Icarus Solar Farm

uav10.jpg

gantry10.jpg

nights11.jpg

Icarus Solar Farm

by

Spookygnu

Description:

The Icarus Solar farm is part of the Agola Solar Corporation that manages the Wind and Solar plants on the island of Altis.

The facility is a research centre for the combination of Wind, Solar and Hydro power energy. A small team of eight Scientist run the facility living there 365 days a year on a rotation basis.

Features:

- walkable gantrys

- Working security cameras

- Active Intel files

- Working Lights at night

- Submersible pool

- Lots of sneaky places to hide

Known issues:

= Moving the complex or rotating the complex you will find that the objects may displace and you would need to readjust the heights. The complex is placed in the sea where the seabed has no contours.

= There is a bug even on the main island when walking through the gantrys. If you decided to turn around you may glitch into the pipes and get stuck in a bouncing animation.

There is nothing I can do about this. A way to counter the effect is either rotate yourself, crouch or use the jump key. Sometimes using the Jump key you may fall off.

= If you place AI down you will need to make sure that they have the same height as the platform you are placing them on, same goes for any waypoints you are placing that are attached to them.

AI will walk through the buildings aswell, so make your paths go around them. Most of the platfroms are lined with Lamps or fences so you can use these for referencing the edges of the platforms.

= The Dome pool has an invisible floor. You can surface through it, but you cannot go back down into it. You are essentially able to walk on water when inside the building.

= changing the weather before mission start will alter object heights. you need to initialise the weather after you start the map/mission.

This is released on Armaholic. View page here It also has a demo mission for it as well so you can play on it once downloaded. Great for you SF types out there.

Download Here:

version1.2

Requirements:

@ARP2

Please note this post if you have v1: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177174-Icarus-Solar-Farm&p=2681961&viewfull=1#post2681961

Edited by SpookyGnu

no hand outs, everyone can get it from armaholic I'm afraid. I'm only releasing this in one place and that is there. This is a preview thread for it. Once the link ready from Armaholic I'll update the thread.

Updated and released on Armaholic. Thanks Foxhound!

Thank you very much for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** posted at the same time ;)

There is an "error" in the Icarus_Template.altis (DL from armaholic)

In the mission.sqm,

addOns[]=

{

"X39_MedSys_Scripting",

"CHF_Merlin",

"cabuildings"

"arp_objects",

"kyo_mh47e"

};

That means there is 4 more mods needed, The Merlin, The X39 medical system, the new MH47 and buildinds from A2 probably

Is there a way to edit the mission to make without these mods ? And precise that the A3MP is needed, or sort of ?

addOns[]=

{

"X39_MedSys_Scripting",

"CHF_Merlin",

"cabuildings"

"kyo_mh47e"

};

OK, I've just edited my sqm files, those items must have been leftover from stuff that was previously in the file when going through testing. You SHOULDN'T need them!

Just go in the SQM and remove those classnames. They are not needed, you might find you need to do that in the other sqms aswell. Then all you should need is the ARP2.

just tried it and it works fine.

and

cheers Mihikle

Edited by SpookyGnu

just wanted to stop by and say thanks for using my mod. i havent seen it being used too much but its nice to see it is here. i havent gotten a chance to test your addon yet but i will definitely as it looks pretty good. congrats on your release :)

Thanks dog!

I really like the ARP stuff, don't know why people don't use it, it's not that big a file. Certainly like the security cams. I could d with picking ya brains on a few things tbh.

Pm'd Foxhound through Armaholic and released an update in the first post, there were a few things I'd missed even in the demo mission so hopefully shouldn't be too much of a bother for people now.

sorry bout the mishap. this is my first ever release.

Edited by SpookyGnu

Gorgeous, thanks for sharing that gem SpookyGnu!

your welcome! enjoy!

First post updated with changes to Sqm and demo mission.

Thank you for the updates and for dropbox <3 really like the mod/station. Building a Mission with it ATM.

Just loved the Facility and the Mission (Operation Nightshade - edited the mission.sqm and voilá could load it and enjoy it), it is soooo 007ish ;)

I guess this facility could emulate the Big Shell from MGS2 too (Hint to "The End" to make another MGS themed mission lol)

cheers!

Thanks! Theres scope for sooo many types of things MSG was one of them. I almost placed the hand to hand combat script in aswell, so you could creep up behind the opfor and kill them. Perfect for SBS, NAVY SEALS, Pvp, tvt, domination and sector control all would work on here quite well too.

I'm not really good at making missions so it would be great to see some of you create some good stuff. Thanks to all who got it and played it.

Ohhh Pleeease Spooky, insert the melee script in that mission, there was so many times I caught the CSAT by surprise, would be awesome to do some stealth takedown on them =)

Hope to see many mission in that facility, it is appealling for some serious tactical action!

cheers!

;2682298']I guess this facility could emulate the Big Shell from MGS2 too (Hint to "The End" to make another MGS themed mission lol)
Or "Mother Base" in Peace Walker and the MGS5 duology! :D

I admit' date=' my sentiment is basically that so long as one doesn't specifically [i']need[/i] a ship underway recovery (SUR) situation, this is absolutely a catch-all solution for a maritime boarding scenario.

You wouldn't happen to have had anything to do with this, would you?

You wouldn't happen to have had anything to do with this, would you?

HOLY SH!T! that is awesome! No I didn't but I can see the crap film WaterWorld there. lol! Anyone know where he got them cranes from?

HOLY SH!T! that is awesome! No I didn't but I can see the crap film WaterWorld there. lol! Anyone know where he got them cranes from?

:O where do we get this one ? :D

I'd actually like to get my hands on these tbh. The underground bunker looks cool! Anyone seen Day of the Dead?

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

;2682805']Ohhh Pleeease Spooky' date=' insert the melee script in that mission, there was so many times I caught the CSAT by surprise, would be awesome to do some stealth takedown on them =)

Hope to see many mission in that facility, it is appealling for some serious tactical action!

cheers![/quote']

you have the template now so there's nothing stopping you from making it yaself. I'm recharging my brain now this is out. Some of it was a bit of a headache.

Nice one buddy! I knew you'd be building all kinds of stuff after your exploits with DR. Keep it up mate!!

Cheers :D

Thanks mate! Its up on the DR Forum too, which you may have seen, but i'm glad its done now. Its great to fight on.