Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

[SP Campaign] Silver Dawn Series

Silver Dawn Series

NOTE: This campaign is still W.I.P., expect possible bugs, avaliable only for testing purpose.

Description:

Follow the story from different points of view of the soldiers involved in the Altian Civil War of 2015.

Features:

- Realism touch ( Order of Battle, radio chatter, realistic situations )

- Tracking Allied Units in the map

- Deep story & lore

- Certain events & units are random to add more variability

- VoiceOver ( Robotic for now )

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file into your Arma 3 root inside "Campaigns" folder ( create a new one if you don't have it ).

Requirements:

CAF Aggressors

Known issues:

- No voice heard inside the vehicles ( but it can be heard in the exterior view ).

- The voiceover actors sounds like C3PO from Star Wars.

Corrected:

(10/05/14) Prologue: Gorgon sometimes gets stuck in all kind of objects slowing the mission flow ( it's a problem with the A3 AI, but I'll figure out a way to bypass the bug ).

Linguistic note:

None of the Campaign texts are written in my mother tongue, so I will appreciate corrections from native speakers.

All constructive ( and polite ) feedback will be welcome in this thread.

Special thanks to:

- Armaholic people

- Bohemia Interactive and all the people involved in OFP/Arma Series.

- BI Forum moderators

- CAF Aggressors mod developers

- Corporal Lib

- - - - -

> STEAM LINK OF THE PROLOGUE ( DEMO ) MISSION (Updated: 1st June '14)

> STEAM LINK TO THE CAMPAIGN PAGE (Updated: 4th July '14)

> ARMAHOLIC LINK TO THE CAMPAIGN DOWNLOAD (Updated: 9th June '14)

> MEGA LINK TO THE CAMPAIGN DOWNLOAD (Updated: 9th June '14)

NOTE: The Campaign file only contain the first three missions, more to come..

- - -

Link to the older campaign ( not supported anymore )

Edited by MistyRonin

I loved the previous one, looking forward to this one.

I suppose that when a campaign is updated will be just like with a single mission, in that the game will not let me load the previous saves, and will make me replay the whole campaign from the beginning, won't it?

I suppose that when a campaign is updated will be just like with a single mission, in that the game will not let me load the previous saves, and will make me replay the whole campaign from the beginning, won't it?

I'm not sure, but I think that it keeps the last mission you played from the campaign ( at least in the official ). I have to investigate it.

Unless MistyRonin changes radically the Name of the campaign or its config, you don´t have to worry about save incompactibilities or loosing progression - Panicsferd updated a lot his "Control" campaign and I didn´t loose my progression, rest assured ;)

Yay! Anxious to see the rest of the revamped campaign and the sequel episodes! Keep them comin´Misty!

Cheers!

Little update.

I'm right now adding cheap voiceover ( A.K.A. robotic voices ) to the first mission. It sounds awful, but better than nothing. Besides that it helps you to keep track of the instructions.

On the other hand the second mission is already finished, and for those who played the first alpha, is a completely brand new one. No more recycling ( for now ).

Robotic voiceover are a trend now (as Bardosy already stated: they save time for better mission making and if you get some volunteers for voice acting, you just need to replace the robotic for the human, it is a fast update ;) I woun´t oppose to that, and as you´ve said: it helps to keep track of the instructions...

Is the 2nd mission uploaded to steamworkshop already? (link please!)

On a sidenote: JohnHansen released Brazilian Defense Forces BDF -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178523-Brazilian-Defence-Forces-(BDF)-Released hope you incorporate this into your campaign ;)

cheers mate!

;2702493']Is the 2nd mission uploaded to steamworkshop already? (link please!)

Not yet, I'm waiting to finish the third one, to release them as a pack. I was thinking just to release the first one in Steam and the others in a mission pack. But I can also release them in Steam one by one if people prefer it.

About the voice-over, basically is what you said. When I finish the whole campaign ( or at least the first part ) then I may ask for voice actors. But until then it doesn't make much sense, as dialogs can change. But even robotic voices give more immersion the game ( at least IMO ), as you don't have to be reading, and focus just on playing.

Besides a couple of the voices that I got, are quite "real".

Edited by MistyRonin

I'm doing the final tests. But probably today I may release the first part of the campaign with the first three missions. Although will be Beta, because even if I have tested the missions for hours, and played at least 100 times each... I'm sure I may have missed some bugs.

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

First post updated with the link to the campaign :)

Added Armaholic Link ( Thank you very much providing a new mirror :) )

Sounds great MistyRonin! Thanks for the hard work.

I can offer you some of my voice acting skills for your campaign if you are interested. I have my own recording studio set up from my home.

Let me know - I'd be very pleased to know I can contribute something back to the community. :D

PM my playtest impressions =)

As I said before, most of the googles voices you´ve used are nice, just 2 are so "Hawkings-like" to my taste, but if you got real voices, the better ;)

And I suggest optional air missions =D

I can offer you some of my voice acting skills for your campaign if you are interested. I have my own recording studio set up from my home.

That would help me a lot :) I take your word.

But I'll wait until the release of the first part of the Campaign ( where the main char is an AAF soldier ), so there are no modifications in the dialogs :)

;2706931']

As I said before' date=' most of the googles voices you´ve used are nice, just 2 are so "Hawkings-like" to my taste, but if you got real voices, the better ;)[/quote']

I've just read your PM. Thank you for your feedback. All noted :)

The voices are in fact from the Apple Mac OS voice-over ;)

But you are right hahaha I'd like to get real voices. But not until the Campaign is more polished, I prefer not to bother people making them record over and over certain dialogs.

About the optional air missions, I'll give it a thought. Although if so, will be featured in the second or third part of the campaign. Right now it wouldn't make much sense, because the guerrilla insurgents can't fight back. Besides that the first 5 AAF missions are supposed to be more a "introduction", real fun will come with the Ruskies :)

Edited by MistyRonin

I just want to give a fast update on the actual situation. I almost finished the 4th mission, which took me a long time, as I wanted to give a certain degree of freedom and detail. I just need to work up the briefing texts, dialogs and robotic voices.

It lasts for at least 15-20 min. And will require the full Ivory Aircraft addon pack, which will have much more protagonism in future missions.

Unless I change plans, I'll release it with the 5th mission.

YAY, all Ivory aircrafts! That´s gonna rock and I understand the heavylifting work it is to set everything on a mission with air assets and freedom of tactical choices (sandbox as BIS intended arma to be ;)

Great, I´m anxious to see how this forth and fifth mission goes, but take your time, seems to be helluva missions (let the ruskies come ;)

cheers!

;2712114']YAY' date=' all Ivory aircrafts! That´s gonna rock and I understand the heavylifting work it is to set everything on a mission with air assets and freedom of tactical choices (sandbox as BIS intended arma to be ;)

Great, I´m anxious to see how this forth and fifth mission goes, but take your time, seems to be helluva missions (let the ruskies come ;)[/quote']

I'm now a bit on stand by waiting for the next BI update and the consequent mod updates ( after all, the aggressors are not that much if their weapons don't make any sound :j:

About the heavylifting, I'm experimenting a lot, and I more or less have something interesting for the future; but what I want to airlift and airdrop is yet to be released :p

Yeah, I´ve disabled automatic updates to not be surprised (I´ll only update when most weapon mods are adjusted to new BIS config sounds...)

I bet you´re planing on Airdrop something like RHS BTRs or T-90s? ;)

BTW, Majoris posted last month a single line about updating his mod but haven´t shed a word ever since... maybe he´s also waiting for BIS update?

cheers!

;2720959']I bet you´re planing on Airdrop something like RHS BTRs or T-90s? ;)

As far as I know neither of those can be airdropped, but on the other hand... BMDs are designed for that :P

Edited by MistyRonin

I had almost finished the 5th mission and I was gonna release it this weekend.

It involved a civilian airliner shoot down by Russia to get involved in the conflict, but after the recent RL events in Ukraine; I'll work out something else.

How about a train derailled by terrorist (insurgents) act? It is as gruesome in some cases (lots of civilian casualities when they happen in India, Afrika or even that Spanish TGV case, couple years ago) and it is not "politically sensitive" as this recent tragedy! Good grief, that´s the second tragedy involving Malasyan Airlines, as we say down here "Estes caras precisam de um descarrego! Chuta que é macumba!"

Hope to see your new missions soon! (and hope this doesn´t escaletes to a full new "cold war" =P)

cheers!

;2733231']Hope to see your new missions soon! (and hope this doesn´t escaletes to a full new "cold war" =P)

Well, a bit of cold war may be planed inside the story, although I'm a bit scared if my plot is turning in reality :p

I take good note of the suggestions, although at this point I still have nothing clear. I hope to give it some thought this next weekend :)

And yeah the Malaysian Airlines didn't seem to have been the most luckier one lately, hope the affected families and the company can carry on and rebuild their lives the best their can.

Is this campaign still in devlopment or is this the final release?

It's still technically WIP, but I have almost no time due to my dedication to RHS.

I just subscribed the Steam link to the main series, but hitting the play button does not start the mission (this one installs into the Scenarios tab).