd like Zeus to get some polish. It's still quite buggy and the editor is a nightmare to navigate. Just some simple fixes like a favourites list, toggle unit/vehicle lights, key binds for remote control etc. Maybe even a way for people save/share small camps or setups.

DAMN IT! I WANT ALL OF THEM! (except zeuz)

Individual request: Can we talk about having an ACTUAL plane simulation? either for a new game that will make a way into the next arma or for an expantion pack?

Do You happen to know that the Terrain Builder, successor of Visitor, has been already released in the same version our map artists use for creating the maps (even Altis has been created using this tool)? :icon_twisted:

You created Altis without the beeing able to select terrainvertices under shape and merge shapes/polylines? I doubt that. Those features are broken in the current TB release (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18142).

Also we need a "Smooth"-brush in TB!!!