NightIntruder

Grumman C-1A Trader for A2OA 0.5 BETA

Grumman C-1A Trader

ver. 0.6 BETA

arma2oa+2014-03-29+21-34-04-87.jpg

arma2oa+2014-03-30+16-25-21-52.jpg

arma2oa+2014-03-27+11-00-41-75.jpg

DESCRIPTION:

The Grumman C-1 Trader is a carrier onboard delivery (COD) variant of the Grumman S-2 Tracker. The C-1 was outfitted to carry nine passengers or 4,800 pounds (2,400 kg) of cargo and first flew in January 1955. Throughout the 1960s and 1970s the C-1 Trader carried mail and supplies to aircraft carriers on station in the Pacific Ocean during the Vietnam War and also served as a trainer for all-weather carrier operations. Over its production life 83 C-1 Traders were built. The last C-1 was retired from USN service in 1988.

In ARMA2 it can supplement other carrier-based aircrafts giving possibility to fly cargo/soldier transport missions from/to aircraft carrier or land bases. It might be used as a two-seater trainer in Navy pilot training or in a SP campaign. There is also static wreck included and the addon has numerous hide-type animations for cutscenes or MMs purposes.

FEATURES:

- two flyable variants of the Trader and static one (wreckage):

- 6 liveries of US Navy squadrons

- 72 real crew memers tags included (switchable)

- custom sound of real radial engines

- compatible with ACE2, UNSUNG Mod and JDOG’s USS Nimitz ver. 0.93

- numerous animations and effects, to include: cockpit levers, tailhook, side doors, sound and visual effects of raining, stall effects, wings folding, exhaust with smoke effect and more

- primary flight instruments working

- optional script giving a crew of the aircraft a chance for bailing out after destruction of the aircraft

CHANGELOG:

0.6 BETA

CHANGED:

- working dampers added

- „ejection†script removed

- exhaust smoke removed

- rain effect sounds removed

- LandContact LOD points changed

- you can put cargo/ammo boxes to C-1 CARGO variant only (ACE2 feature)

- unused sounds from \SOUNDS folder removed

- crew nametags paint kit added to \Documents folder

FIXED:

- lack of catapult's steam during CAT launch on Nimitz

- missing textures/sounds calls

0.5 BETA

- first release

KNOWN ISSUES:

- blurred rotor textures are visible all the time

- the aircraft can fly with folded wings,

- the aircraft starts with gear retracted, it deploys it in 4.5 secs whenever it starts on ground/deck

- if you not follow the CAT procedure written down in readme, you might crash during CAT launch from Nimitz

DOWNLOAD LINK: (53.19 MB C1A_Trader.7z)

www.sendspace.com

Edited by NightIntruder
new release

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v0.5 beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@c1a.png

@ NightIntruder;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Wicked! I love seeing new additions to a carrier's air wing in Arma. Hope to see more soon! :D:thumbsup:

Wicked! I love seeing new additions to a carrier's air wing in Arma. Hope to see more soon! :D:thumbsup:

The next one will be A-3 Skywarrior and more will come, no doubt about that :)

@Sonsalt6

Thanks for mirroring ! :)

This addon is very useful, but I noticed a bug. Further away, the plane will not be visible. (on the ground and in the air)

This addon is very useful, but I noticed a bug. Further away, the plane will not be visible. (on the ground and in the air)

Thanks axtros, I am aware of it. I am gonna fix it for next release (soon). Actually, it is my mistake. I have left visual LOD 9.0 in the addon as I believed it is "edit LOD" and as such is deleted automatically during binarization process. That's not the truth.

Edited by NightIntruder

Congrats on the release, any new naval aircraft always brings a great big smile to my face :D

Also, love the visual rain and turbulence effects.

Aside from the already mentioned LOD issue, i have a few observations that i'd like to share:

- Missing texture from your not yet released A-3B Skywarrior (file in question: int73_a3b\textures\de32557a.paa).

- A few sound files don't seem to be properly linked/named (ie says it's missing but all it takes is doing a bit of renaming).

These next i'm not sure if they happen because of how i have my game set-up (hopefully someone else can confirm/deny):

- Having this plane installed breaks the pause menu actions in Editor (from experience it's from one/several of the included scripts, i used to get similar issues when i wrote something wrong in my scripts).

- Using the plane on the JDG Nimitz breaks the catapult steam, it just stops appearing, even with other planes.

Other than this, can't wait to see what else you got planned.

Edited by Evil_Brownie
Grammar...

Thanks Evil_Brownie. I can confirm bugs regarding lack of steam on catapults, missing textures (inheritance of a material causes this, fixable) and improperly linked sound files (one of the files in question works, the second one - doesn't ). I will check scripts included in the package as I wasn't aware of that bug related to pause and honestly speaking, have no idea what could cause it. An that "turbulance" is rather near stall speed flattering of wings effect, anyway I am happy you like it :) Thanks again for this input, much appreciate it.

Hi NightIntruder,

What is the release date for the next version? The war is not wait! The NAVY force is already prepared the attack, but how can I transport my crew on the deck? :) Oh, while we're at it, there's a little something, you don't have A-6 Intruders? :)))))

Thx! ;)

What is the release date for the next version? The war is not wait! The NAVY force is already prepared the attack, but how can I transport my crew on the deck? :) Oh, while we're at it, there's a little something, you don't have A-6 Intruders? :)))))

Thx! ;)

Hey, the Trader is still flyable, isn't it? ;) The next release of C-1A is a matter of days as I am still waiting for bugs found by users to fix them. And the A-6 is not mine, unfortunately, as it is excellent plane. Honestly speaking, I would like to be able to create such awesome addons. The A-6s, and other aircrafts shown on my screenshots, belong to the UNS 2.6 Dev Team. I hope you will get them to play with soon :)

Other than this, can't wait to see what else you got planned.

I am gonna lift a veil of secrecy, soon :)

New 0.6 beta version of C-1A Trader published. The first page of this thread has been updated accordingly.

There are some improvements, but the release is mainly focused on removing the bugs found by users. The next step would be optimization as some of the users complain about lag/FPS drop in MP.

New 0.6 beta version of C-1A Trader published. The first page of this thread has been updated accordingly.

There are some improvements, but the release is mainly focused on removing the bugs found by users. The next step would be optimization as some of the users complain about lag/FPS drop in MP.

Just tried it out. No major errors to report anymore thankfully (only minor one i found was it can't find sound "c1a_stall", it's probably just a typo in either the sounds section of the config or the c1astall script) Everything else appears to work fine now.

Nice work, keep it up ;)

only minor one i found was it can't find sound "c1a_stall", it's probably just a typo in either the sounds section of the config or the c1astall script.

Thanks for reporting it, evil :) Regarding the missing sound, it's weird. The sound works on my side, with the error poping up tho. When your speed drops below 130 kph, you should feel the aircraft's wings flattering and hear the sound as long as your speed is below the threshold. I have no idea what causes the pop up window to show up.

@Miller

Thanks for mirroring it, mate :)

Hi NightIntruder,

The C-1 Trader addon is a great job! This is an awesome aircraft. The vertex number is little high, but the bugs well have been fixed. :)

Thanks for reporting it, evil :) Regarding the missing sound, it's weird. The sound works on my side, with the error poping up tho. When your speed drops below 130 kph, you should feel the aircraft's wings flattering and hear the sound as long as your speed is below the threshold. I have no idea what causes the pop up window to show up.

The stall warning sound plays fine for me as well, there seems to be two sounds relative to warning about stall ("c1a_stall" and "c1a_stallwarn_int", with only the latter being indexed in CfgSounds and having an actual sound to play, and the former only being mentioned in the c1astall script), so i'm guessing they were meant to be the same sound and one of them simply got a different name :p

so i'm guessing they were meant to be the same sound and one of them simply got a different name :p

I can see you have checked it for me ;) Thanks for hint mate, I am gonna fix it now :)

@axtros

Thanks for input, axtros. I had to stick with the model's complex shape as there's such agreement between me and the author of the original model. Also, I still have troubles with implementing resolution LODs (thers's only one visual LOD) thus some of you may experience FPS drop / lag until I fix it. Sorry about that!

PS. This is what I would love to see all the time - reported bug + hint (or even better: + solution). If I knew what caused a bug I would fix it before an addon's release. That's how it works perfectly thanks to such guys :) It is also learning experience for me so such comments/reports, which are very helpful, will always be welcomed.

Edited by NightIntruder
grammar

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi NightIntruder,

I noticed two bugs:

1. In the first passenger seat on the left side twice two of them can sit.

2. The left, and the right light (at nighttime) on the wing tip not move, when the wing is folding.

But the aircraft is wonderful! Thx! :)

Axtros

Edited by axtros

Axtros,

1. Fixed

2. I already tried very hard but could not find a way to animate memory points such as nav lights. Perhaps, it is engine's limitation here as the other carrier based addons known to me have the same issue.

Thanks for findings! :)