SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Not giving anything away!

Working on the gauss cannon. No shields though. Can't see shit with them on, and it's not like you aren't being covered by a giant gun anyway.

http://puu.sh/cwf1E/a4434f8352.jpg (106 kB)

http://puu.sh/cwf82/5322a2a73c.jpg

Well I'm sure once you make a PiP camera you can put the shields on right?

Also, dat tease

Well I'm sure once you make a PiP camera you can put the shields on right?

Also, dat tease

There was miscommunication. The shield was supposed to stay on and it is.

We plan on using a PiP screen which zooms into a scope with different vision modes for all the Warthog turrets.

This is also a time to introduce the soundtrack the talented McChaffee (from another Halo mod: HOMEFRONT) is making for us:

https://soundcloud.com/mcchaffe/sets/eridanus-insurrection

Edited by spacenavy90

There was miscommunication. The shield was supposed to stay on and it is.

We plan on using a PiP screen which zooms into a scope with different vision modes for all the Warthog turrets.

This is also a time to introduce the soundtrack the talented McChaffee (from another Halo mod: HOMEFRONT) is making for us:

https://soundcloud.com/mcchaffe/sets/eridanus-insurrection

I LOVE the "one final effort", it gave me sooo much nostalgia from my Halo 3 days

I found this mod on MakeArmaNotWar.com and it blew me away adding the ability to travel from land to space and even the moon its called the Cosmos Engine. Then I thought to myself that would be amazing combined with this mod. The sheer thought of getting into a SOEIV and being blasted out of a Charon class frigate into the orbit of a planet simply made my spine chill.

I found this mod on MakeArmaNotWar.com and it blew me away adding the ability to travel from land to space and even the moon its called the Cosmos Engine. Then I thought to myself that would be amazing combined with this mod. The sheer thought of getting into a SOEIV and being blasted out of a Charon class frigate into the orbit of a planet simply made my spine chill.

Dawww you found out part of the secret...

I'm in contact with him trying to get things set up.

The hype is real:bounce3:

All aboard the hype train, woo woo

All aboard the hype train, woo woo

indeed the hype is sooo real now cannot wait expecially if the cosmos engine mod is added you will be able to do combat drops from SPACE DAMMIT!!!!!! all with no loading screens not to even talk about the possibilities of using the Charon as a FOB that is in orbit. For milsim units it will be like the intro to Halo CE every time.

Heres the space mod :

Also the mod page: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/UOn7vyv01J#.VFPcZ_l_tco

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Hmmmm part you said this makes me much more curious if SPACE was only part of the secret.

Edited by illuminati

this Mod looks F****** Badass :coop:

Holy hot dicks from Hell.........."Orbital Drop Shock Troops" Even the name sounds badass!!!!!

Edited by hossus

indeed the hype is sooo real now cannot wait expecially if the cosmos engine mod is added you will be able to do combat drops from SPACE DAMMIT!!!!!! all with no loading screens not to even talk about the possibilities of using the Charon as a FOB that is in orbit. For milsim units it will be like the intro to Halo CE every time.

Heres the space mod :

Also the mod page: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/UOn7vyv01J#.VFPcZ_l_tco

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Hmmmm part you said this makes me much more curious if SPACE was only part of the secret.

I didn't realize that the space mod was THAT in depth. This coupled with the Halo mod is going to be freaking insane. You'll actually be dropping from orbit, that's nuts.

So, what has 4 wheels, doesn't get totaled when hitting a rock, and sports a triple-barreled gatling gun firing 12.7x99mm rounds at 900 rpm?

Hint: Its not a puma

OqmZKshl.jpg

Oh wow, that screenshot is near perfect. Hahahahaha!

AT Cannon completed. One more to go: AA.

http://puu.sh/cyCbE/202b46a64f.jpg (1292 kB)

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

Also, here's another screen of the hog in-game.

http://puu.sh/cyDrY/07fd79efc2.jpg (913 kB)

Edited by Stirls

Is New Mombasa still under consideration or has it been scraped entirely? This map would be amazing if done right as there is a severe lack of urban environments in A3. New Mombasa would be a unique addition due to it being a Mega City combine that with the Cosmos Engine mod and the possibilities are virtually endless for game types/modes not to include all the possibilities in a milsim environment.

Is New Mombasa still under consideration or has it been scraped entirely? This map would be amazing if done right as there is a severe lack of urban environments in A3. New Mombasa would be a unique addition due to it being a Mega City combine that with the Cosmos Engine mod and the possibilities are virtually endless for game types/modes not to include all the possibilities in a milsim environment.

It is still being considered. It looks good as long as we can find more help for terrains.

Because the map itself is actually pretty small (go to google earth and measure the real Mombasa island) so its just the building variety that would be hard.

I agree it would be really awesome to have more urban environments. Problem is, it is hard to make them look correct and the building density can absolutely kill your FPS.

What about the insurrectionists if you don't mind me asking? Will they use a combination of scavenged clothes/weapons from UNSC troops if so are the photos of them just rough concepts as to what they will be inspired by?

Can't believe someone actually managed to find out where the terrain of our Eridanus II terrain is located. They sent me the answer in a PM. Amazing.

I should also mention that anyone who wants to play "The Master Chief Collection" with us when it comes out on November 11th add me on Xbox Live: SpaceNavy90.

What about the insurrectionists if you don't mind me asking? Will they use a combination of scavenged clothes/weapons from UNSC troops if so are the photos of them just rough concepts as to what they will be inspired by?

Yes, we will have some custom made clothing for them eventually, but we want to focus on the UNSC for now. One, because they are way more badass than the Innies (deal with it Innie supporters :P) and the Innies will, like you said, use some of their equipment but stratched up, damaged, etc. So yes, any photos we reveal would be concepts for the time being. After we release the public alpha later this year production on them will increase.

Edited by spacenavy90

Can't believe someone actually managed to find out where the terrain of our Eridanus II terrain is located. They sent me the answer in a PM. Amazing.

I should also mention that anyone who wants to play "The Master Chief Collection" with us when it comes out on November 11th add me on Xbox Live: SpaceNavy90.

Yes, we will have some custom made clothing for them eventually, but we want to focus on the UNSC for now. One, because they are way more badass than the Innies (deal with it Innie supporters :P) and the Innies will, like you said, use some of their equipment but stratched up, damaged, etc. So yes, any photos we reveal would be concepts for the time being. After we release the public alpha later this year production on them will increase.

I'll be adding you on Xbox, I can't wait for the MCC. This mod, MCC, and Star Citizen are going to take up my life.

As for the Innies, I'm sure a lot of inspiration can be drawn by the ones in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. But to be honest, a starting point for the mod wouldn't be bad if you just took the UNSC units and recolored them until you had actual Insurrectionist units. Or, you could go as far as to use a "Corbulo Academy" scenario where it's a training simulation. Wouldn't require much retexturing, maybe just red and blue arm bands. What do you think of that idea?

I'll be adding you on Xbox, I can't wait for the MCC. This mod, MCC, and Star Citizen are going to take up my life.

As for the Innies, I'm sure a lot of inspiration can be drawn by the ones in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. But to be honest, a starting point for the mod wouldn't be bad if you just took the UNSC units and recolored them until you had actual Insurrectionist units. Or, you could go as far as to use a "Corbulo Academy" scenario where it's a training simulation. Wouldn't require much retexturing, maybe just red and blue arm bands. What do you think of that idea?

Can't wait to play with you then!

Well, for the starting point we are just going to use a mixture of vanilla assets found in the game already and mixed it with some retextured stuff of our own. Our final goal will be something similar to the Innies found in Forward unto Dawn and some concept art of our own (if anyone has some images of insurgents that remind them of the Insurrectionist go ahead and post them and we'll give it a look). But definitely not retexturing the UNSC units. It wouldn't make much sense and would be pretty confusing.

We thought about adding in the Corbulo cadet armor at some point just for fun with training simulations, but not this early on.

I will add you navy, My mates and I used to set up big custom game nights on halo 3 so we are hoping to do it again in MCC. If you don't mind the connection to Australia it is always the more the merrier.

Sounds good to me.

I would play with you guys, but Microsoft's update rendered my console useless.

Xbox Live: Scorch052

Also the mod developer says at one point he is going to try and make it so that all maps can be travelled to from another i.e. Altis to Stratis/Chernarus/Takistan or even other planets etc. Via longsword.

I can only imagine travelling from new mombasa through space for an OP on Eridanus II.