Sign in to follow this  
Funghorn

Floating Aimzone Problem

Hi. I have an issue with this floating aimzone. In Arma 1 the developers included an option of disabling this thing and the crosshair starts to move as in normal FPS games. But here, in CWA, I can't find such an option.

There is a solution to this problem though, you can edit CONFIG.bin file and change parameters like maxGunElev, minGunElev, maxGunTurn and minGunTurn, I know that, but my problem is with opening this bin file and reading it. If I open it as a TXT file, I can't really edit what is written there because there are some strange encodings, cyryllic letters after those parameters and I don't know where to type changes and what has to remain untouched.

For example: "РminGunElev ДÑÑÑ Ð¡maxGunElev <"

Normally it has to be written so: "minGunElev=-5; maxGunElev=5;"

If you want I can send you a screenshot of that code, because I can't post any links now, I have registered here a couple of minutes ago and the system doesn't allow it yet.

Can someone tell me how can this config file be opened and read?

Thanks in advance.

Well u must download Binview or eliteness to open config.bin but when u change this file

There is a solution to this problem though, you can edit CONFIG.bin file and change parameters like maxGunElev, minGunElev, maxGunTurn and minGunTurn

This is NOT a solution to fix floating aimzone. These values affect only vehicles' turrets - so You can (for example) disable any gun movement in T-55, or make Mi-24 gun turn in 360 degrees.

Bummer, aiming deadzone is really ruining my experience. Is there really now way to disable it?

As far as I know it's only possible on the x-axis by editing the soldier base class' config section.

Edit: But that only affects man-type units when they're not in vehicles, so not a solution.

Edited by Lenyoga