Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Hunting Trip (MP gamemode)

ht_loading_screen.jpg

Hunting Trip

Hunting Trip is a multiplayer gamemode that pits two very asymetrical teams against each other in an epic battle for survival.

A group of human players have the misfortune of crossing paths with the terrifying swamp monster on its hunting ground, in the black of the night.

Swamp monster?

The swamp monster gameplay differs radically from what you might be used to in Arma 3. Being an otherwordly/demonic/vampiric/alien* creature it can do things normal humans can't do:

(*Still have not decided the story background)

swampvision1.jpgswampvision2.jpg

swampvision3.jpgswampvision4.jpg

Swamp-vision

The first striking feature that you may notice when playing as the swamp monster is the custom vision mode, called „swamp-vision“.

• It provides visibility in pitch-black darkness.
  • Makes heat sources (flashlights very visible).
  • Indicates the areas that survivors can't see, which provides accurate feedback telling the swamp monster wether it can be seen by the survivors.

Some high-resolution screenshots:

http://178.77.68.114/hunting_trip/screenshot1.jpg

http://178.77.68.114/hunting_trip/screenshot2.jpg

http://178.77.68.114/hunting_trip/screenshot3.jpg

http://178.77.68.114/hunting_trip/screenshot4.jpg

http://178.77.68.114/hunting_trip/screenshot5.jpg

Levitation/Jumping

• Levitate effortlessly to get the drop on the human players.
  • Climb roofs to stalk your prey in urban areas.
  • Hide in trees because you can.

Growling

The SW can use an array of hisses and growls to frighten the survivors, increasing their fear and suppression, lowering their resolve and combat effectiveness.

Superior health

The SW can regenerate from wounds quickly and keep running when the body of a normal human just can't anymore.

Superior melee skills

The SW can easily kill a human provided it gets close.

What about the survivors?

Survivor gameplay is about getting somewhere alive, while trying not to get killed by the swamp monster. In the dark.

Darkness? I can just jack up the gamma settings!

Nyet comrade! Hunting Trip features custom post processing fx that artificially darkens the night for survivors to a level that makes anything outside of an artificial light source pitch black, regardless of the gamma settings.

So what do the survivors have to do?

In the current prototype they have to get from A to B, possibly while interacting with specific items on the way. The path and the objectives are picked in a highly automated manner to provide new unpredictable locations for every round.

Do you even lift?

I can do 137 110 push-ups. Without breaking a sweat.

(You cant keep up that while sitting in front of a pc coding)

Feature list:

(everything below is fully working ingame, this is not a wishlist of things!)

Asymetrical two-team gameplay

Play as a swamp monster!

• Jump from roof to roof.
  • See in pitch black darkness with trippy colors.
  • Growl at players.

Play as a dude with a flashlight in the dark!

• Real darkness made possible by post process shading.
  • Get frightened (and possibly eaten) in the dark.
  • Get to safety/a boat/da choppa in highly randomized scenarios.

More features will be added to this list as I complete them.

Contest entry

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/MTZBcHURWG

DOWNLOAD v0.6

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323673539

Edited by alleycat

That looks great! It would be awesome, if your "swamp-visionâ„¢" could be somehow overlayed by a permanent TWS-view with only 10-20% opacity (so it isn't overpowered, but gives the swamp monster some sort of predator-like sight)

Reminds me of this, though the new vision-mode-thing does make it more unique.

alleycat = cat

Interesting concept, i will certainly have to follow this :)

Reminiscent of The Hidden. Looks like a lot of fun!

Does indeed look fun and bloody scarey- good luck :)

That looks great! It would be awesome, if your "swamp-visionâ„¢" could be somehow overlayed by a permanent TWS-view with only 10-20% opacity (so it isn't overpowered, but gives the swamp monster some sort of predator-like sight)

that's a good idea. I'm really curious how that would look. Reminds me of this.

Nice ,the hunter beeing hunted, bit like the predator, good job and a great idea.

Will you be able to remove the walking sound he makes,or you want to leave that in so ppl can hear him come? and will you add more features, to him or something that helps players in detecting him?

Still looks like a scary underpants changing experience you gone puth ppl trough

Love the idea and the work so far,keep it up and good luck in the contest!

Nice ,the hunter beeing hunted, bit like the predator, good job and a great idea.

Will you be able to remove the walking sound he makes,or you want to leave that in so ppl can hear him come? and will you add more features, to him or something that helps players in detecting him?

Still looks like a scary underpants changing experience you gone puth ppl trough

Love the idea and the work so far,keep it up and good luck in the contest!

The walking sounds are not an issue, because there is 3 survivors per hunter so it is hard to tell whose footsteps are heard. As for features, the current state of the mission is about 20% of what I want to do with it. I want to expand daytime gameplay a bit more and there is 3-5 more abilities for the hunter I am coding.

btw while the videos suggest it is only night time, you can also play it during daylight.

This game mode is awesome, me and a few of my friends play it almost religiously. Good job! I have supported.

Very interesting idea here alleycat. Is the idea to have the SM invisible if it remains motionless during the day?

I remember a gamemode from Arma2 days where the hunter could take the form of any clutter and kill others when they got close. Was funny to be killed by a rubbish pile !

Forgot writing that in the manual, you growl by pressing the Y/Z key (depending on what keyboard you have). It is the key next to your T key.

v0.4 Changelog

-Removed flying
-Added new scenario (El Chupacabra)
-Added more weapons for survivors
-Lowered travel distance for Broken Car scenario
-Added parameter: Mission time
-Added parameter: Scenario selection
-Decreased cloak stealth meter drain slightly
-Added Prey tracking. Hunters can see players on the map

Version 0.4 is out

Have a look what Zooloo75 is doing with UI2 - sounds like this would be perfect for this one !

I played this with a few of my friends, this has huge potential! We all love it! However, there is one complication that I think would be an option via parameters. Limit the amount of players that are monsters. Because we had 6 players with 2 monsters (so 4 prey). The issue here is that due to low amount of players, I think this would be better if it was just restricted to only 1 monster instead of two so the prey will have a better chance of surviving and getting scared because they know he is out there and can pounce on anyone of them at any time.. So if it is possible, can you make a parameter that sets the amount of players that can be monsters.

First of all: This game mod is freakin awesome ;)

But got some probs... when I'm the hunter, i can't fly arouznd with tab, while other can..

we compare the configures, but with no luck... any idea?

thanks!

First of all: This game mod is freakin awesome ;)

But got some probs... when I'm the hunter, i can't fly arouznd with tab, while other can..

we compare the configures, but with no luck... any idea?

thanks!

The flying ability is removed in the current version (v0.6) and will stay removed, because it was unreliable and wobbly on some clients.

However the game has received many other cool things that make up for that.

New things:

- Comprehensive ingame manual covering basic controls and how to play.

- Many selectable scenarios (+random pick) in lobby parameters.

- Each scenario in itself runs a selfcontained set of random parameters which are mixed with handpicked elements.

- More variations in survivor gear

Featured Scenarios

(All scenarios included in the missionfile and can be selected in lobby parameters or be set for random pick)

(More scenarios are being added)

1. The Broken Down Car

Players have to get their broken car fixed by locating and retrieving a toolbox. Probably the most open ended scenario as it picks a random location on the entire island of ALTIS and then picks a suitable hiding spot close to that which creates the scenario.

2. El Cupacabra

The mythical central-american creature that lusts after goat blood. However a group of armed to the teeth goat herders wont give up their herd without a fight. This scenario tasks players with protecting their goats from the hunter. It takes place on more than 10 different possible locations.

3. The Ghost Hotel

The Ghost Hotel. As fate would have it, it has a helicopter with a broken engine parked at the beach near it, and a toolbox inside of the hotel itself. Also the place is haunted.

4. The Swamp Crypt Massacre

The survivors have tracked down the resting place of the hunter. During daytime it rests in an unholy slumber inside a defiled crypt deep in the swamp. It is almost dawn and the survivors are approaching it, equipped with explosive charges. The crypt emits an evil fluorescent glow during nighttime. Featuring a procedurally generated graveyard, complete with haunting fog.

4C297C99DDB4655003330E601CB6A740FD1FA8A2

Hello

Link for dedicted server doesn't work. Where I can download mission for dedicated server?

Sign in to follow this