Sign in to follow this  
denco

Game crashes on script error

I've been having this strange issue for the last 2 days and its making it really difficult and tedious to debug my scripts. Whenever an error occurs the game crashes instead of reporting it in game which I find very weird since nothing in or on my pc has been changed. It either crashes on mission load or when that particular part of the script is about to load.

The only new thing I'm doing is creating new scripts for my mission in a separate mission so that it's easier to test them. Has anyone in the past experienced this type of bul*** ?

EDIT:

I've tried,

-Running arma as admin

-Disabling all the mods

-Checking the integrity of game files

-Looking at arma 3 folder with the most vile rage

-Throwing my money at the screen

-Gave up in despair hoping that the game will take mercy on me but to no avail

NOTE: The crashing are not caused by scripts but they are the reason it is happening. I can upload my rpt and minidumb files.

EDIT2:Creating a new game solved the issue. I guess mission got corrupted as soon as I've created it.

Edited by Denco

Check the paths of any #include lines of code, e.g.:

#include "folder\folder\script.sqf"

Note that there's no ; after the include. If the include script does not exist than ARMA will crash to desktop.

This is an old thread but still. The script was crashing because my HDD was dying. Back then when doing this I started a new mission and copied all the files from previous mission in the new one and it worked. A few weeks later my HDD died.