Sign in to follow this  
acsoft

Fixed wing ejection &parachute

Playing showcase "Fixed wing", I tried to eject with command "V" key (Eject), but it does not work.

How can we do that, or is-it impossible ?

I mean, we have to wear a parachute at the begining of the mission, can't we use it to save our life when the aircraft is about to crash ?

You can eject by rolling your mouse to bring up the command menu and clicking 'Eject'.

Then roll it again and select 'Open chute'.

I forget what the default keys are, but I assigned keys 'GG' (ie hit G twice) in the Common> Get out and Eject assignments, it's easier and quicker to get out of a crashing plane or burning vehicle by hitting GG twice instead of rolling your mouse

Hi PoorOldSpike,

There is NO command "Eject" in the mouse menu. The only key command I found, which seem logical, is the "V" (Eject) key, but as said already, it does not work.

Perhaps Showcase works differently than in the real game, so try doing stuff in the Editor.

Here are some screenshots from a test I did in the Editor 5 minutes ago-

Firstly, notice the 'GG' keys which I assigned to 'Getting out' of Vehs and 'Ejecting' from planes, they always work fine for me-

AA3-conts_zps802c555f.jpg~original

But let's concentrate on the menu command to 'Eject' which you say you don't see.

Here I roll the mousewheel to make the menu come up at top left, and click 'Eject'-

AA3-eject_zps54db97b6.jpg~original

And bingo, out we go!

Roll the mousewheel again to make 'Open parachute' come up, and click it..

AA3-chute_zps8bbde3c0.jpg~original

Piece o' cake..:)

AA3-chute2_zps7d2afbbb.jpg~original

Hmm good tip for assigning a double tapped key...I didn't realise you could do that!

Trying to roll the mouse to the correct menu item when you have a split second to do it is never easy.

Eject/Get Out are disabled in the Fixed Wing Showcase mission unless your aircraft is damaged to near death. If you try it with the editor, it will always work. I use V for get out (which only works at slow/stopped speeds) and VV (double-tap) for eject.

I'm saddened that you can't play an evasion mission if you eject, and it ends as a fail soon before or after you parachute to the ground.

Thanks AJsarge, that answer my question.

In this Showcase, I will try to eject, when my aircraft is damaged to near death. Hope it will work as you said. To my view, this is one more poor design of this game. Isn't called this solo mission "Showcase" ?!? Then, why to disable this feature in normal circumstances ?!?

On more question:

With default key settings ( "V" = get out / "VV" = to eject) and still speaking of fixed wing only, does both function work and is there a difference in behavior ?

Thanks in forward to reply !

Would you like a higher chance of living when you need to get out of your aircraft in case of an Emergency?

Vote! - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18535

It may save your life. Literally.

Vote here as well - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18506

If your life needs saving, DarkSide's ejection seat will do it for you, but only after you know it needs to be saved.

My advice to newcomers is to FORGET Showcase and similar training missions because they often have their own special parameters and give you a distorted, manipulated view of gameplay which you'll have to un-learn when you start to play the proper game.

Just get straight into the Editor and make your own little missions so you'll know EXACTLY what's going on..:)