Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Possible High-Quality Helicopters for Selection - STRICT Selection

I gotta admit I'm feening like a crack whore for some screens of the new "heavy's" but I seriously hope there's more coming in this DLC than just two assets that should've come with the vanilla game. Me personally I'd like to see some new variants of the birds already in game, like say an anti-tank version of the Hellcat and Pawnee, or a DAP variant of the Ghosthawk (or door gun equipped versions of all the other transport helos). Had to slip that last part in there:o. And yes there's the argument about all the "features" that are coming with the DLC but then there's these two little things, first BI has already said the features are free, the content is paid for. Second, considering the community has been asking, hell demanding for most if not all of these features since operation flashpoint days they probably should've already been here, just sayin:j: Still even if it is just the two heavy lift helicopters I'll more than likely still buy the DLC, I'll be upset that I paid for something that should've already been there, I'll piss and moan and gripe like a grumpy old man, but I'll still buy it.

And while I don't expect full on campaigns, I would figure on at least a few very fleshed out showcase missions with the new assets and features. I just don't see what has been announced thus far with this DLC warranting a new campaign on its own, the expansion a year or so down the road of course, but a helo pack no. Try to bare in mind that the A2 DLC's were whole new factions, not just a few new vehicles so there was a little more to work with.

i hope that in the dlc will include a luxurios interiors for merlin (already in the game) and the "Vrana" version, and come back the helicopter doors for civilian littlebirds

http://helicopters.takeonthegame.com/full/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/TKOHhelicopterVrana.jpg (595 kB)

Unfortunately, i can already answer this question. The Luxury interior that was in the pic is from TOH (Take On Helicopters), that meaning that it's the same feature as the doors on the hummingbird, and those were removed because it wasn't intended to be in game. Why? Because i'm guessing with Arma 3, they used the TOH content to test the feature of hidden selections, and in the process, the TOH items made it over in the low, until someone noticed it, and unlocked it and used it in game. As it grew popular showing up in modes like Altis Life, i think the DEV's realized they screwed up a bit leaving it in, which is why it is now... not in. So the luxury interior is more than likely not making it in, as since it's from TOH, it was probably meant to stay out. That's not to say that BI couldn't make a new high fidelity Luxury interior with any new or existing heli, because that'd be amazing if they did this.

---------- Post added at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

I gotta admit I'm feening like a crack whore for some screens of the new "heavy's" but I seriously hope there's more coming in this DLC than just two assets that should've come with the vanilla game. Me personally I'd like to see some new variants of the birds already in game, like say an anti-tank version of the Hellcat and Pawnee, or a DAP variant of the Ghosthawk (or door gun equipped versions of all the other transport helos). Had to slip that last part in there:o. And yes there's the argument about all the "features" that are coming with the DLC but then there's these two little things, first BI has already said the features are free, the content is paid for. Second, considering the community has been asking, hell demanding for most if not all of these features since operation flashpoint days they probably should've already been here, just sayin:j: Still even if it is just the two heavy lift helicopters I'll more than likely still buy the DLC, I'll be upset that I paid for something that should've already been there, I'll piss and moan and gripe like a grumpy old man, but I'll still buy it.

And while I don't expect full on campaigns, I would figure on at least a few very fleshed out showcase missions with the new assets and features. I just don't see what has been announced thus far with this DLC warranting a new campaign on its own, the expansion a year or so down the road of course, but a helo pack no. Try to bare in mind that the A2 DLC's were whole new factions, not just a few new vehicles so there was a little more to work with.

I agree with that. If there is any other heli they add in besides the two Heli's it better be for the Civilian faction... and it better be the EC-155 with paints, and Luxury interiors. :icon_evil: