Sign in to follow this  
IT07

ArmA 3 UnitPlay JIP/MP question

Hi peeps.

At the moment I am working on my own MP COOP06 mission and was wondering about how the unitPlay function would behave in MP.

What I am worried about is that people with slower PC's will fire the flight path later than others that are in the same mission, which could result in serious sync issues. Here is the situation:

start of mission > all players in heli > heli flies to extraction point using unitPlay > players get out > heli flies away.

More detailed info: the chopper that is flying the path has the unitPlay command in it's init field, and of course, the flight path is in the mission.

So my question is: is it true that (depending on client's PC speed) the chopper could end up on different positions at everyone their screens?

If so, I would like to know how to avoid that.

Also, if it is true, I was thinking of a publicVariable setup:

unitPlay.sqf > isNul heliStarted > heliStarted = 1; > *flightpath script* > } else { hint"someone else in the mission is already making the heli move???"; };

I know that the script above is total nonsense if the unitPlay is being synced to all clients even if they all execute it.

Anyways, could someone enlighten me on this function? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

IT07.

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like I need to get creative and test the unitPlay Behaviour.

When I have, I will report my findings here.

EDIT:

Post wiped. Info was incorrect.

Edited by IT07
incorrect info