laxemann

Laxemann's "Enhanced Soundscape" (L_ES) - Gun reverb and echo based on terrain

Lax, been rocking the mod quite a bit yesterday and love the echo effects, very immersive.

I did find however that during big firefights it got a little out of hand, with some less than pleasant effects building up..

Would it possible to...

A) lower the effect slightly when there is more than say 3 or 4 projectiles in the air at any one time,

B)Attenuate the volume created, sometimes it all just felt too loud, not subtle enough

Looking forward to seeing how this develops

SJ

I had a go with this last night, sounds really good, great work.

I would suggest that perhaps the mortars sounded a little loud though - when my friend was firing one, the echo sounded almost as loud as across the valley as from a rifle shot... If this was intended then never mind, just thought I'd point it out...

I had a go with this last night, sounds really good, great work.

I would suggest that perhaps the mortars sounded a little loud though - when my friend was firing one, the echo sounded almost as loud as across the valley as from a rifle shot... If this was intended then never mind, just thought I'd point it out...

I didn't do a mortar soundset yet so what you heard was the soundset for rifles with no own soundset, haha! :)

Lax, been rocking the mod quite a bit yesterday and love the echo effects, very immersive.

I did find however that during big firefights it got a little out of hand, with some less than pleasant effects building up..

Would it possible to...

A) lower the effect slightly when there is more than say 3 or 4 projectiles in the air at any one time,

B)Attenuate the volume created, sometimes it all just felt too loud, not subtle enough

Looking forward to seeing how this develops

SJ

Thank you very much for your quality feedback, mate!

May I ask which soundmod you used?

I'm currently having a hard time adjusting the volumes to sound "okey" with most soundmods.

While the Vanilla sounds are rather dull, making every reverb/echo very noticable, the JSRS3 sounds are very compressed and loud so that you can barely hear it.

Thanks for coming back Lax - I run no sounds mods.. Not until LJ's new one is ready.

Perhaps you need someway of identifying that and adjusting on map load - alternatively allow people to config it themselves ?

SJ

Thanks for coming back Lax - I run no sounds mods.. Not until LJ's new one is ready.

Perhaps you need someway of identifying that and adjusting on map load - alternatively allow people to config it themselves ?

SJ

Not possible, unfortunately, because the volumes are hardcoded in the config. ;/

мод проÑто Ñупер!!!! Ñ Ñ‡Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð» где то что jsrs будет иÑпользовать ваши разработки в плане Ñха.Ñкажите пожалуйÑта а на взрывы от ÑнарÑдов,гранат у Ð²Ð°Ñ ÐµÑÑ‚ÑŒ какие нибудь планы?ÑпаÑибо огромное за ваш труд!!!! извините не владею английÑким.

Edited by MONAX

your mod is just awesome !!!! I read somewhere that jsrs will use your design in terms of echo.please tell me, do you have any plans regarding shell, grenade explosions? thank you very much for your work !!!! sorry I don't speak English.

fixed fo ya!! :cool: next time use google translator at least, better than putting it this way.

Yes!I first did,but still the translation wants to be better!Not exactly, twisted turns out!I apologize for the inconvenience.

I just tested it out and there's some issues I've run into with your distance scripts.

1st clip, standard OPFOR troops firing at me from about 500 meters away, mostly just hearing my snaps and bullethits effects from SoS, not the actual gunfire which sounds really muffled. All other effects are JSRS btw, I just use SoS for bullet hits and snaps, not gunfire sounds.

2nd clip shows good reverb while standing near people firing

3rd shows good effects while further away, but the FPS hit on even a squad on squad firefight is massive. Without fraps it only averages about 20fps.

Video is still uploading.

Hey! Having some trouble - I installed through Six, all my mods are on one drive, and A3 is on another, this works fine most times - however i I am not able to run this mod, I get the error: include file "userconfig/laxemann/l_es.hpp" when i try to run the game.

I have put the userconfig folder in my root A3 folder to no avail, even renaming the folder (l_es) to laxemann to suit the error, again without luck. I tried to search for assistance without finding any hence me replying here. Any help will be much appreciated.

Solved. I was writing a response where I copy and pasted the root drives and i had a double x in laxemann :( Silly me. Thanks Hebrew, I wouldn't have spotted it so quickly without your reply !

EDIT: Nvm, I saw you already knew that PWS did something wrong with folder. :)

Great mod btw; we're looking into adding this to our collection as soon as Dragonfyre is out.

Edited by Barazin

Little heads-up:

I'm not at home until thursday, so no updates/anything till then - sawwy!

LAxe

If you have plans to add an echo to the explosions of shells and grenades?

Nope, sorry dude, too much of an additional performance hit :/

Will anything be done to address the volume issues or optimization?

It's a cool mod but a simple squad on squad encounter killed performance to only 20fps

Will anything be done to address the volume issues or optimization?

It's a cool mod but a simple squad on squad encounter killed performance to only 20fps

Hey dude,

I honestly can't quite "reproduce" it, with the latest version I got around 2-4 FPS less in large (more than squad vs squad) encounters.

We've been playing a 40+ mid-week session and I personally had no problems with the performance. (My rig can barely handle the new ukraine map, btw :P)

Also, the volumes sound ok to my ear with JSRS 2.2.

Can anyone confirm the problems that The Hebrew Hammer experiences?

Nothing that I've noticed in terms of performance hits. When things get hairy i still get down to about 20fps but thats because of how much stuff i have going on.

Btw Laxemann, i dunno if this is possible or not but something that does happen in real life when shooting in a wooded area the echo all but disappears no matter how the terrain is situated. Generally speaking trees tend to disperse the echo. Now if your in an open field the trees tend to reflect the sound back to you. I don't know if that's even possible to do within the confines of the game or what but its just an FYI.

Nothing that I've noticed in terms of performance hits. When things get hairy i still get down to about 20fps but thats because of how much stuff i have going on.

Btw Laxemann, i dunno if this is possible or not but something that does happen in real life when shooting in a wooded area the echo all but disappears no matter how the terrain is situated. Generally speaking trees tend to disperse the echo. Now if your in an open field the trees tend to reflect the sound back to you. I don't know if that's even possible to do within the confines of the game or what but its just an FYI.

Hey dude,

I actually wanted to do that but I have no clue how to check for the surrounding trees.

Nearestobjects just returns the classnames of pretty much everything and I can't filter it by the baseclass because... well, I don't know the base class :P

Could anyone help me with that?

Midnight Update Time!

Changelog:

0.15 - New soundsets: Mk20, Katiba, Mk200, Rahim - New urban soundset for heavy machineguns

Download (0.15)

I'm very happy about feedback regarding the volume levels. I'm currently testing with JSRS 2.2 and DFyre and I'm trying to find a good compromise.

Have fun! :)

LAxe

Midnight Download Time!

Will be checking that Mk200! Wish you die best of luck with all that testing, must be hard getting them perfectly even.

Bin using that for 2 days now on a server and some times it the mod seem to stop working and then picking up a gain bit so far it is dam cool when a lot of shooting is going on