Sign in to follow this  
denco

Waypoint Statement [executing a script]

I'm trying to run a script trough waypoint statement but my game crashes when the unit reaches its position and runs the script.

[b]_ewp1 setWaypointstatements ["true", "_handle = [egrp3,h1] execVM ""Eject.sqf"","];[/b]

And I also tried this

[b]_ewp1 setWaypointstatements ["true", "_handle = [(egrp3),(h1)] execVM ""Eject.sqf"","];[/b]

The eject script

[b]_group = _this select 0;
_vehicle = _this select 1;

sleep 1;

{
unassignvehicle _x;
_x action ["EJECT", _vehicle];
sleep 0.5;
} foreach units _group;[/b]

I've also tried changing the script and the same thing happens, when the unit reaches its position the game crashes.

[b]_ewp1 setWaypointstatements ["true", "_handle = [] execVM ""Eject.sqf"","];[/b]

Eject script

[b]unassignVehicle Para_leader;
Para_leader action ["Eject", h1];[/b]

I firmly believe that the issue lies with me running the script wrong, but I have no idea how to fix and I need some help.

I'm not much of a scripter, but it looks like you have too many quotation marks, especially around ""Eject.sqf""

I'm not much of a scripter, but it looks like you have too many quotation marks, especially around ""Eject.sqf""

I think they have to be since they are inside the quotation marks themself. I could have also done them like this

[b]_ewp1 setWaypointstatements ["true", "_handle = [] execVM 'Eject.sqf',"];[/b]

Where ' stand for double quotation.

_ewp1 setWaypointstatements ["true", "_handle = [egrp3,h1] execVM ""Eject.sqf""[color="#FF0000"],[/color]"];

You have a comma there that should either be a ; or remove it.

_ewp1 setWaypointstatements ["true", "_handle = [egrp3,h1] execVM ""Eject.sqf""[color="#FF0000"],[/color]"];

One knows he has enough of scripting for a day when he overlooks something as small as this

Thanks Larrow.

I'd also bin your eject script if your ejecting from a Helo.

See here for a full working example.

Simple-ParaDrop-Script

That script is very good and I will surely hold it for future use. But for this mission I want that the enemy Paratroopers are seen when they jump out of the Helli ( and I've already supplied everyone with their chutes) . Thanks for sharing it with all of us :)

I have a script working through unit 'init' field with command: []exec "xxxx.sqs". But when unit gets in the vehicle it doesn't execute the script. I put the same line in the waypoint 'On Act' field: []exec "xxxx.sqs". But nothing. What I do wrong?