Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Watch_Dogs

yeah gotta say they should of added them things in such as the loosing balance and starting up the car

This is just too much from Ubisoft, I think I´ll skip this

And those two videos you posted... Next Gen my Ass.... Edited by Tonci87

And to think I almost worked at a promotion event for that game...

I never knew "Next Gen" meant "new game that's not as technically advanced as the last generation and looks like it would run on my old PC but doesn't". And five collector's editions... that's a bit hardcore right at launch.

Especially for a totally new IP. And if you take a look you will notice that there isn´t a single Edition that has all the things......Incredible

Also as funny detail the special edition I got with new 3dcard, have the least of content. Standard is more special than the special. Not looking very groundbreaking game, but I hope the story and missions will be good.

Uhh huh.

So after testing six cards we immediately halted testing. The game was a mess, the results all over the place with many anomalies and offsets, Ultra Quality settings at Ultra HD would even use up to 6+ GB on the graphics memory. Ultra HD became a stutter-fest especially in-game at road at crossings and with cars passing by.

Concluding then, as much as we like games to stress graphics cards we are a little puzzled. Watch Dogs is not a game that looks mouth-watering good, I mean it is nice and all, but it is just that. To see graphics card struggle this much over graphics memory is weird to see. However if you use our guidelines then your frame-rate should remain very acceptable and the game playable whilst looking good. You will still run into the occasional stutters here and there as it is the nature of the game engine I'm afraid.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/watch_dogs_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,1.html

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Ubisoft propaganda drone strike? :p

HWxozoEl.jpg

Oh come on... those videos are insanely anal.

I'm sure someone could make a video showing tons of details WD has that IV doesn't.

The WD developers haven't been sitting and using GTA as a template to copy every detail.

Different game, different company and besides the first game in a new series. The GTA devs are notorious for their attention to tiny detail.

With that said WDs style is undeniably challenging GTA and oh man… I thought the graphics would be waaay nicer. What the hell happened?

I’ve totally been expecting this to be a 8 +/- 1 game though.

I was going to buy the big edition but then I started thinking and the only cool thing is the statue which is only cool if you really get into the game and the standard edition doesn’t really offer anything that interests me so I’m just going to pirate it and if it’s really good then maybe I’ll buy the inevitable Gold edition with all DLC.

Oh come on... those videos are insanely anal.

I'm sure someone could make a video showing tons of details WD has that IV doesn't.

The WD developers haven't been sitting and using GTA as a template to copy every detail.

Different game, different company and besides the first game in a new series. The GTA devs are notorious for their attention to tiny detail.

With that said WDs style is undeniably challenging GTA and oh man… I thought the graphics would be waaay nicer. What the hell happened?

I’ve totally been expecting this to be a 8 +/- 1 game though.

I was going to buy the big edition but then I started thinking and the only cool thing is the statue which is only cool if you really get into the game and the standard edition doesn’t really offer anything that interests me so I’m just going to pirate it and if it’s really good then maybe I’ll buy the inevitable Gold edition with all DLC.

You might be a "Authority on biology, computers, science and video games", but you sure as fuck can't read, because you just violated the BI Forums ToS by discussing warez and pirating.

You might be an Authority on biology, computers, science and video games, but you sure as fuck can't read, because you just violated the BI Forums ToS by discussing warez and pirating.

ROFLMFAO, one of the most pompous things I have ever seen on a forum and that's saying something ;)

@ Topic:

The game feels horribly muddy even with v-sync off.

I think we need some patching.

Edited by BangTail

@ Topic:

The game feels horribly muddy even with v-sync off.

I think we need some patching.

Yup, even after tweaking the settings file, with V-sync off and lowest max prerendered frames ahead the keyboard+mouse controls feel strange. Driving also feels a bit odd until you get used to it, feels much better with a controller tho. Performance also requires Arma style tweaking-until-you-get-it-right kind of things and surprisingly, borderless window seems to magically make the game run better for me.

But the game itself is really enjoyable for me. I like Splinter Cell, I like Assassins Creed, I like Ghost Recon and this game feels like a mix of all these.

Stealth mechanics are good and you can do your best impersonation of Sam Fisher. The character has the freerunning ability similar to the AC characters, but not to the same level of competence. You won't be scaling faces of buildings. I didn't use guns much, but as that video shows "every kill is a one shot kill", I can't say that's the truth. Maybe for civs, but I haven't shot at civs. Trying to not to be a menace. :D

Cover system is decent, I suppose it's most akin to the latest Splinter Cell game, Blacklist. I haven't tried the digital trips, but from what I've seen on YouTube, it's a nice way do do silly things in the game, without it affecting the games own "reality".

Ubi seems to have gone for "All these games exist in the same universe" type of thing, and that's really interesting to me. You'll hack a server and find someone playing one of the Abstergos games, you'll run into Abstergo employees, you'll see the guns from Splinter Cell/Ghost Recon, etc. I'm sure there are other nods to the other games.

All in all, I'm satisfied with my purchase. Sure there are technical things to iron out, but the game behind it is really appealing to me.

Review by Totalbiscuit

The game seems to be horribly optimized for PCs, along with many menus set up for controller usage it seems as if the claim that the PC was the lead platform was a lie. It is a console port, a horribly optimized one. And the graphics are not even near that what was shown at E3. If this is next gen then in a year the consoles will look very bad compared to PCs, and sadly they will slower the evoltion of game graphics for the next few years.

The game itself however seems to be good, with very interesting gameplay. Sadly the cars handle very arcadely. I really FPDR when he just rammed that Van out of the way and set it on fire with his sportscar and continued on drriving as if nothing happened.

Since Ubisoft will without a doubt release a shitload of DLC for this, I´ll wait until a proper Goty Edition is released.

EDIT:

Eurogamer gave it a 7 out of 10. Good game but not worth the hype

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-27-watch-dogs-review

Edited by Tonci87

... Good game but not worth the hype

Pretty much spot on from from TB, and yeah, hype is a dangerous thing.

As for comparisons with E3 2012, I thing the main difference is that the games ambience is a lot "brighter" now, there are more lights, bit more color, etc. Daylight and sun also makes the shine go away.

I went to watch the E3 2012 gamepaly video again, and I can honestly say I remember the video looking much, much more impressive than what I remember seeing.

Ubi seems to have gone for "All these games exist in the same universe" type of thing, and that's really interesting to me. You'll hack a server and find someone playing one of the Abstergos games, you'll run into Abstergo employees, you'll see the guns from Splinter Cell/Ghost Recon, etc. I'm sure there are other nods to the other games.
Which amusingly suggests that 4th Echelon and the Ghosts are all unwittingly working for the Templar agenda... and heck, HAWX began with a story mission where you flew in support of the Ghosts.

Curious thought: as bad as the PC version has been reported, how has it been received insofar as "living up to the hype" WRT consoles? I ask this more because I'm not sure how many of you know of Ubisoft's past... "tendencies"... when it comes to PC, so I admittedly suspect (as Tonci87 figured) that they focused on the PS4/Xbox One versions when building it.

I wouldn't expect a GOTY version, if only because Ubisoft doesn't seem to ever do those.

Which amusingly suggests that 4th Echelon and the Ghosts are all unwittingly working for the Templar agenda... and heck, HAWX began with a story mission where you flew in support of the Ghosts.

3rd Echelon going rogue could be a Templar manipulation, but I wouldn't go as far as the entire government being Templar. :D They're just you know, people with magical artifacts that can influence the government and people. You know, like money does in real life. :D

You might be a Authority on biology, computers, science and video games, but you sure as fuck can't read, because you just violated the BI Forums by discussing warez and pirating.

Telling someone they violated the rules is against the rules. Inception.

So is the common crime of creating threads without searching, hotlinking images over 100kb (what year is it?!) and even discussing moderation... :rolleyes:

Nice breakdown by TB and thankful he pointed out biggest flaw as it is my biggest pet peeve in the world of sandbox auto mayhem - nonsensical use of police and generally too lax response to a player on a murder spree. The police chases were always the star of GTA for me but what really ruined the sense of "Im in big trouble now" was that after massacring a small neighborhood and a meaty 5 star villain rating police chase one could simply park on a mission star and all is forgotten/forgiven. Why do people like these cop-outs? Wouldn't it be far more thrilling to have no easy way to reduce your infamy having to resort to nights, plastic surgery maybe a really hard 'Get a top Lawyer' mission.. Or how about a city fueled by many lawless guys, not just the player and not just during missions -but competitors who also drive reckless, commit crimes and garner the attention of law enforecement...

The second draw of GTA was the hilarious euphoria animations and damage models on the cars -this game lacks both and plowing thru endless objects with only a steaming engine seems lame. Other cars burst into flames while player car just mildly annoyed -why must games cater to make the player feel invincible? I prefer a hard game with tough mechanics to master and punish the player. Ah well...

From the eurogamer review, other reviews and customer reviews it seems that the game has a very weak story, a very bland and boring main character and the whole thing isn´t really cohesive. You as player can act like the biggest asshole on the planet with absolute impunity and without any real consequences. Hacking, one of the big selling points is simply a "push X to make shit happen" thing and becomes very repetitive and dull after you played enough.

Amusingly many people in the comments write that if you really want to spend cash on a game, then you should buy the new Wolfenstein (wich seems to be a lot of fun) instead of this.

From the eurogamer review, other reviews and customer reviews it seems that the game has a very weak story, a very bland and boring main character and the whole thing isn´t really cohesive. You as player can act like the biggest asshole on the planet with absolute impunity and without any real consequences. Hacking, one of the big selling points is simply a "push X to make shit happen" thing and becomes very repetitive and dull after you played enough.

Amusingly many people in the comments write that if you really want to spend cash on a game, then you should buy the new Wolfenstein (wich seems to be a lot of fun) instead of this.

Wolfenstein is a mess technically (mainly thanks to that fking idtech5 engine POS that ruined Rage) so I would maybe hold off until after the first patch (especially if you are an SLI user or if you game at over 1080P).

Wolfenstein is good fun though, I'm playing at 1080P (4K was an unmitigated disaster area thanks to a combo of no SLI and that horrid engine).

It's a very 'old school' type shooter.

Another note for SLI users is that if Rage was anything to go by, there will never be SLI for Wolfenstein, idtech5 has some incompatibility with SLI that as of yet has not been overcome (that's over a period of three years so draw your own conclusions ;) )

I'm liking Watch_Dogs so far, I'm going to hold off until the first patch though to see if they fix the mouse input as it is horribly muddy and killing my enjoyment, game looks good though.

Edited by BangTail

it seems that the game has a very weak story, a very bland and boring main character and the whole thing isn´t really cohesive. You as player can act like the biggest asshole on the planet with absolute impunity and without any real consequences. Hacking, one of the big selling points is simply a "push X to make shit happen" thing and becomes very repetitive and dull after you played enough.
You could have just shortened that to "it's a Ubisoft game," and meant the same thing. :lol:

I'm pretty proud of myself for not preordering this one. I may get it if it ever goes on sale, but it just doesn't seem that good.

I stayed away from the hype train and at first I was a sad panda that I couldn't play it due to my poo poo gpu but then I saw the various gameplay videos and read some user reviews about the non-existent car physics,"press X to hack everything" and boring story.Man I dodged a bullet with this one.:biggrin:

I could buy it when it's bargain bin but it's a damn Ubi game where the same formula is used on their games but with different timelines.

it's a damn Ubi game where the same formula is used on their games but with different timelines.
Except they've now combined the timelines, so 4th Echelon and the Ghosts are all unwitting Templar pawns who may actually be going after Assassins in disguise! :lol: