Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Player Respawns not working.

So I created a custom mission with a Zeus Game Master slots, editable player slots and non-editable areas around players. All of these seem to work except the player respawn that I place on the map. When my one player died the mission ends and he had no option to respawn. Does there need to be more than one player present for the respawn to work?

Are you testing in editor?

If so that is you problem?

Testing in editor is like a single player mission.

Here is what I have in my description.ext, is yours similar?

//-------------------------------------------RESPAWN SETTINGS----------------------------------------------------------------

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

respawn = "Base";

respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"}; //// Respawn for Blufor

respawnTemplatesEast[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"}; //// Respawn for Opfor

respawnTemplatesGuer[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"}; //// Respawn for Independent

respawndelay = 5;

respawnVehicleDelay = 30;

disabledAI = 1;

joinUnassigned = 1;

aiKills = 1;

The respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"}; brings up the respawn window allowing them to choose a respawn location.

The respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"}; brings up the respawn window allowing them to choose a respawn location.

This will ONLY work on multiplayer / dedicated - not in editor.

Yes, I want to create a custom ZEUS mission for exporting to Multiplayer with ZEUS generated respawns functioning for any human players that joins my mission. So in the editor, I should open my Mission Settings window and type this description there? I've never made missions with functioning respawns before, I thought simply having the Game Master module present would make respawns possible.

Yes, I want to create a custom ZEUS mission for exporting to Multiplayer with ZEUS generated respawns functioning for any human players that joins my mission. So in the editor, I should open my Mission Settings window and type this description there? I've never made missions with functioning respawns before, I thought simply having the Game Master module present would make respawns possible.

Unfortunately nothing in this game is that straight forward when it comes to editing.

When you create a mission in ARMA 3 and save it, it will make a folder for your mission in your computers profile directory (C:\Users\*Your username*\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\*your arma name*\MPMissions\) inside there you will find your missions mission.sqm. It is in this mission directory that you will include any scripts for that mission, including 2 files that you will want to look up in the biki, the init.sqf and the description.ext. So when you're ready to play it, you will have a mission.sqm an init.sqf and a description.ext.

If none of this makes sense, look around for a template zeus mission.

Edited by Caeden

Unfortunately nothing in this game is that straight forward when it comes to editing.

When you create a mission in ARMA 3 and save it, it will make a folder for your mission in your computers profile directory (C:\Users\*Your username*\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\*your arma name*\MPMissions\) inside there you will find your missions mission.sqm. It is in this mission directory that you will include any scripts for that mission, including 2 files that you will want to look up in the biki, the init.sqf and the description.ext. So when you're ready to play it, you will have a mission.sqm an init.sqf and a description.ext.

If none of this makes sense, look around for a template zeus mission.

Okay I think I figured it out. But I just wanna be sure that I did the right thing, so what I did was I created to files from notepad in my mission folder. I named one file init.sqf and another description.ext. I leave init.sqf empty and I copy and past your respawn lines to my description.ext. I tested my mission in multiplayer as a soldier with access to the Zeus interface and I was indeed able to respawn myself both at the respawn that I pre-placed in the editor and the one that I created from Zeus. So yeah, thank you sooo damn much for your description.ext lines :D

One thing I have noticed though is that at the start of the mission the player also has to choose a loadout, but that remains empty until ZEUS places a Loadout Respawn. Any suggestions to make loadouts visible at the beginning? Also, slightly OT, but ever since I put in description.ext and init.sqf in my mission folder, my load screen says UNNAMED MISSION. Could you tell me how to fix that?

Thanks again dude.

Okay I think I figured it out. But I just wanna be sure that I did the right thing, so what I did was I created to files from notepad in my mission folder. I named one file init.sqf and another description.ext. I leave init.sqf empty and I copy and past your respawn lines to my description.ext. I tested my mission in multiplayer as a soldier with access to the Zeus interface and I was indeed able to respawn myself both at the respawn that I pre-placed in the editor and the one that I created from Zeus. So yeah, thank you sooo damn much for your description.ext lines :D

One thing I have noticed though is that at the start of the mission the player also has to choose a loadout, but that remains empty until ZEUS places a Loadout Respawn. Any suggestions to make loadouts visible at the beginning? Also, slightly OT, but ever since I put in description.ext and init.sqf in my mission folder, my load screen says UNNAMED MISSION. Could you tell me how to fix that?

Thanks again dude.

No problem. Getting the loadout to show up from the start would require more scripts I'm afraid. If you don't want that option you could take out the "MenuInventory" and have it as follows: respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition"};