Sign in to follow this  
lampdude

How well do you think my system will run Arma 2/OA?

Hi, first post here. Not 100% sure if this is the right section so my apologies if I got this wrong.

Here are my current specs.

AMD Athlon x2 245 dual core, 2.9ghz

4GB RAM

Nvidia 9500gt 1GB

I recently ordered a new card for project reality, but I began entertaining the idea that I might be able to run Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. I am getting an HD7750 1GB within a week, its on the way now, but I just dont want to be getting my hopes up before I even get the card. I am just looking to run at 1024x720 resolution and medium graphics at a steady 30 or 40 fps? Too ambitious? It will be a while before I can buy a new processor, but I hear from reviews that the HD7750 has done a great job for people playing some pretty demanding games like Flight Sim X and BF4. I can currently run the OA demo at about 35 to 40 fps, everything on very low basically, and 1024x720 resolution, it looks horrible lol. I've looked at comparisons and the HD7750 is around 10 to 15 times better than my card at the moment in almost every category.

So the new specs will be the same as above, just replace the 9500 with HD7750 1GB and there you go.

Do you think I can run these games comfortably at all? Thanks!

really?? Those kind of specs in these days? Dude, my 27 year old brother had these specs when he was 15....

really?? Those kind of specs in these days? Dude, my 27 year old brother had these specs when he was 15....

I got it like 4 years ago. I'm just wondering if my setup is good enough just to run normal. I can't buy a new pc and won't for a while since I don't make much money. Thanks for not being insulting to what my family was able to afford when we got this PC.

NEW specs will be

AMD Athlon x2 245 2.9ghz

4GB ram DDR2

HD7750 1GB

1TB HDD

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

I'm getting an i5 as soon as I have the money to, but that won't be for a month or two.

Ok my apologies. I misunderstood the post.

To answer the question: yes, but on low settings. Like no AA, no eye candy like shadows and ATOC, etc. etc.

But it will also depend on what resolution you are running.

I'll be on 1024x768 on 3d resolution and monitor resolution.

Ok well that should be fine. Not sure what motherboard you have though. The 7750 sounds like way to strong for the rest in the pc.

I had a similarly clocked dual core intel processor, and arma2 OA would run, but not the best. Keep in mind that Arma will perform better on Intel. If you ever have to chance to switch from AMD do it.

Hi, first post here. Not 100% sure if this is the right section so my apologies if I got this wrong.

Here are my current specs.

AMD Athlon x2 245 dual core, 2.9ghz

4GB RAM

Nvidia 9500gt 1GB

I recently ordered a new card for project reality, but I began entertaining the idea that I might be able to run Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. I am getting an HD7750 1GB within a week, its on the way now, but I just dont want to be getting my hopes up before I even get the card. I am just looking to run at 1024x720 resolution and medium graphics at a steady 30 or 40 fps? Too ambitious? It will be a while before I can buy a new processor, but I hear from reviews that the HD7750 has done a great job for people playing some pretty demanding games like Flight Sim X and BF4. I can currently run the OA demo at about 35 to 40 fps, everything on very low basically, and 1024x720 resolution, it looks horrible lol. I've looked at comparisons and the HD7750 is around 10 to 15 times better than my card at the moment in almost every category.

So the new specs will be the same as above, just replace the 9500 with HD7750 1GB and there you go.

Do you think I can run these games comfortably at all? Thanks!

I had an AMD .955 x4 @ 3.20 ghz with 4g an NVidia 660 runing ArmA2 an OA off an on ran game well with shadows on very high pp off AA off, everything else to normal. Be sure to match descktop resolution an game resolution(check Arma profile to cconfirm) This allowed me 5k view distance with grass off in mp. Sadly this would not run ArmA3(not the 5k vd I require for flying) hope maybe this helps narrow down for ArmA2.

Highly recommend giving this post a look see :D

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73947-ArmaHolic-ArmA-2-Optimization

Edited by Call_911