h34dup

[SP/CAMP] Task Force 42 (RWO)

Anyone else having problems with audio volume on M3? For me, spoken lines are entirely silent, even orders and responses. Game sounds like engine noise and shots are extremely quiet, barely audible. Haven't had this problem in the first two missions, or any other campaigns.

Yes, i had the same problem, later on mission i found the Apache on totally other place...

Can you confirm if this was triggered bc the Apache was actually shot down or when the Apache seems to have gone away after the RTB radio msg?

Anyone else having problems with audio volume on M3? For me, spoken lines are entirely silent, even orders and responses. Game sounds like engine noise and shots are extremely quiet, barely audible. Haven't had this problem in the first two missions, or any other campaigns.

Sounds like a settings thing maybe, I've never run into it in my testing nor had it reported by anyone.

Can you confirm if this was triggered bc the Apache was actually shot down or when the Apache seems to have gone away after the RTB radio msg?

I called Apache for support, he fly away from me... then i saw new objective like Apache down or to save crew (i can remember what exactly...), and i saw blue marker on map. When i reach the marker, Apache wasn't there... later, going on with mission, i found Apache and crew on another place...

Seems like PwS doesn't move the tf42+.pbo to the campaigns-folder...?

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to generate a config.bin or config.cpp file for the addon they're hosting on PwS that would place the file into the Campaigns folder. For now, you can either try (have not confirmed this works yet) to add that .pbo to your OA install's Campaigns folder, or just download the Armaholic .pbo file and put it in that same Campaigns folder while using PwS to coordinate all the mods and launch the game.

I'll be sure to post an update once I get this figured out, but I'm not getting much help - if anyone can share some insight on writing this config file, that would be a big help!

In other news, I've investigated A3, AiA and A3MP, and sadly, I can't spend more than 15 minutes in there without closing it in frustration. I don't know when I'll be able to edit using Arma 3, but it clearly won't be any time soon, at least until we get some damn takistani models in-game and not a bunch of honorable but sadly homogenous unit reskins. That said, if I release anything in the near future, it will likely still be for A2/OA. I think A3 will have to be uninstalled until I get a real reason to give it another try.

I had those problems with M6...

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I'm playing M6:Endgame and i need to kill Black Shadow... Objective says that BS is located in that cave-filled area... I found only one, but it's empty... Any sugestions? ;)

For now, you can either try (have not confirmed this works yet) to add that .pbo to your OA install's Campaigns folder.

Worked fine for me! :)

This happened to me when I called for CAS, the Apache arrived but 30sec after that he was shooted down. I saw him falling because it was close to my squad. A new task appeared (Check Crash Site), I went to the crash site, there was the wreck BUT the marker wasn't there, It was on other place... (on the extreme corner)

PS: The apache wasn't going RTB. It was before I tell him to do that.

PS2: Same thing happened to me one time when I ask for MEDEVAC.

This happened to me when I called for CAS, the Apache arrived but 30sec after that he was shooted down. I saw him falling because it was close to my squad. A new task appeared (Check Crash Site), I went to the crash site, there was the wreck BUT the marker wasn't there, It was on other place... (on the extreme corner)

PS: The apache wasn't going RTB. It was before I tell him to do that.

PS2: Same thing happened to me one time when I ask for MEDEVAC.

Noted, thanks guys.

RCMW is looking into this as well, he will be taking the lead on a fix (since he authored the original scripts).

I am having trouble on M3, Long Patrol. I attacked the compound with the hostages in it with the Apache in support and successfully cleared it. But I can only find one of the hostages. I think there is supposed to be another one, but I can't find him/her. What are the locations of the hostages?

finished it, great campaign!

thanks for it headup!

Yeah huge problem, there isn't actually a campaign, I've done the hold folder thing I shoved it inside my Arma 2:OA directory and it didn't work. It just doesn't exist

Yeah huge problem, there isn't actually a campaign, I've done the hold folder thing I shoved it inside my Arma 2:OA directory and it didn't work. It just doesn't exist

Not sure what your issue is here, "hold folder thing"? Are you saying you don't have a Campaigns folder in your OA directory? If so, just create a new folder in there called "Campaigns" and drop it in. If you installed using Six, you'll need to just use that to download and manage your dependent addons -- go to Armaholic and grab the .pbo, then drop it into the above-described Campaigns folder.

Not sure what your issue is here, "hold folder thing"? Are you saying you don't have a Campaigns folder in your OA directory? If so, just create a new folder in there called "Campaigns" and drop it in. If you installed using Six, you'll need to just use that to download and manage your dependent addons -- go to Armaholic and grab the .pbo, then drop it into the above-described Campaigns folder.

The whole* folder thing sorry loosing my mind. In fact I have stuffed a campaign folder everywhere and nothing will work. If you could give me the exact name that would be lovely everyone always says the "OA Directory", I would assume that would just be C:Windows\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

The whole* folder thing sorry loosing my mind. In fact I have stuffed a campaign folder everywhere and nothing will work. If you could give me the exact name that would be lovely everyone always says the "OA Directory", I would assume that would just be C:Windows\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Yep, that's the correct path - you should create a Campaigns folder within that directory, then drop the .pbo file for the campaign into it. Once all the mods are in place (there are separate threads on proper mod management and installation if that's the issue), I use Arma II Launcher ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241 ) to get the mods together, then I create a shortcut for easy access from that point on. Fortunately, this doesn't sound like an issue with the campaign itself, meaning you should be able to get it working once you figure out what's causing it to not work, but on the flipside, unfortunately, there isn't much else we can do to help from here. Good luck and hope it gets working so you can enjoy!

I have exhumed Arma 2 just for this campaign! Thanks for your work.

+VoiceOfArmA just some bugs in Arma 2 by downloading mods your sure to get em, it should jusr play fine.

To the devs, I broke your campaign in 30 minutes.

+VoiceOfArmA just some bugs in Arma 2 by downloading mods your sure to get em, it should jusr play fine.

To the devs, I broke your campaign in 30 minutes.

Not surprising, RCMW and I prioritized release over stability, given the fact that it almost never made it to release due to real life obligations for both of us. Care to elaborate on what broke?

And +VoiceOfArmA, confirming Buhere is correct, both are non-critical bugs, I haven't seen the RH bug myself but the tpw_houselights is common when you revert to the main menu, for some reason it tries to build the menu cinematic using the island you were last playing on, I'm not sure if tpw_houselights is missing from the reshmaan release or if it's some kind of bug due to referencing an init that was just loaded in-game, but not in the menu.

Not really a stability bug, I was confused on the second mission on what to do and looked at my map, I saw the units tab and was able to switch over to the previous missions character and unable to switch back. Then I drove the SUV over to the base for no reason, oh and the course on the second mish doesn't work.

[/color]I'm playing M6:Endgame and i need to kill Black Shadow... Objective says that BS is located in that cave-filled area... I found only one, but it's empty... Any sugestions? ;)

I have same issue- have cleared all other operations, get to area on map where Black Shadow is supposed to be- killed about 6 or 8 armed dudes walking around but no Black Shadow. Didn't see any caves either.

So what did I write that was so bad that it was deleted? I showed NO spoilers and only showed my systems specs and asked about my problems with this campaign. Now this just gave me a bad taste and I truly did like these campaigns. Also english is my 2nd language but don't mistake me, I am fluent in it as it was my minor in university and in the US. I'm a female as so maybe I don't know the EXACT lingo here. But all I did was what everyone else is doing. NOTHING more. And I bet this will just be deleted as well. So I'm asking the Mission maker to PM me. If not no biggie I just won't play it as I said I got a bad taste from this. As this has happened before.

Moderators deleting posts with NO reasons why the last time was because many of the mods are also not english speakers so they misunderstand as well...Not whining just sick of it. I spent over a 100 bucks on Arma2 and 80 for Arma 3 in fact Ive bought for my kids all of BIs's games, Iron front, Take on helicopters and every single dlc for all these games. Great way to treat customers and I like this camp and again all I wanted was some help that's all. But getting sick of this.. And I hardly use this forum nor the internet. Check my profile. Sigh.. And I had a account here before but like I said I hardly use the web so I either forgot it and the pass or it was deactivated by the mods.

Edited by Sachiko

Spent some time looking around the area for black shadow- found two caves- no Black Shadow.

Has anyone finished the mission and found the Black Shadow? I will take a cheat on where to look for him...

Voiceofarma

Do you have a grid location of the underground cave? Ive only found two caves in large, above ground rock formations. One was about 20 meters from the map location point that said "Black Shadow" and the other was about 250 meters north west of the map point showing "Black Shadow".