Sign in to follow this  
HJohnson

Helmet Addon will not Display

So, before I started working on "Yet Another Modded Helmet" I did some research here and found there was an example model of a helmet in the Arma 3 tools. My first intuition was to pack and binarize that helmet (its a baseball cap in the A3tools example) and put it in game, then maniuplate that template for my own helmet aka copy paste my mesh and delete the example mesh.

However, this doesn't work. I'll run you through what I have done and maybe you can help me see what I did wrong.

A. I took config.cpp, cfgheadgear.hpp and the a3_headgear_example.p3d out of the example folder and put them in their own folder called Spartan

B. In the config I changed the things necessary such as there were lines like #include xyz which were for the other examples. I also changed the directories in the cfgheadgear.hpp to fit the new location. Everything was changed to Spartan\m\a3_headgear_Example.p3d for the model location. I open it up in Oxygen, everything is fine. I've copy pasted the model.cfg and the defined name is the exact same as the P3D file name and they are in the same exact folder.

I binarize and pack the addon with the Arma 3 Binarizer and go in game and give it to my player. He has no hat. The hat is not in his crotch or at his feet. It is invisible. If I take the hat off, it appears on the ground. At first I thought this was because the model.cfg and the named selections were wrong. But they weren't. I hadn't changed anything from the original file.

I proof read the coding again, made sure the named selection for head was there, I hadn't even modified the model.cfg. But the hat doesn't show up. I figured maybe it was too low on the body even though the named selections should negate that. So I made a box the size of a house in the model to see if I could still see it.

Not a thing. Yet when I took off the hat, a box the size of a house showed up.

I tried replacing one of my custom weapons with the hat's model to see if the model has an error, it doesn't, my scar-H because a giant box with a hat in it. I tried inheriting from an already defined hat class from the game but changing the model, no dice.

I don't know what else to try? All of the threads here on the forum do not address an invisible hat. Only ones were the hat was in the crotch, of which I applied those fixes and it didn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

TLDR:

1. Binarized the Hat Example from the BI tools
  2. It doesn't work
  3. Checked the configs and the urls for the model names, they check out
  4. Hat is visible when on the ground, not when worn
  5. Hat mesh is in the 0.000 and 1.00 lods
  6. Model.cfg is unchanged from example files
  7. Named selections for "head" is present
  8. Autocenter = 0 is present
  9. Model works on other things but not a hat
  10. Inheriting a class and replacing a model on a vanilla class does not work

Did you copy over the basicDefines_A3.hpp file as well or just edit the relevant settings in the config.cpp and cfgHeadgear.hpp files.

Hi, I'm having similar problem, maybe even the same, could you please tell me if you managed to solve it and if you did the way it can be fixed?