Sign in to follow this  
Mirek

Random Black screen Nvidia Gforce GTX 560

While playing Arma 2 CO sometimes i get black screen. I can still hear sounds from the game, but i dont see anything. after AltTabbing from the game and AltTabing back I see my desctop wallpaper and hear sounds from the game. Any ideas? Never had that problém untill like 4 weeks ago.

Dont have any other games installed except Arma 3 But i play only arma 2 so i dont know if it would happend for other games too.

Occurence of the problém doesnt seem to be coonected to any particular action or graphical effect. It most freqently happends while saving the game, but it allso happends while just standing still and not doing anything. Happends in both Single and multiplayer.

PCspecs:

Win7 64

AMD Athlon II X4 635

Nvidia Gforce GTX 560

12GB RAM

Screen Native: 1920x1080

Using Beta patch, SweetFX, Blastcore, JSRS, CBA, ACE, ACRE,

You have a lot of addons I can see. Try disabling them all as well as any launch parameters you put in.

If that does not help then you should be worried about the state of your hardware.

Well since i use theese addons for about year or two now, and i hadnt that problem before, iam starting to worry about state of my hardware. :-(

Got this same problem after switching over from ATi to Nvidia, flushing helps (hold shift + numpad minus, then type "flush" without the ").

Yes flushing helps, but not when you get killed because you didnt flush fast enough. :-) Its strange i have this same Graphic card for few years and never had problem so iam worried if the poor thing isnt diing on me.

In ARMA 3 I am having this same problem, after about 10 minutes of game play my screen will go black.. i can still shoot my gun, walk around, etc.. But i can not get the video back.

GTX 770

Two things you might try.

Have a look in the RPT, some graphics problems get reported by ArmA.

Monitor the card, For AMD I use MSI Afterburner - you can graph and/or log GPU temperature, FPS, GPU load & other parameters. Dunno if it works with NVIDA cards, never used one but likely there are NVIDIA-specific programs doing the same thing.

Should enable you to judge if the card is overheating, or if it's not using all the VRAM (duff chip, for example).